Dr. Christopher Chiodo MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Boston, MA

2.8

April 28th, 2017
Find Somebody Else
He has deplorable bedside manner and gets really defensive if you ask too many questions. He also doesn't strike me as especially intelligent. Perhaps he's good as a surgeon, but after seeing him become irritated 3 or 4 times within a 15 minute appointment, I would not trust him anywhere near me.

April 28th, 2017
Find Someone Else
He is a total narcissist. He cut me off every time I tried to say something and he criticized a colleague. He is a poor listener.

March 1st, 2017
Dr Chiodo saved my knee and treated my family like his own
After a pretty terrible car accident in 1999 Dr. Chiodo saved my leg, knee and probably my life. He was not only dedicated to seeing me walk again he also spent a lot of time with my family helping them with their trauma. He is an artist. Since then I have subjected his work to all kinds of abuse, dancing, hiking, running, kicking, crawling on the floor with my children and every day I am grateful for what he gave me back.

February 2nd, 2017
Dr. Chiodo is an excellent orthopedic doctor.
Dr. Chiodo was very diligent in pursuing conservative options for my bunion issue. As my discomfort increased and surgery became the best option he encouraged me to get other opinions and I did. His reputation in the orthopedic community is outstanding. The second opinions made me more confident in my decision to pursue surgery and to pick him as my surgeon. The surgery went very well, and I am both pleased and grateful for my decreased pain and excellent function. I was very impressed with his care and expertise. I recommend him highly and have already recommended him to friends.

January 23rd, 2017
I would not dispute his surgical ability but his rudeness and lack of concern only shows the size of his ego. The wait times both of my visits at his practice was 3 or more hours. They book every 10 minutes per patient. Staff was wonderful,

September 26th, 2016
Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Discovery
I found Dr. Chiodo and his entire staff to be very polite and very accomadating. He took time to listen to my reason for seeing him and ordered the appropriate tests and studies for my condition. He performed surgery on me and the process was as expected and all the staff at BWH were very nice. I would see Dr. Chiodo again and would gladly recommend him to anyone.

September 26th, 2016
Excellent doctor, but I always feel rushed through appointment.
Dr. Chiodo operated on my ankle last year. He did an excellent job and he is, in my opinion, a top notch doctor, but my only complaint is that I always feel rushed during my appointment. I wait for 45+ minutes and then get to speak with him for 5 minutes max.

July 22nd, 2016
Excellent doctor.
Doctor Chiodo's work on my foot has made it possible for me to get back to my pre-injury lifestyle. His communication skills, diagnosis and prognosis was exact. He explained the procedure in full detail, and walked me through the entire recovery process. I highly recommend Doctor Chiodo.

July 13th, 2016
Excellent Care
My husband has been chronically ill for many years and acutely ill this past year. When we found out that he needed foot surgery we were naturally apprehensive until we met Dr. Chiodo. He was very clear about what needed to be done, and put our mind at ease regarding the surgery. We were seen within 2 days of calling to make an appointment, and his office called us back immediately following our initial consultation to schedule the surgery. His office staff is very efficient, and we received calls back from Dr. Chiodo or his staff the same day as we called with questions. The surgery was uneventful despite all my husband's medical issues and the follow up visits by his staff and with Dr. Chiodo were right on time with no wait. I would recommend him to anyone I know who requires orthopedic surgery.

July 1st, 2016
The best thing that came out of my visit i was referred to Dr Smith. He did my surgery and put my worries at ease unlike dr chiodo

June 7th, 2016
Excellent care
I came to Dr. Chiodo for a second opinion after another surgeon had recommended massive, painful and difficult surgery on both of my feet. Dr. Chiodo's examination was more thorough and more thoughtful than I had previously encountered. After X-rays, a CT scan and an MRI he concluded -- and explained clearly - that I did not need that kind of treatment and that very probably no surgery was required. I was impressed at how much time and care he gave to me and how he willingly explained things to me and my wife. I decided to come to Dr. Chiodo because of his experience and reputation and I gladly recommend him to anyone. He is professional, pleasant, and an excellent communicator. I do not understand the one nasty review of Dr. Chiodo. It makes no sense. I have an appointment to see Dr. Chiodo next year to review my feet and I have every confidence that I will receive excellent care. It's worth the four hour drive from Maine to see him. (In addition, I found the staff both at Gillette and Faulker to be helpful and friendly.)

April 25th, 2016
Superb surgeon
Corrected a mistake if another surgeon. I can walk again.