Christopher J Corner MD Patient Reviews

2.4
  • 16 reviews

July 23rd, 2016
Dr. Corner listened, explained, and completely understood me.

March 30th, 2016
He just up and quit his practice in Lancaster Ohio with no notice he should not have a licence

September 15th, 2015
He was very derogatory towards us, not willing to listen to our concerns. He approached with an "I am doctor you are stupid" attitude, and then dropped our son as a patient with no notice. Now we are out of his meds and still trying to find a MUCH BETTER dr that's worthy of the title

September 7th, 2015
Peer review
I saw this doctor prior to the opening of his current practice site and then for a few years after. I am surprised by the reviews I just read: I thought that I was alone in describing that he spent the most of the time not talking about me or my problems. I thought that he was more informal with me because I am a physician. I, too, heard stories about how his dogs, his divorce, and problems with practice partners. As far as time spent waiting to see him, I frequently waited for him more than 1.5 hours. His new wife worked in the office while I was a patient; she was frequently rude and inappropriate. I was diagnosed as having a bipolar disorder and was told I could not survive without this medication. More than 10 years later, I am living quite nicely without it.

September 25th, 2014
Living a Normal life
I have had no problems with this Doc, He diagnosed me correctly. I feel the best I have ever felt. I can live a normal life and I work a very stressful job. I know he likes his dogs , but so do I. They were an ice breaker when I first met with him. He like to talk and some time he doesn't listen, but if I have a problem he listens. Some of these ppl who wrote their reviews need a couch doc.

May 1st, 2014
Finally!
I was surprised by the reviews of this doctor. Dr. Corner is a no nonsense doctor which is why I think people reviewed him badly. I have had mental issues my whole life and this doctor has finally helped me. I finally feel "normal" again. My medications are finally straightened out. I guess people who review are only the ones who had a bad experience because he is wonderful! Oh and by seeing some of the people in this area I am guessing he gets many patients who just want a Dr for disability and Xanax. So sad! he is great .

October 2nd, 2013
Wouldnt take my dog there..
What a pointless trip..He is a joke..He needs to retire and take care of his dogs..Only thing he cares about are those dogs..Nothing else..He doesn't listen to u at all..Sad..

May 23rd, 2013
Medical field
This doctor treated my mother in law that I cared for @ home; he was the worst. This "doctor" never listened to anything; he didn't bother to review the previous doctors notes (we were quite happy w her previous doctor-but was relocated). Every review I have read here mirrors our experience. The man is not capable to making a proper diagnosis.........he never hears anything said! The dogs................oh my goodness the dogs! He is without question the most un-professional provider I have ever encountered. Sadly, our family has quite a history of mental illness and we have had to learn as we all grow older; the one lesson I wish to share is stay clear of this man! Recently I discovered my friend of over 35 years is seeing him for medication. This explains her blank stare and detatchment from reality and suicidal tendencies. What must we do as consumers to rid the community of this man? If a construction worker rips off a local person it makes the news; a medical professional is ruining lives and it goes unreported. Really? Actually I would give this man a negative star rating.

February 4th, 2013
Ticks Me Off
The single, only reason I visit this doctor is to get refills. Other than "Please write me a refill," I don't actually SAY anything to him. At our first 1 hr long visit, he spent 45 minutes talking about his stupid dogs, about 2 minutes talking about me, and the rest was arguing with me about something I said. He told me up front "I'm the doctor, not you." when I tried to actually be involved in the diagnosis. I seriously dislike him. I'm dreading my next appointment but at the moment, he is the only doctor who can write my refills.

July 30th, 2012
are you serious?
I thought I would give this doctor one more try as it was very easy to get an appointment and it isn't easy finding a psychiatrist these days. Once inside the Doctor was very dismissive of me, after mentioning my antidepressant wasn't working he wrote me a prescription for the exact same thing I have been experiencing severe depression and anxiety with sucidial thoughts. I explained my crippling anxiety only for him to start a 30 minute long RANT about his life and his family and his dogs. He even talks about his patients in a derogatory manner. How this man is practicing medicine and had not hey been sued or had his license revoked is beyond me. He had the audacity to say the F word in the room. Beware of this man, I felt far worse after leaving than when I had arrived.

July 3rd, 2012
Our appointment was for 9 am yesterday morning(I like to be the first appointment because the wait time is ridiculous) After sitting for 15 minutes I asked if we were going to be seen soon. The answer was when we get our computer up and running. Ten minutes later, we were told we had to make another appt. because the wait would be at least 1 hour. Another women in the waiting room asked if she could just talk to the dr. (he could have talked to us and then transferred info on the computer) I asked if we could just get scripts (one is a controlled substance and we are almost out). At that time, Dr. Corner opened the door and very rudely announced to us that we could be patient and wait for one hour or we could leave. What we needed could have been done without a computer. I asked the office girl after that announcement if we could just have the one script written for the controlled substance. She disappeared for 10 minutes - I got tired of waiting because my son(the patient) needed to get to work and he was very agitated. Previous to this appointment, the dr. talked about politics and complained about things in this country without really talking to my son, the patient. He takes his two dogs to work and we always have to pay attention to them and let them sit on our laps, but when my son wanted to pick one up and put it on his lap, he was scolded by the dr. Oh yes, I forgot, we also had to hear about the dogs lives. Dr. Corner is very professionally unethical and needs to be disciplined. The other woman who was waiting was very upset and told me that she will not be coming back.

October 28th, 2011
Needs to retire or seek another profession
Waited 45 minutes to actually see him and once in the room he started the conversation about his dogs and that went on for about 15 to 20 minutes. He then asked what brought me in for the visit, I started to explain, then suddenly something I must have mentioned triggered another thought about his dog, then once again we were on that subject for another 10 minutes. My making the appointment was to be able to talk to him about the medication that I am taking doesn't seem to be helping. He asked what medications I was currently on and why...that was one of my questions for him, why!?! I asked if there might be something else that I could try that might suit me better. He mumbled a few things and began to write on his prescription pad and handed them to me. I looked at the prescriptions and they were for the same exact thing that I was currently on, I asked him why he was prescribing me the same medication that I had just told him wasn't working for me and he came back with...I will need to see you back in 2 weeks and we will go from there. That made absolutely no sense to me.I hope anyone making an appointment with him will read his reviews because they are very accurate. In my opinion, he should be entering his dogs in shows, that would suit him much better as a profession.I will not go back to him nor would I ever recommend him to anyone.