A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Chris Demetriou:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Chris Demetriou is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Demetriou
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Demetriou Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Chris Demetriou, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Weight Loss
- Weight loss (non-surgical)
Education & Awards
Dr. Demetriou graduated from Stony Brook University. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Demetriou has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Winthrop University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Chris Demetriou MD is a male Internist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Chris Demetriou practice?
- Dr. Chris Demetriou has 6 office locations.
Dr. Chris Demetriou practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Garden City, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bayside, NY and Mineola, NY.
See Garden City Internists and Garden City Gastroenterologists.