Dr. Christopher Chiodo MD Patient Reviews

2.8

September 26th, 2016
Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Discovery
I found Dr. Chiodo and his entire staff to be very polite and very accomadating. He took time to listen to my reason for seeing him and ordered the appropriate tests and studies for my condition. He performed surgery on me and the process was as expected and all the staff at BWH were very nice. I would see Dr. Chiodo again and would gladly recommend him to anyone.

September 26th, 2016
Excellent doctor, but I always feel rushed through appointment.
Dr. Chiodo operated on my ankle last year. He did an excellent job and he is, in my opinion, a top notch doctor, but my only complaint is that I always feel rushed during my appointment. I wait for 45+ minutes and then get to speak with him for 5 minutes max.

July 22nd, 2016
Excellent doctor.
Doctor Chiodo's work on my foot has made it possible for me to get back to my pre-injury lifestyle. His communication skills, diagnosis and prognosis was exact. He explained the procedure in full detail, and walked me through the entire recovery process. I highly recommend Doctor Chiodo.

July 13th, 2016
Excellent Care
My husband has been chronically ill for many years and acutely ill this past year. When we found out that he needed foot surgery we were naturally apprehensive until we met Dr. Chiodo. He was very clear about what needed to be done, and put our mind at ease regarding the surgery. We were seen within 2 days of calling to make an appointment, and his office called us back immediately following our initial consultation to schedule the surgery. His office staff is very efficient, and we received calls back from Dr. Chiodo or his staff the same day as we called with questions. The surgery was uneventful despite all my husband's medical issues and the follow up visits by his staff and with Dr. Chiodo were right on time with no wait. I would recommend him to anyone I know who requires orthopedic surgery.

July 1st, 2016
The best thing that came out of my visit i was referred to Dr Smith. He did my surgery and put my worries at ease unlike dr chiodo

June 7th, 2016
Excellent care
I came to Dr. Chiodo for a second opinion after another surgeon had recommended massive, painful and difficult surgery on both of my feet. Dr. Chiodo's examination was more thorough and more thoughtful than I had previously encountered. After X-rays, a CT scan and an MRI he concluded -- and explained clearly - that I did not need that kind of treatment and that very probably no surgery was required. I was impressed at how much time and care he gave to me and how he willingly explained things to me and my wife. I decided to come to Dr. Chiodo because of his experience and reputation and I gladly recommend him to anyone. He is professional, pleasant, and an excellent communicator. I do not understand the one nasty review of Dr. Chiodo. It makes no sense. I have an appointment to see Dr. Chiodo next year to review my feet and I have every confidence that I will receive excellent care. It's worth the four hour drive from Maine to see him. (In addition, I found the staff both at Gillette and Faulker to be helpful and friendly.)

April 25th, 2016
Superb surgeon
Corrected a mistake if another surgeon. I can walk again.

April 17th, 2016
Great Surgeon
I saw Dr. Chiodo for repair of a fully ruptured Achilles tendon. While I would not wish this injury on anyone, I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Chiodo and the care and attention I received from him and his staff. As I look back on the entire process (now that I am done) I cannot think of one thing that I wish they had done differently or that I think could have been done better.

April 13th, 2016
Would not recommend!
I went in for a second opinion on my foot. Waited over an hour and a half to see him. No apology about the delay. His fellow looked at my mri that I brought with me and said he couldn't exactly see because of hardware in my foot (bunionectomy). The issue was nowhere near my big toe. The dr came in and wanted me to get an x-ray which I knew would show nothing. After the x-ray he told me he wanted to cut my toe down and if it didn't work I'd have to come back for a second surgery and have him cut more. He then felt my calf and said it was tight and that I needed a calf release as well. That would result in a 6-8 month recovery. He told me to think about it and then left the office. After sitting for a few minutes I stepped out and asked if I was done to which he replied yes and had his staff show me the way out. I was in tears when I left. I went right back to my podiatrist and scheduled a surgery for neuroma removal. When I told him about my visit he told me if I had the calf release I would end up with a foot that flops when I walked! I'm so glad I had the knowledge about my condition so that I didn't make a mistake in choosing him! If a doctor says maybe the first surgery will work, but if not you'll have to come back again, RUN! He wasn't very friendly either. I am currently recovering quite comfortably from my neuroma excission and couldn't be happier with my doctor.

April 12th, 2016
Wonderful Surgeon....
After 10+ years of being shifted from doctor to doctor for a chronic ankle issue, I was finally able to get in with Dr. Chiodo. He has always been the most pleasant person from the second he walked in the door. He spent a lot of extra time trying to help me. He respected my wife and disabled child who was with me as well. I have taken the time with my wife to read EVERY review on here and it amazes me that someone can continuously come back over and over and keep leaving the same negative review. The one star reviews date back several years ago and it seems to be the same person over and over. Please do not take one bad apple out of the bunch to let it ruin your experience. I have been blessed to find Dr. Chiodo and believe he will be the one to get me back 100%... I am on the road to recovery and feel I have a wonderful surgeon guiding me along the way. If you need a foot/ankle surgeon, make an appointment with him and find out how great he is for yourself. I did and could not be happier!!!

March 31st, 2016
So far I like him, but I am not looking for a friend, just a good surgeon. The X-Ray Dept. at Faulkner is terrible. The wait time was about 1.5-2 hours. Everyone waiting was upset. They booked too many people on that Monday, and allegedly every Monday is like that. So, don't get X-Rays on MONDAYS. He was accurate with his diagnosis, seemed empathetic, and eager to correct the issue.

March 16th, 2016
Dr. Chiodo is outstanding. He took on another doctor's malpractice, repaired all, and I am now leading a normal life - It was a 4 year journey, and Dr. Chiodo put my ankle back together again. He is extraordinarily skilled - an expert in his field.