A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Christopher Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Christopher Smith, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Duke University , Durham.
Dr. Smith has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Alamance Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 4 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Christopher E. Smith practice?
Dr. Christopher Smith practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Burlington, NC.
See Burlington Surgeons.