Dr. Christopher Cronin MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Chesterfield, MO

no change

June 18th, 2016
Great doctor. Been to many and he is the best doctor I have ever dealt with.

January 9th, 2012
Caring Surgeon
Dr Cronin was referred by many of the hospital staff as the one that took care of either themselves or their family members. What better recommendation could there be! And, they were right, he was thorough in his diagnosis, prompt in discussing all the test results with me and in getting me ready for a much needed surgery. He saw me each day before and after surgery, and I was there for 10 days. That said to me that he truly cares and is dedicated to his patients. He, St. Luke's nursing/hospital staff and his office staff were so kind and helpful from beginning to end that I will always be grateful. IF I or anyone I care about ever need surgery I plan for him to be the surgeon.

August 11th, 2010
I didn't meet Dr. Cronin until I was already hospitalized via the emergency room for appendicitis. He came to see me prior to surgery, was kind, polite, informative. Surgery went well, called my husband after surgery and prior to my return from recovery. Visited me 3 hours after surgery, explained thoroughly what he found, discussed expected recovery, answered my questions. Kept me in the hospital an extra day due to cloudy fluid from abdominal drain, again explaining everything, using diagrams, answering questions. I found Dr. Cronin kind, competent, caring, and informative. He is willing to take the time to answer questions even though he is quite busy.I would highly recommend Dr. Cronin as a General Surgeon.

July 27th, 2010
Great Surgeon!
Dr. Cronin is a great surgeon. I became his patient in May 09. I had an incarcerated hernia that I had for at least a year prior to 09. The hernia got wrapped around my bowel and really needed to be take taken care of or I would have died. When I first went to meet him, I drove myself to the hospital in pain (my choice)from the hernia. Dr. Cronin took one look and feel of my hernia and I yelped in pain! That was enough for him to go on and he said "I want you in the hospital right now!" I agreed, but my pulmonary doctor wanted to be there for the surgery since I have a trachea and breathing issues. The surgery was moved up a week. The surgery was successful and everything went well. Just 12 hours after surgery however, I got pneumonia in both of my lungs and they were filled completely. When Dr. Cronin found out about this, he became very concerned for me and he really worked hard on how to get a handle on the pneumonia. I had to stay in the hospital for 12 days, ( 4 days in ICU and then 7 days on the pulmonary floor) and every day he would come by and see me. I have never saw a doctor care as much as he did in this situation. The follow up visit went well and he was happy to hear by that point that I was recovering well. To the present day, I feel a lot better about myself and life. It had been a long time that I wasn't in the pain that my hernia gave me.In conclusion, Dr. Cronin saved my life! I am very thankful all he did for me!

April 1st, 2009
Appendix Out
Cronin was very nice to me. I came to the ER with pain that seemed like an appendicits and the other docs were not so quick to think I needed the surgery becuase I had another condition. He knew it was the right thing to do now I feel great. Although he didn't stand around and talk to me for a long time he told me the information I needed and listened to me. I'd recommend him as a surgeon. He was very prompt in the morning and even came to see me twice on the same day before I went home which is pretty unusal. St. Lukes was great, and also BUSY. I like busy though becuase it means they see lots of cases which is what you want. I want people that see lots of conditions. The nurses were great and I like how they have phones you can just call them if you need something. Thanks Dr. Cronin.

September 30th, 2008
I would not recommend Dr. Cronin. Although he is a competent surgeon, his bedside manners are unacceptable.