Dr. Christopher Stephenson MD, FACC Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 19th, 2016
Worth the Drive
Dr. Stephenson is the epitome of what every doctor should be. I had coronary artery bypass surgery over a year ago and was on several heart meds. My quality of life was poor and I kept gaining weight in spite of efforts to lose. My previous cardiologist told me I would be on these meds my entire life as a preventive. I began searching for a doctor that would listen to me and help improve my health. My search led me to Dr. Stephenson but I was reluctant in the beginning of the over two hour drive because I live in Florence, SC. I went for a tour of Pure Cardiology and to meet with Dr. Stephenson and knew immediately that it would be worth the drive. I entered his office for the first time six months ago feeling so tired and defeated. I left that day so encouraged about my health and my future. Since that first visit, Dr. Stephenson has helped me get off ALL my meds by closely monitoring me and through diet and exercise. He introduced me to a plant based diet, helped get me started on a regular exercise regiment and taught me about healthy cooking. Today I am sixty-four pounds lighter, in the best health of my life and my energy level is amazing. I am so grateful that my blood pressure and heart rate are better now than when I was on the meds. Each visit I receive prompt extensive care and monitoring, my concerns and questions are always addressed and resolved, and I always leave so encouraged. Dr. Stephenson cares about his patients and I always receive quality time and never feel rushed. My life has totally been transformed in the six months of my care by Dr. Stephenson.

March 3rd, 2016
Great patient care
Dr. Stephenson truly cares about his patients and is a great example of the way medicine should be practiced. He is available when his patients need him & teaches his patients about the healing power of healthy eating & a healthy lifestyle. He spends time with his patients, which is something that is hard to come by these days. I am thankful to have found such a great doctor!

January 28th, 2016
I am so glad we found Dr. Christopher Stephenson. He is very knowledgeable, competent, and caring. He spends time with his patients, doesn't rush them out in 10 minutes. He is willing to discuss procedures and explains the whys.

January 22nd, 2016
Great Doctor who Knows His Stuff
I recently went to see Dr. Stephenson for evaluation of of a cardiac condition. He was very thorough in his exam and the amount of time he spent with me was incredible. I spent many years working as a hospital drug rep focused on cardiology and have met thousands of physicians in various specialties, and have seen the good and bad. Dr. Stephenson is that rare combination of clinical excellence and great "bedside manner". He helped me understand my diagnosis, what to expect, and instilled a positive attitude despite my serious condition (CHF). I have been adapting my diet as he recommended and adjusted dosage of several medications. I feel world's better after only a few weeks, blood pressure is on target, blood sugar on target, and completely asymptomatic! Highly recommended.

January 21st, 2016
Awesome Dr.
I remember when I was in the hospital he came in pulled up a chair sat with me for at least 30 minutes and made sure I was alright talked to me as if he has known me forever he cares so much for his patients when god created him he created a wonderful human being I was disappointed when I learned he left Monroe and believe me I was going to find him and I did

October 2nd, 2012
Dr. Stephenson had reviewed all patient info, listened to patient questions and explained treatment thoroughly and sympathetically. Has communicated via phone/email when necessary promptly and seems to sincerely care about patient progress...he's terrific!

June 14th, 2017