A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Christopher Nielsen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Christopher Nielsen is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nielsen
Atrial Fibrillation Patient Education Learn about atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat symptoms and treatments by reading the patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Nielsen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Christopher Nielsen, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Nielsen graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Nielsen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Medical University Of South Carolina
- East Cooper Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Christopher D Nielsen MD is a male Internist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Christopher D. Nielsen practice?
- Dr. Christopher Nielsen has 3 office locations.
Dr. Christopher Nielsen practices Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Charleston, SC.
Additional practice locations include: Mt Pleasant, SC and Mount Pleasant, SC.
See Charleston Cardiologists.