Dr. Christopher Dawson MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 17th, 2017
Does not treat breastfeeding mothers
I am breastfeeding, so he would not even discuss options beyond physical therapy, which I can't afford. Apparently breastfeeding and not having a lot of spare money means I deserve to be in pain. When I started crying from pain and despair, he left the room and had his office manager come talk to me.

February 27th, 2017
Yorktown, VA
Dr Dawson is the most arrogant doctor I have ever seen. He belittles quite frequently and always has to get the last word in. He asks for questions and then makes you feel like an idiot for asking. He may be a good doctor, but unfortunately, many will never know because of his terrible bedside manner. He is by far the worst doctor I have ever been to. He will copy and paste the following response to every negative review he gets: Dr Dawson does not accept new patients whose sole desire is to have their opioid refilled. Patients that he inherited may very well not be satisfied with his conservative medical management practice. We NEVER spoke of or asked for opiod refills - it is just his way of minimizing the review and trying to control the situation.

October 6th, 2016
Dr jekyl
He is inconsistent, arrogant, sarcastic, volatile, unprofessional. He has no empathy or compassion. His way or the highway. Stay away from this quack.

September 7th, 2016
Unprofessional
Arrogant. Does not listen to the patient.

March 29th, 2016
Unfortunately I am not satisfy with this doctor, after getting a second opinion I learned I didn't have anything wrong with my sciatica and I was given 6 shots and wanted to give me 12 more for a condition I did not have. Very disappointed.

October 31st, 2015
Courteous and friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommended- he's professional and a great doctor.

October 17th, 2015
Very professional. He'll be my doctor for a long time.

April 7th, 2015
Great diagnostician.
Very knowledgeable, explains everything.

March 10th, 2014
Review of dr Dawson
I was referred to Dr Dawson for hip pain & was immediately impressed with his great personality and concern for the patient. Dr. Dawson pin pointed my hip problem & I started physical therapy within the week. Over the last few months I've seen Dr Dawson for a few procedures & follow ups. My hip issues have greatly improved and I continue to learn new ways to increase my mobility and prevent further flare ups. It's nice to find a doctor who loves his job and also will listen to the patient and not suggest surgery before trying other options first.

February 21st, 2014
Dr. Dawson Superior Pain Management Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Dawson since August, 2012. I have multiple, complex medical problems requiring a very skilled pain physician. Dr. Dawson is exactly that. Not only is his diagnosis always right-on target, so is his treatment. He has the ability to "think outside the box" and find what will give me the most relief. He delivers his treatment with compassion and precision. He takes the time to listen and to treat one as an intelligent adult who knows her own body. At the same time, he is firm, but kind when he informs you when you are incorrect!! BUT, he explains why and what is the best route to go. Re: his office's organizational procedures---they are always checking into insurance coverage, meticulously monitoring pain and inflammation medications, and doing follow-up. I often receive a call after an injection to see how I am doing. I always am scheduled for an office visit after a procedure to see how I am doing. He is an excellent time manager--often taking me earlier than my appointment time. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Dawson. He is without question the best physician I've ever been to. Thanks to him, I am able to live a life with less pain.

February 20th, 2014
Retired
Dr. Dawson has been treating me for back and leg problems for about two years and has always been professional, courteous and easy to talk with about my condition.

February 18th, 2014
Mrs.
Dr. Dawson is a very kind, understanding, patient man who is also a most professional & effective specialist in the non-surgical treatment of spinal disorders.