Dr. Christopher Hubbard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 6th, 2016
Constant pain after surgery
I had surgery with Dr Hubbard and afterwards I was still having the same issue. I had numerous visits with him and he really didn't care that I was having pain. He didn't answer any questions and didn't offer any explanation for the pain, and didn't propose any further treatment for the pain. He just refused to keep seeing me. When I went to another surgeon, I learned that Dr. Hubbard completely misdiagnosed me and the surgery he chose to do was not going to solve my foot problem. Nothing can be done to fix it. Don't repeat my mistake!

April 14th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon With a Very Down to Earth Personility
I had a bad case of over corrected bunion. I was told that Dr. Hubbard was the person to see if I wanted the best. I went to see him and he was indeed the one of the most knowledgeable and attentive physician that I have ever encountered. He laid out all the pros and cons of the kind of surgery I would need to fuse my big toe in order for it to stop moving away from the other toes and reduce some of the constant pain. He did a great job and I am now able to walk around without having to bind up my toes each day. I have and would gladly recommend him to anyone having foot problem and is looking for a very gently yet exception surgeon. My husband also had some foot surgery done by Dr. Hubbard, and he was so happy with him and the outcome that he now tells anyone who needs help in this area to go first to see Dr. Hubbard.

February 2nd, 2015
Ankle surgery
Dr. Hubbard reconstructed my ankle and as an 18 year old athlete playing college baseball I am very pleased with the outcome. I had to have a plate and 8 screws put in my ankle, two screws were later removed (as part of the original plan). Both surgeries went great, Dr. Hubbard was very cool and he did a great job- and I have fully recovered. Besides having had to miss a season of baseball during the recovery, I can honestly say I have full range of motion back and my ankle is strong as ever. I would 100% recommend Dr. Hubbard to any of my teammates or friends if they ever needed ankle surgery.

August 31st, 2014
Excellent
Dr. Hubbard is excellent, very professional, knowledgeable and skilled. His staff is also excellent. He listens to the concerns and explains so that the patient understands. After dealing with many doctors in NYC following a leg fracture, I am really happy and grateful that he helped me get back on my feet.

October 23rd, 2013
Pain free!
Two doctors diagnosed my problem prior to seeing Dr. Hubbard. They both recommended a "bone stimulator" which was not covered by insurance and I was told it would treat the problem but not make it permanently better. Dr. Hubbard cut to the chase and told me surgery was an only option in the long-run. I am free of pain for the first time in two years thanks to the surgery performed by Dr.Hubbard

July 17th, 2013
Great Dr
Dr Hubbard is a fantastic surgeon. My experience with him has been great. He's smart, and he's a super sweet Dr. He fixed my foot, and I am very thankful and happy with the results. His PA assistant is also great. I would highly recommend anyone to have Dr Hubbard as their surgeon.

April 2nd, 2013
Great Dr.
I'd like to preface this review by saying that I had one office visit which led to foot surgery. Dr. Hubbard was recommended to me by my PCP. I Would definitely recommend this doctor. He is a great surgeon and really knows his work. I understand some of the comments people have made about his bedside manner. I think he's not the most engaging doctor i've ever met, but i'd rather have a doctor thinking about his work than making conversation with his patients. He's certainly not rude. He has been easy to reach for questions and very helpful with information. I've had minimal contact with his staff, but the office seems to run efficiently. A great doctor overall.

September 26th, 2012
Great Surgeon
Saw a lot of different Foot and Ankle doctors in NYC, and he spent the most time with me explaining my options. I am an avid athlete and have had a great surgical result. Would recommend Dr Hubbard to anyone with ankle problem!

April 11th, 2012
Excellent surgeon....but that's all.
There is no doubt that he is one of the best ortho-f&a surgeons, both in diagnoses and surgery. However I really didn't like him as a person at all. A machine has better bed-side manner that this cold man. His office staff as well is fairly incompetent, except for Joy, who retired. If you have a serious f&a issue, definitley see Dr. Hubbard, but dont expect anything more than an academic shell of a person.

November 18th, 2011
Excellent doctor. Explained his diagnosis in a calm, unhurried manner. Answered all my questions fully. Recommend him highly.

October 17th, 2011
Dr's Great - Staff Dismal
Dr Hubbard knows his stuff, he really fixed my ankle up and I felt confident in his knowledge. I would recommend him. His assistant doctors and x-ray technicians were also kind, friendly funny, knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around.However his staff are incompetent, rude and even mean. They made my injury much more traumatic by messing up every piece of paper they touched, they were rude on the phone, I saw them tell off another patient in the waiting room, they made me cry a few times by adding aggravation and stress to every single interaction we had. Its bad enough to be in physical pain and in need of help, they couldn't have made the process harder if they tried. Every bill went to the wrong place, scheduling was a nightmare, things that would have been covered weren't because the paperwork was done wrong, the insurance was baffled at their lack of knowledge of their jobs (that is when they were even calling the correct insurance company) Because I liked the Dr I endured getting yelled at by his secretaries, but not sure it was worth it.

April 12th, 2010
Great Doctor and staff
I had a great experience dealing with Dr. Hubbard and his staff. The office manager is probably the kindest office manager I ever had to deal with. Always helpful and very understanding! Dr. Hubbard is very professional and performed a surgery on my foot. He gave me a follow up call the next day (Saturday). And even though on the follow up appointments I was seen by a resident doctor (which is understandable there was nothing major to do except changing the cast) he would always deliver the important information himself.