Dr. Christopher Croot MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 11th, 2015
One of the best
He has done an excellent job managing cancer in my mother-in-law as well as my father. Dr. Croot knows his stuff in excruciating detail. With my background, I know a little about cancer biology, but his mind operates at the genius level. He shoots straight with people, and doesn't pull any punches. He may be a little too direct for some people, especially if they don't really want to hear/know the truth. He is passionate about what he does, and truly cares for the well-being of his patients. On the other hand, I can tell--based on experiences with my mother-in-law--that he's not the kind to put up with unnecessary crap from a patient or a patient's family. He's certainly the best medical oncologist in North Mississippi and probably among the best in the Southeast. I don't care what any of the other reviewers say, we're fortunate to have someone of Dr. Croot's caliber in this corner of Mississippi.

August 1st, 2013
very smart and kind dr
Wonderful and extremely smart Dr. Very kind and sympathetic and will always tell you the truth in a way you can understand. Spends an abnormal amount of time with his patients and makes sure you understand completely. Would recommend to anyone.

August 16th, 2010
At least he cured my cancer...
I was in stage four of non-hodgkins lymphoma when I was assigned Dr. Croot as my oncologist. I was told by him I had 2 large tumors, one in my abdomen/pelvic area (which was big enough to cause several fractures in my hip) and one in my chest just behind my sternum. When I went to Jackson to have a PET scan, they told me that I had 2 other tumors that I didn't even know about. When I asked him about it, he acted like he knew the whole time (yeah, right!). He did indeed cure my cancer, and I've been in remission for about 8 months now. But I got really tired of him asking me things that I felt like he should know (i.e. what medications I'm taking, when is my next PET scan scheduled, etc.). Last time I went for a check-up he told me they would mail out my next PET scan appointment within the next week...3 weeks later I still haven't heard anything and can't get his office to return my calls. I also didn't appreciate being treated like I'm a some sort of junkie pill head because I asked for a refill on my Lorcet after they were gone. It took me 5 months to complete a 60 day supply, mind you, but his nurse thought it would be okay to make me feel like a heroin addict when I aked for more. Cancer is a hard thing to deal with and at times is also very, very painful. She actually said to me, "Well, hun, we don't like to just write out pain pill prescriptions." I laughed and told her she should probably get used to it because she works at a CANCER CLINIC! I'm grateful for the fact that he cured my cancer, but overall I feel like I should have received better care.

July 27th, 2010
Will not respond to problems
When I reported for my first chemo at his satellite office I had to wait almost two hours because the main office had not sent my formulation. Later when I experienced Afib I could not contact Dr Croot to determine what to do about my chemo. His office would not return phone calls to me, my primary care physician nor my chemo provider. Same thing happened when I contracted a respiratory infection.

March 25th, 2010
Wonderful Doctor
Dr Croot treated my father for lung cancer. We could not have found a more caring, concered,helpful Dr. I would recomend him to everyone

February 11th, 2010
Find a real oncologist
rude, no call backs on vital tests, rude office secretary, uncaring, doesn't discuss alternatives just what he wants to give patients, bad diagnosis

June 10th, 2009
CHOOSE ANOTHER DR!
RUDE, OBNOXIOUS, UNFEELING, DEMEANING, HARMFUL DECISION-MAKING SKILLS, PATRONIZING, DISRESPECTFUL