Dr. Christopher Houdek DO Patient Reviews

3.4

no change

March 5th, 2017
Botched total knee.
Three years ago I was dropped by Benjamin because I am a Medicare patient. He was to do my total knee replacement. I was assigned to the new guy in the group, Dr. Houdek. I was concerned but trusted that the group had hired a competent surgeon to take on Benjamin's patients. These docs have a great reputation. First problem that arose immediately after surgery was my drug protocol. Hospital staff was instructed to give me pain meds at certain times, not when I needed it. That changed after a hellacious night after the nerve block wore off. Three years later, my knee is still a problem. Houdek took no responsibility and implied that I needed to lose weight. Another doc in the group is handling me now after a hip replacement. I am just finding out that the surgery was indeed flawed. Houdek never showed me an x-ray of my off kilter patella. It is also assumed that my ligaments are too loose because the space between bones is too narrow. Considering what one has to endure for this surgery, I am very unhappy about the result. At some point it looks like this will have to be revised. I am comparing this result with a uni I had 16 years ago, as well as two hip replacements, and thumb joint ligament replacement. I also know a few people who have no problems after three years.

March 2nd, 2017
Youth is wasted on the young
It amazes me the level of arrogance a few physicians reach. Because this osteopath has good surgical skills, you can almost forgive his abruptness. Perhaps as he matures, he will realize that "First, do no harm" extends to compassion as well. I have had many specialists, and none of them had the Roman letters G-O-D.

May 1st, 2016
Caring doctor who listens to patient's concerns. Willing to speak to family members no matter where they are in world. Shows compassion to senior citizens.