Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Doctor Santa in disguise  |  show details
by Jita on Dec 16th, 2014

I had my left ankle crushed from a fall. I thought my walking days are over ! Dr, Cannova performed the surgery and did the follow up for more than a year. Now I can walk comfortably and got my normal life back. I am recommending him strongly to my friends who has any orthopedic problems.

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
by Paul S. on Dec 15th, 2014

Dr. Cannova did a total hip-replacement on me, and I am very pleased with his care and the end result. His staff made the process smooth, and his associated made me a decision maker in my care. Well done all around

|  show details
Mar 22nd, 2013

Little consultation or discussion and no follow-up phone call. I waited more than an hour to see Dr. Cannova. He spent all of 5 minutes with me. I needed a hip replacement and he was a referral. I also chose him because he lists the anterior approach (minimally invasive, from the front) as one his specialties. When he finally saw me, he showed me my X Rays, told me he uses ceramic parts, and asked when I wanted surgery. I said ASAP and he sent me to see his surgery coordinator. She took my info and gave me a 100 page booklet about the surgery and rehab. After returning home, I read the information and discovered that he scheduled me for the posterior approach (from the rear, long recovery period). I called and talked to the surgery coordinator and said I didn't want this type surgery. She said she would have Dr. Cannova call me in a couple of days. He didn't (it's been several weeks now, still no call), so I cancelled my surgery and took my body and money elsewhere.

|  show details
Jun 10th, 2012

I had total knee replacement in January 2012 and had a great experience. Strange to say that with a surgery but true. Dr. Cannova is excellent and he will be performing my hip replacement soon. I have highly recommended him to everyone and I am walking proof of how good he is.

|  Outstanding  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

I have had knee problems for quite some time. Dr. Cannova accurately diagnosed the problem and corrected it with surgery. I returned to him 2 years later and he diagnosed my other knee with the same problem (torn meniscus) but also identified a bone cancer issue and referred me to a bone surgeon who remedied the problem. I am very grateful to Dr. Cannova and highly recommend him.

|  Changed my life  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2010

Dr. Cannova recently did my hip replacement. The surgery could not have gone better. I was walking the first day and back to most things within 2 weeks. My friends were amazed. He explained everything and spent alot of time going over the surgery. I will be seeing him again for my other side.

|  Total Knee Replacement  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2009

Dr. Cannova did a total Left Knee Replacement and he has been extremely accessible regarding my needs and spending enough time with me to ensure that I understand the procedure and that I am comfortable. I plan to have my Right knee replaced as soon as I can earn enough leave and feel totally confident in his ability to get me up and walking with little to no pain.