Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Knee Pain  |  show details
by J.M on Oct 8th, 2014

I was refered to Dr. Holzaepfel becuase I had a cyst in my knee rupture. I explained to him how I cannot perforam any kind of activites without sever knee swelling. He took X-rays and sent me on my way. When I asked what the problem was he said everything looked great. I explained I had seen a Rheumatologist and while my RA test was negative my protein was high so she wanted to try Plaquinol. He said I didn't need it. I asked if maybe I had flat feet. He told me to stand up looked at me for 2 sec and said nope you don't have that. I asked him what was the problem then. He said you are getting older and need to take it easy. I am 34 yrs old and cant walk around the zoo with my kids without having swelling for days. Just a year ago I could play basketball a few times a week and now I can't walk? This is not normal. Thnaks for absolutely nothing.

|  Stay Away  |  show details
by diane on Dec 5th, 2013

I was seen in the ER Room at St Ann's My Dr was Dr Holzaepfel I told him over and over again how I hurt. I couldnt stand the pain after the ankle surgery. I remember coming home from the hospital and my gauze from the stiches was full of blood and dried blood. I had only an ankle boot on and should of had a cast..It was the worst experience I have ever had. I couldnt do anything and I had to crawl around my house because I couldnt stand on my foot. I couldnt stand the pain any longer and I had to go to Ohio State University to have another surgery. I remember how now it feels so much better ..going to OSU.

|  show details
Aug 7th, 2011

WONDERFUL DOCTOR AND STAFF. WAS SENT TO DR. ON EMERGENCY BASIS AND HAVE RETURNED BECAUSE OF COMPETENCY OF DR. AND STAFF TO TREAT ME AND MY FAMILY.