Chris L Faubel MD Patient Reviews

• 13 reviews

September 23rd, 2015
EMG
Very professional yet personable. Dr. Faubel did not disregard any question I had. I felt that they cared. Would recommend him to anyone!

July 8th, 2015
Great doctor with awesome staff
I was referred to Dr. Fauble after a horrible fall at work. I never had back pain and I feel sorry for people living with this pain daily. Dr. Fauble was very patient, knowledgeable, and took time to make certain I understood the nature of my injury. He was positive about getting me back to normal (pain free). I'm almost there! He treated me and for the first time in 6 mos. I was pain free. Now I'm continuing therapy to get back to my old self. I went in feeling hopeless and now I'm feeling so much better. I've never written a review about anything but, I felt a need to share this experience because this is my life. Dr. Fauble and his staff (especially Lauren) is amazing. Thank you!!

March 2nd, 2015
Leg Pain is gone
I got an appointment with Dr. Faubel within a short period of time. He examined my MRI and we discussed my Leg pain problems at length and I did not feel rushed. Dr. Faubel did two epidural steroid injection within a week of each other in lower back (L4, L5 area) of my spine. He used a imaging assist system so that he could see exactly where the needle and medication would go. Very effective. My Leg pain was much better after the first injection and almost immediately gone after the second one a week later. It has been 3 month now with no pain. I highly recommend Dr. Faubel.
Doctor's Response

Hi Elisio. Wish I could've earned that extra star from you...but I'm thrilled to hear you're doing great. :) Enjoy the Spring/Summer, now that it has finally warmed up around here (April 29th). Take care of your back while you're out there. - Chris Faubel, M.D.

January 15th, 2015
a blessing
I had been living with serious neck pain for the past several years following a minor injury. After my family physician told me that I should check with a specialist about possible serious spine damage, I consulted Dr Faubel. He was friendly and efficient yet thorough and explained his findings with me in a way that I would call 'frank' or 'direct'. I liked that. He didn't think I had been suffering anything serious and instead of expensive and time consuming tests and procedures, he suggested first a simple, short therapy of inexpensive oral drugs that worked in less than a week! That was several months ago and I've been living a normal life for the first time in years. I'm so blessed to have found him.
Doctor's Response

Carl, thanks so much for your kind review.

December 9th, 2014
Very arrogant physician
I'm 33 years old with chronic low back pain. I have been prescribed pain meds, muscle relaxers, been thru physical therapy and nothing seems to help. My Dr wanted a MRI done. After receiving the results, she could understand why I was in excruciating pain. She wanted me to see a spine specialist first before starting up any pt. I had degenerative disc disease, bulging disc's, and cysts. I thought I was finally going to get answers and maybe some relief without taking pills. I was so wrong. I saw this Dr (terrine he can say that about himself) for a total of 7 minutes. He looked at my MRI for a second and said, I see nothing wrong. You just need to exercise. I'm 33, 5'8, 150 lbs. No explanation why, no explanation of what the MRI results said, just exercise. My sister works with a very well known orthopedic office & he said to get a second opinion. Looking at my images there is something he could've done to relieve some pain. I'm on the wrong insurance policy. My time is precious as I run our business and take care of 2 girls. I wasted time with travel and the 7 minutes I saw this guy, and now need to waste more time working on locating a real educated physician for a second opinion.
Doctor's Response

I'm sorry to hear about this negative experience. Call us at 815-991-2640 (Lauren's direct line) and we'll be happy to pull up your records and go over the plan we had for you. I pride myself on spending a much longer time with my patients than most physicians; I even take the time to show patients their MRI on the computer screen. As far as insurance plans are concerned, we have always taken near every insurance plan; even Medicaid that many other practices refuse to take. We'd be happy to explain everything on the phone. Thanks.

July 31st, 2014
Fake compassion, misleading practices and passing the bucks to his friends.
Didn't listen, his "exam" was far from thorough. Felt I was a waste of his time. Didn't consider what MY priorities were about my health. Won't be back. There are Doctors in practice that don't hide behind shady marketing... Fauble isn't one of them. Pain Doctor Pffft. Scam Doctor more appropriately. Zero stars earned.
Doctor's Response

I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please call us at 815-991-2640, leave a message with Lauren (in case she's away from her desk) and we'd be happy to look at your chart and see if we can resolve any confusion, or get you the name of another specialist that may be helpful. You are correct though that I'm not a "pain doctor". We don't run a Pain Clinic here. I specialize in the Spine and treat patients non-surgically. Occasionally patients are given the wrong information when referred to us at the MOI Spine Center. Take care, Chris Faubel, M.D.

April 15th, 2014
I would recommend Dr. Faubel to anyone!
Doctor's Response

Thanks so much for the recommendation, Isaac.

August 21st, 2013
Living life again
Dr. Faubel is an amazing doctor. I was having severe back pain for some time and it was affecting my life. I couldn't play with my grandchildren and I had a hard time sleeping because of the pain. He really listened to me and gave me a thorough treatment plan. I am pain-free after his injections and the physical therapy over there is outstanding. I highly recommend Dr. Faubel. He has given me my life back. His assistant was also very friendly and answered all my questions when I left messages.

October 24th, 2012
Thank you for giving me my life back :)
I was very pleased with my whole experience and could go on for days but am limited to 1000 characters so - Staff: friendly,knowledgable,remembered me by name from the very 1st visit, welcoming/warm,efficient. Office: clean,pretty,good selection of things to look at,convenient vending machines,clean easily accessable restroom,wheelchairs in very good condition. Exam room: warm,comforting,wellstocked,clean,provided seating for companion. Procedure room: straightforward,clean, comfortable, staff very comforting and swift. Doctors:(Faubel/Abeln)OUTSTANDING!(As well as their nurses & aids!) Very gentle,kind - LISTENED to what I had to say and made me feel very comfortable. Everyone there and everything about my experience has been awesome! I can't think of one single gripe! Special thanks: Front desk/checkout/scheduling; Jan; Carroll; Nancy; Kathy; Alice; Larry Polley; Amber Ablen RNFA, ANP-BC; Dr. Chris Faubel, MD; sorry if I missed anyone, you all are FANTASTIC! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

August 29th, 2012
Excellent
Great patient care and treats you as family.

August 22nd, 2012
Medical Care
I was fortunate to get an appointment with Dr Fauble within a short period of time. I was examined and discussed my many problems with the doctor at length and I did not feel rushed. Dr Fauble did a epideral steroid injection in my cervical spine under a C-arm so that he could see exactly where the needle and medication would go. Very effective my neck and arm pain were much better almost immediatly. I would highly recommend Dr Fauble.
Doctor's Response

Dave, thanks for the kind words.

August 22nd, 2012
Excellent Medical Care
Dr Fauble saw me for shoulder pain that did not get better after 4 weeks. He was able to get me in right away, after examing me and discussing with me what options that I have for this problem, we decided on an injection and this was very painless. Dr Fauble is very knowledgeable and has a fabulous bed side manner. I would recommend Dr Fauble to friends and family members.