Dr. Christopher Wagener MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 29th, 2015
I Love Dr. Wagener from the moment I first saw him, to my diagnosis, and into my surgery, he is the best! I had other surgeons opinions, but never felt safe, and as informed as I did when I saw him: There is comfort in his words, his mannerisms, his detail to attention and overall his compassion with his patients.

December 27th, 2015
Dr. wagener is excellent doctor in every aspect.He gives you all the options to better your condition with surgery as the final solution and is never pushy to convince you to go that route. he will tell you if he thinks he can help you with surgery and the decision is yours to make. In my case I had the surgery to my lower back and could not be happier with the results. He gave me my active life back and for that I will be forever thankful.

July 23rd, 2013
Teacher
I love his mannerism, the way he is so gentle and makes u feel comfortable! He is knowledgable and predicted exactly what would happen if I did not do the fusion. He did not pressure me he was just extremely honest. A year later I was back, because everything he said did happen I couldn't take the pain anymore. Best moment: opening my eyes and seeing him w a big smile. Love my surgeon!

February 15th, 2013
Just What I Was Looking For
Met with Dr. Wagener two times and scheduled back surgery. He was very professional, informative, shared my options and his recommendations. He eased my concerns about my condition and how he could improve my quality of daily living. I am very pleased with Dr Wagener and have confidence in his abilities to correct my problem.

January 19th, 2013
unbelieveable
I never have met anyone in my life as arrogant and full of themselves. I got nothing out of this appointment. He spent 3 minutes with me and said nothing reassuring, just another referral. Very disappointed.

March 3rd, 2012
Waste of time and money -
I had back surgery many years ago and had zero problems with my back until recently. Went to see Dr. Wagener who told me I would always have back problems and that I wouldn't want to have surgery now. I have been unable to walk more than a few feet or do the normal ADLs for almost a year. When does this doctor think I would want surgery? Totally disgusted with the visit. He did not give me any reasons or an opportunity to ask questions. He may have a good reputation in the Lehigh Valley, but along with that obviously has come arrogance and cherry-picking.

January 15th, 2012
I had incapacitating for over a year and said I would never have surgery. I spoke with a few other surgeons that I found dismissive and without an ounce of compassion. Not only did Dr. Wagener explain why I was hurting he confidently came up a plan to get me out of my horrible pain. Its been 3 months since my surgery and I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. Truly a gem in my opinion. I have sent other friends to him with the same results.

December 23rd, 2011
Dr. Wagener is an excellent surgeon. However, if you have additional issues postop you will be directed to his NP who in my opinion misinformed me regarding symptoms. I had a very hard time making an appointment with Dr. Wagener himself to ask if the symptoms I was experiencing was normal. When I finally got to see him, he was very reassuring and was able to explain things more clearly. If you want a meticulous, detail-oriented surgeon, Dr. Wagener is the one, but if you need more personal attention and a doctor who is more informative, then you he might not work for you. Just ask lots of questions.

October 4th, 2011
would recommend Dr. Wagener to my friends
Feel very well taken care of by Dr. Wagener. Does not rush, listens to me and responds very honestly to my problems.

April 10th, 2011
Dr. Wagener truly saved my life. I was debilitated and unable to perform most of my daily activities without terrible leg pain before my surgery. I was told by other doctors that I couldn't be helped. I now have my life back thanks to him. Additionally, his staff was extremely helpful and attentive whenever I had a question or concern. This surgeon is a miracle worker!

March 29th, 2011
awful
I have never been treated so badly by a physician in my life. I have been a pt. at Coordinated Health for over a year. I was referred to Dr. Wagener by another physician in the group. Dr. Wagener was dismissive, uncaring, arrogant and completely disinterested in me as a patient. I cried the whole way home due to the fact that he made me feel completely worthless. I absolutely do not recommend him to anyone. And this is not because he couldn't help me from a surgical standpoint. Even if he could, I wouldn't let him touch me, and I am desperate to find someone who can help me. If Dr. Wagener had been the first physician I had contact with at Coordinated Health, I would never have gone back.

March 18th, 2011
Was rude and totally non compassionate toward, mr as patient. Have never been treated as poorly as I was today. Has no regard for anyone who might be a potebtial dollar forhim and he actually said as much.