Dr. Christopher Fagan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 6th, 2016
I will die rather than go back....Stay away!!!
Never have needed to be coddled. But i refuse to be talked down to when asking advice for my aging medical issues. Bedside manner is non-existent, this would be acceptable if health improved. Staff either under trained, or encouraged to be rude. Also watch out for extra charges. I had been taken off work permanently, when Soc Sec Disability sent paperwork i was informed it would cost $150.00 for them to fill out. What???? Time to move on!!

June 23rd, 2016
Skip this practice
After the recent office expansion, this practice has gone downhill fast. Wait times of over a hour, sometimes with standing room only, with an appointment are common. Numerous mistakes by office staff on follow ups also common. Like telling you they called and left a message with important information when that did not happen. Having to call three additional times to get a routine RX refill after having spoken to the Dr. on a mandatory visit that they required to get the refill. Ridiculous! Looking for a new doctor!

September 29th, 2014
Skip this doctor
If you have any other option, it is best to skip this office. At least until they obtain better-trained staff. During the time of my patronage of this office, I learned that administrative staff is incapable of distinguishing between the old insurance systems and the new ones. I'm holder of the policy from the old insurance system, and repeatedly the staff was filling wrong claims to my insurance company, although they had years of experience with this particular insurance plan. My husband had the same plan and was a patient there for years. This particular problem appeared only this year, after ACA was introduced. The first instance, I went to the office to receive a typical annual health check, the preventive care. I received a bill for more than $500 just for having routine tests. It took me weeks until I finally sorted that one out. And yes, the staff filed the wrong claim to the insurance company. Second time, the story repeated. This time, extra bill was only $15, again entirely unnecessary by my insurance plan, but definitely not worth of me wasting weeks of my time to sort that one out. But ultimately the worse blunder happened with referral to a specialist. I had to wait three months to finally receive the piece of paper. The piece of paper that, by all rules, I should get during the initial visit when request was made. Luckily, I did not have severe, life-threatening condition, just a nasty side-effect of an injury. And that side-effect is here to stay with me, guess why. I lived in four different countries, I have experiences with various medical providers in several US states, but never, ever I had to wait for months to get a referral. I shudder at the thought of having a serious condition that requires immediate intervention of a specialist.

March 4th, 2014
Simply The Best
Doctors just don't get any better. When I moved to the Big Bear Valley 7 years ago, I found there were 4 primary care physicians, so I interviewed all and gave them the same list of my medications and medical history. Although this doctor doesn't have a hand holding bedside manner, he is 100% in his knowledge and ability to help me understand problems. My few extremely serious medical problems, proved to me that I made the right decision. He is straight forward and confident in his knowledge, doesn't sugar coat what needs to be said and always understands my symptoms. In my book, he's simply the best in any medical situation.

November 2nd, 2012
Never saw you. Do you even exist???
I am a patient with Dr. Fagan, and have been for almost five consecutive years. Never saw the guy once. Ever. Pretty useless if you ask me...Always saw Brad summers, who does a great job, but where is the doctor???I feel sorry for Brad since he pretty much runs the whole show at the office. Brad might as well be the doctor in my book...

September 18th, 2012
Best Doctor ever
Dr. Fagan best Dr. ever. He was soo great to my Mom and myself office staff is also the best ever.Love Doc and his staff.been a patient since 2002 maybe longer.

February 20th, 2012
Most knowledgeable diagnostician
Best doctor I ever had, he tells it like it is!

August 8th, 2011
Local PMD
Known him for over 14 years..To know him is to love him.Good diagnostician..Tells it like it is...If you want to be babied or get drugs when you don't need them..don't go see him. Can be a bit gruff and bedside manner could be a bit gentler.

October 25th, 2009
Although I can't say about his overall character, my first impression of him is terrible. He has a Southern chauvinistic attitue of arrogance, thinks he knows what is good for me, but still doesn't solve my problem. He promises a lot but doesn't deliver.