Dr. Christopher Hamill MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

July 11th, 2016
Dr. Hamill has performed surgery on me twice. I found him to be caring and his staff that work with him also very caring and compassionate. I would not hesitate to go to him should I need him in the future.

October 31st, 2015
Excellent outcome
I was referred to Dr. Hamill after epidural injections and physical therapy did not give me relief of L leg neuropathy and pain. My first encounter was with Kristin, a PA, who answered all of my questions. I them met Dr. Hamill who reviewed the questions and answers. I was apprehensive about having surgery on my back, and the initial days after surgery were anything but pain free. But now, almost 6 months post op, I have none of the leg pain I had, am sleeping better, and feel that I could not have asked for a better outcome. Good results trump most of the expectations on the above list; but I am pleased that personalities were supportive and surgery was successful. Thanks Dr. Hamill.

April 13th, 2015
Decent surgeon but if you want to be treated like dirt this is the place to go. Extremely rude!

December 18th, 2014
Entire facility was rude
I was referred by my Dr to see Christopher Hamill and the nurse never even took the paperwork questionnaire they sent me out of the envelope. She stated she already had the info and when I asked howcI just brought it in and no one has even taken it she ignored me. Then some student Dr came In had me walk 10ft and then Dr Hamill came in and said (mind you he did not exam me at all) who sent me and he didn't know why they sent me to him cause he has not done back surgery in 5 years and He got up to leave and I said you have no advice for me cause I need to get back to work he said "they cone out with new remedies all the time maybe on 4-5 years they have something for you" and he left. Him and his staff had the rudest bedside manor I have ever experienced (I worked in healthcare for over 20years). If you want a real Dr not a student dictating to a Dr then I advise you do not go to this Dr

December 10th, 2013
Absolutly horrible! My appt was for 9am. An hour and half later i am still being ignored.

August 17th, 2013
patient
great Dr.,awesome experience i have no pain.Office is so professional,on time and accurate.The best part is after the great job dr hamill did with the surgery is I am pain free!!Dr Hamill took the time to speak with my son over the phone before surgery and after the surgery in the hospital with my daughter,wonderful,gifted man.

August 7th, 2013
Two thumbs down
I waited for a long time in the waiting room, then again in the exam room. I spoke to the P.A., then finally Dr. Hamill came in. He was cold, disinterested, and spent about two minutes with me. After looking at the MRI he told me I have some arthritis but he could not help me with the pain, I would have to go to a physiatrist for that. He was annoyed with the few questions I asked. That's it, he left. The P.A. looked embarrassed.

August 5th, 2013
TLIF
I had a Tlif done by Dr.Hamill approximately 8 months ago. My life was unbearable. Was in so much pain for so many years. I called Dr.Hamill's office because my neighbor had a major spine deformity that Dr.Hamill had fixed a couple years back and had nothing but great things to say about Dr.Hamill and his staff. Dr. Hamill explained my diagnosis, explained the surgery and made me feel very at ease. I scheduled and had the surgery 1 month later. Now 8 months later I wonder everyday why I didnt have this done sooner! I feel wonderful and so thankful for Dr. Hamill. I would highly recommend this Dr.to anyone looking for a great spine surgeon.

June 14th, 2013
HORRIBLE bedside manners
I was evaluated for possible surgery and the last teat qwas for osteoporosis.When it turned out that I have it in my hips DR> Hamill came in the room without greeting told me and my husband that I can not have the surgery and before I could say anything he left the room.Why would a person like this go into medicine?

January 4th, 2012
David
Dr. Hamill performed a TLIF procedure on my L5 S1 due to a herniated disk/bulging disk problem. I had a lot of pain every day for 13 years until I decided to have surgery performed. Dr. Hamill suggested a TLIF. I had the surgery one year ago. I have not had any pain in my lower back since the operation. Great job Dr. Hamill! I feel wonderful and I can do my daily activities again. I am 48 years old.

June 20th, 2011
Surgery Patient
I recently had a discectomy done by Dr.Hamill. I feel great! The staff was wonderful from the moment I called the office to my first post operative appoinment. He explained the procedure very well and listened to all my concerns. Overall an excellent experience and would highly recommend.

August 8th, 2010
Thankfully no operation was required but problem area does continual to offer low level daily pain. It is expected to improve with physical therapy.Will not promote surgery unless he is convinced it is absolutely necessary.