Surgical Specialist
Coordinated Health
2775 Schoenersville Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18017
610-861-8080
Locations and availability (11)

|  Not a good Surgeon  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2013

I personally had a very bad experience with this Doctor, if you would like to call him a Doctor, I would not, maybe a hack. My fusion never fused but this HACK strung me along for two years in pain and misery telling me it was healing, and later told me I was healed 100%. Upon a second and then a third opinion I found out on these other two opinions that I never healed at all. I would not let this HACK operate on my dog.

|  Cervical spine surgey- great  |  show details
by LJE on Aug 13th, 2013

I am a 44 yr old former elite athlete would still trains 14 hours/week. After four painful weeks of c6-c7 herniated disk, and one injection, I was scheduled for surgery in early June 2013; I cancelled the day prior because I wanted to try additional injections and acupuncture. Dr. Wagener was fine with the late cancellation- in fact, he wants patients to do everything possible to avoid surgery. This should be appreciated by patients as many surgeons advise surgery as soon as they can. After an additional injection, which limited the pain but did nothing to restore the 40-50% muscle loss now plaguing my right arm, I had a single level c6-c7 ACDF on July 19. Dr. Wagener and his team were wonderful; I have undergone eight major surgeries at other leading institutions, and this experience ranks among the best. Dr. Wagener and his assistant are courteous but frank, and answer any questions you may have. Another advantage is that they realize that a fit 44 year old will differ from a weak elderly patient or a fit college kid, and thus do not prescribe the same treatment to everyone. Overall I would not hesitate to say you would be challenged to find a better doctor for help with cervical - and lumbar spine issues.

Aug 5th, 2013

Dr. Wagener is a joke. He told me that my surgery healed 100%, only to find out after two other opinions that my neck never fused. He even told me early on that the top plate had shifted 10mm's, but that was fine because that was in range. I think not. He then strung me along for two years telling me that it was healing fine, and then told me that it was healed 100%, and if I kept complaining I would ead up on his table again, not like that would ever happen. I put all my trust in this (Doctor) thinking he had my best interest in mind, only to find out all he was worried about was a lawsuit. THIS DOCTOR CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!

|  Teacher  |  show details
by Yvonne Cosby on Jul 23rd, 2013

I love his mannerism, the way he is so gentle and makes u feel comfortable! He is knowledgable and predicted exactly what would happen if I did not do the fusion. He did not pressure me he was just extremely honest. A year later I was back, because everything he said did happen I couldn't take the pain anymore. Best moment: opening my eyes and seeing him w a big smile. Love my surgeon!

|  Just What I Was Looking For  |  show details
by W Filbert on Feb 15th, 2013

Met with Dr. Wagener two times and scheduled back surgery. He was very professional, informative, shared my options and his recommendations. He eased my concerns about my condition and how he could improve my quality of daily living. I am very pleased with Dr Wagener and have confidence in his abilities to correct my problem.

|  unbelieveable  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2013

I never have met anyone in my life as arrogant and full of themselves. I got nothing out of this appointment. He spent 3 minutes with me and said nothing reassuring, just another referral. Very disappointed.

|  A Miracle  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2012

My 50 year old husband was in terrible pain just sitting up in a wheelchair in a nursing home in November 2009. The day after his surgery he was walking around at home. Dr. Wagener is a great man, and an outstanding surgeon.

|  Waste of time and money -  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2012

I had back surgery many years ago and had zero problems with my back until recently. Went to see Dr. Wagener who told me I would always have back problems and that I wouldn't want to have surgery now. I have been unable to walk more than a few feet or do the normal ADLs for almost a year. When does this doctor think I would want surgery? Totally disgusted with the visit. He did not give me any reasons or an opportunity to ask questions. He may have a good reputation in the Lehigh Valley, but along with that obviously has come arrogance and cherry-picking.

|  Gus Dekrell  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

L4-5 Fusion with pedicules on Jan.12, 2011. Dr Wagener is professional,showed my condition with CT scans and MRI's , went through the surgery, after surgery he also was there to say everything went fine. Dr. Wagener's team and surgery unit at 1503 Cedar Crest BLvd. Allentown , were excellent ,were always available , all I can say I had a great experience and mending well after 23 days. It wasn't so bad at all.Thank you Dr. Wagener and all of the team.

Jan 15th, 2012

I had incapacitating for over a year and said I would never have surgery. I spoke with a few other surgeons that I found dismissive and without an ounce of compassion. Not only did Dr. Wagener explain why I was hurting he confidently came up a plan to get me out of my horrible pain. Its been 3 months since my surgery and I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. Truly a gem in my opinion. I have sent other friends to him with the same results.

Dec 23rd, 2011

Dr. Wagener is an excellent surgeon. However, if you have additional issues postop you will be directed to his NP who in my opinion misinformed me regarding symptoms. I had a very hard time making an appointment with Dr. Wagener himself to ask if the symptoms I was experiencing was normal. When I finally got to see him, he was very reassuring and was able to explain things more clearly. If you want a meticulous, detail-oriented surgeon, Dr. Wagener is the one, but if you need more personal attention and a doctor who is more informative, then you he might not work for you. Just ask lots of questions.

|  would recommend Dr. Wagener to my friends  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

Feel very well taken care of by Dr. Wagener. Does not rush, listens to me and responds very honestly to my problems.

|  The Only One  |  show details
May 10th, 2011

I had tremendous pain in my right leg and cold not even walk months before seeing Dr Wagener. My injury was pretty Sevier and he knew exactly what to do. I had surgery December 9 2010 and am now back to my every day routines including running and going to the gym. I my opinion he saved my life and I was lucky to find such a doctor. If you have any question about Dr Wagener or the procedure please contact me. Jaypb2002@hotmail.com

Apr 10th, 2011

Dr. Wagener truly saved my life. I was debilitated and unable to perform most of my daily activities without terrible leg pain before my surgery. I was told by other doctors that I couldn't be helped. I now have my life back thanks to him. Additionally, his staff was extremely helpful and attentive whenever I had a question or concern. This surgeon is a miracle worker!

|  awful  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

I have never been treated so badly by a physician in my life. I have been a pt. at Coordinated Health for over a year. I was referred to Dr. Wagener by another physician in the group. Dr. Wagener was dismissive, uncaring, arrogant and completely disinterested in me as a patient. I cried the whole way home due to the fact that he made me feel completely worthless. I absolutely do not recommend him to anyone. And this is not because he couldn't help me from a surgical standpoint. Even if he could, I wouldn't let him touch me, and I am desperate to find someone who can help me. If Dr. Wagener had been the first physician I had contact with at Coordinated Health, I would never have gone back.

Mar 18th, 2011

Was rude and totally non compassionate toward, mr as patient. Have never been treated as poorly as I was today. Has no regard for anyone who might be a potebtial dollar forhim and he actually said as much.

|  Miracle Worker  |  show details
by Terri on Sep 26th, 2010

Unbelievable relief! I entered his office in a wheelchair, unable to even use my left leg at all, and four weeks later I was back at work, 2 weeks after that I was back at the gym, and a week after that back to wearing my high heels and feeling better than ever!

|  Saved my life  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2010

I was in so much pain, on 2 percocet 10's and a cocktail of other meds...and still wanted to walk out into traffic. The pain was unberarable, I could not stand, walk, sit, nothing. All I could do was cry in pain. Dr. Wagener's diagnosis and surgery saved me. Now I only need tylenol on occasion. I am back to work, back to being a wife and mother. Before he fixed me, I wanted to die, the pain was that bad.

Jul 17th, 2010

Dr. Wagener is outstanding. He knew exactly what my problem was, explained my condition and gave me options. He is not your typical surgeon. If there are non operative options, he will pursue them before considering surgery. And if you do need surgery, he is an expert in Minimally invasive surgery.

|  Hidden Gem  |  show details