Dr. Christopher Nelson DO Patient Reviews

• Orthopedics Reconstructive Surgery West Des Moines, IA

February 9th, 2016
I’m very pleased with the results of my surgery. Dr. Chris Nelson is not only an excellent surgeon but also has a wonderful bedside manner. He took the time to explain my X-rays and MRI results and what my options were. He was not quick to rush into surgery. I had a labrum repaired and my husband had a complete hip replacement. We are both very happy with the results.

May 13th, 2015
Dr. Nelson has no respect for your time. It was over an hour past my appointment time before I was seen. Previous appointments were 30 minutes or longer. His PA is cold and impersonal. Treatment prescribed is only masking the issue with no in-depth discussion of resolving the issue.

April 1st, 2015
excellent surgeon!
Dr. Nelson saw my teenage daughter for a labral tear in her hip. He was amazing! From the first visit to her last follow up after surgery, he has been nothing but caring and attentive. He spent a lot of time explaining the surgery to us. He even called us on the weekend so we could get her MRI results before a big track meet. That is good doctor! The gal who answers the phone is Sara who is very knowledgable about insurance. My husband is in the national guard so there was a lot of paperwork to get her approved for an MRI and surgery and Sara "fought" the insurance company to get us approved quickly. I cannot thank them enough for helping my daughter. She plans to attend Iowa State this fall with no problems walking to class. Thank you Dr. Nelson and staff!