Dr. Christopher Ginocchio MD Patient Reviews

• 8 reviews

November 2nd, 2016
For reference, I am a 33-year old medical student who took a leave of absence because I was having spontaneous head pressure and difficulty concentrating, which I had never previously experienced in the past. My appointment to see Dr. Ginocchio was relatively quick to see a Neurologist, I was able to schedule an appointment with him in about 2-3 weeks after a referral was sent from my PCP. Their office was courteous in scheduling an appointment with me and mailed me my new patient forms in an ample amount of time for me to complete them prior to my visit. I showed up early for my appointment and only had to wait about 15-20 minutes. Dr. Ginocchio was attentive throughout in listening to my history and understanding the chronological timeline of events. He was thorough in his physical examination and tested several cranial and spinal reflexes, as well wanting to have complete documentation by also performing a cognitive evaluation. Despite my medical literacy, he communicated to me foremost as a patient first, speaking simple enough to make sure I understood every point of his evaluation. He discussed several differential diagnoses with me but was transparent in what his professional opinion was. He was clear in what he saw was normal, as well as any abnormalities or inconsistencies seen. He also mentioned the prevalence of one of the abnormalities being seen normally in a small percentage of the population, indicating that it was not necessarily indicative of any disease. He allowed me to be present as he dictated his history and physical making sure that the history was accurate and that I had a full understanding of his medical evaluation. The amount of time he spent with me was approximately an hour and twenty minutes. My appointment with him was longer than the allotted hour and continued after the rest of the office staff had gone home for the evening, making me appreciate the thoroughness he spent in his evaluation of me. He was clear on what his medical opinion was, but he also fulfilled his medical responsibility of wanting to ascertain a definitive diagnosis by wanting to have a thorough MRI and EEG work-up. He mentioned that the results of the diagnostics would allow the pinpointing of a definitive diagnosis as well as indicating the most suitable treatment option, of which I agreed. He displayed a good balance of wanting to listen and let me speak or ask questions and him giving his opinion or ask for clarification. He told me that he would be in contact with me if he saw anything that was questionable or abnormal in my diagnostics. He also gave me a list of referrals to some Neuro Psychologists in regards to my more acute difficulty concentrating with which he was forthright in admitting was not a strength of his specialty. I appreciate Dr. Ginocchio’s cordialness, the amount of time he spent evaluating me, and transparency. I would most gladly refer him to a friend, family member, or colleague and would grade my visit with him as excellent.

October 18th, 2016
no follow through
all he does is prescribe meds --- no follow thru don't call back when message is left 6 days latter , still no call

December 18th, 2015
Lacks warmth. Clinical. Dismissive.

March 24th, 2015
Great Doc
Great Doctor! Very knowledgeable and smart. Looks outside the box. Have to wait a while for your appointment, but it's worth it because he spends much time with you. He really does everything to help you.

September 12th, 2013
very good doctor
I would like to start bt saying I was amazed by the bad reviews.this man is nothing short of amazing & without him id not be able to walk.after my first visit with him he said he thought I had myesthenia gravis,whicch was great cause I thought I had ms. he sent me directly to the lab for blood work, within days he personally called me to tell me it came back positive for antibodies,then promptly prescribed my mestinon to help my illness.that was the first day in over a year I could move freely.it was amazing.since then, he had me have a thymectomy to remove my thymus gland removed (standard procedure)for mg patients.during the time right before he gave me prenisone & had me go through ivig treatment to make sure I was strong enough to endure this surgery.dr ginnocio has never rescheduled my appts like the other reviews said.hes actually spent an hour on a visit with me to detail my diagnosis & answer my 50 questions cause I was scared.yes, it does take 7wks to get an appt, but this man is very educated & well worth the wait if you're hoping to recover from whatever illness you're suffering from. I've seen him akmsot every month since the beginning of the year, I wouldnt switch doctors for anything.my last ivig treatment actually fell onto my appt day, so dr.ginnocio actually called me & followed up over the phone to make sure.everything was going ok until my next appt.im still completely flabbergasted by other reviews because ive never experienced anything like that, for me its been great.I can walk & my double vision isnt reoccuring thanks to the doctor & treatment plan. A+++

August 23rd, 2012
Yuck.
After waiting almost 4 months for this appointment (they cancelled the 7 week one and rescheduled another 7 weeks out) he was an incredibly condescending jerk and made comments about my socio-economic status that made my mouth drop.

June 8th, 2012
I have had epilepsy for 30+ years, verified by several abnormal EEGs, and by other neurologists in other states. Although I gave Dr. Ginocchio my medical records, he apparently did not review them. After meeting with me a couple times, he told me that he did not believe that I actually had epilepsy and that if I would have an EEG, it would probably be normal. He basically told me that I was imagining things; but still kept trying to up my dose of medication. For these reasons, I decided to find another neurologist. Unless you are happy with Dr. Ginocchio, I suggest anyone reading this also try to find someone else.

September 9th, 2011
Impatient
he was borderline rude and seemed to be annoyed with having to see me. he pretty much called me a faker. he was impatient during my procedures and at times seemed to deliberately cause me pain. I was glad to get out of there and would never recommend him to anyone. His bedside manner needs a lot of work. No compassion.