Dr. Christopher Huntington Is this you?

Posted on October 15th, 2014

I WAS A PATIENT OF DR. CHRIS FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS. HE DID MY DISC NECK FUSION IN 2007, AND DID A WONDERFUL JOB. I CAME OUT OF THAT SURGERY NOT FEELING ONE DAM THING, AND IT WAS NOT BECAUSE OF MEDS BECAUSE I AM ALLERGIC TO ALL OPIADS. DR CHRIS WAS A VERY GENTLE MAN, A VERY SMART MAN AND I CANNOT IMAGINE THAT HE WAS OVER PRESCRIBING FOR ANYONE!!! PEOPLE WILL LIE TO THEIR DR (WHO ULTIMATELY BELIEVES THEM AND DID NOT WANT ANY OF HIS PATIENTS IN ANY PAIN AT ANY TIME ) AND IF YOU KNEW HIM...YOU KNEW THAT ABOUT HIM..BUT PEOPLE WILL USE THE GOODNESS OF ANYONE EVEN THEIR DR TO GET WHAT THEY THINK THEY NEED. AND WHO IS THE ONE WHO ENDS UP BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE?? NOT THE STUPID COMMON PERSON THAT LIED TO GET MORE DRUGS...OR THE PERSON WHO LET THEMSELVES GET HOOKED ON PRESCRIPTION DRUGS. AND NOW BECAUSE OF A NON SENSE SNOW BALL EFFECT...WE HAVE LOST A WONDERFUL DR !!!! WE HAVE LOST A MAN WHO MADE A DIFFERENCE IN SO MANY LIVES. DO YOU PEOPLE THINK DR CHRIS PUT HIMSELF THRU ALL THOSE YEARS OF DOCTORATE SCHOOL AND GETTING ALL HIS LICENSES TO SCREW UP ANYONE'S LIFE ??? NOT EVERYONE COMES OUT OF SURGERY 100%, OR 90% ..THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT WAS HIS FAULT !!! SOMETIMES YOUR BODY SAYS ...NO...EVEN WHEN YOU THINK SURGERY IS THE WAY TO GO..AND YOU YOURSELF SIGN INTO SURGERY..THAT IS NOT HIS FAULT EITHER. DOCTORS ARE NOT MIRACLE WORKERS (EXCEPT DR CHRIS WAS) SOOO THANK YOU TO ALL WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT HIM...THANK YOU TO THE JUDGES AND LAWYERS AND COURT ROOMS WHO THINK DRS SHOULD PERFORM MIRACLES...AND FOR RUINING A MAN WHO WAS TRYING TO DO JUST THAT...

another thought

Posted on November 25th, 2013

ILOVED DR H, THE TRUTH IS ALL OF US WENT TO HIM BECAUSE WE ARE BROKEN IN SOME WAY. HIS GOAL UP FRONT WAS TO STABLIZE MY BACK TO HELP ME COPE WITH LIFE WITH THE CARDS I WAS DELT....... AND ITS ALL FOR A PERCENTAGE OF TIME. THATS IT. DR H DID NOT BREAK YOU, YOU WENT TO HIM ALREADY BROKE. HE TRIED TO HELP EVERYONE AND TOOK ON SOME EXTREME CASES THAT HAD LITTLE TO NO CHANCE FOR REAL CHANGE. BUT HE ALWAYS TRIED TO HELP. I SAW HIM FOR 12 YEARS 2 BACK REPAIRS 4 LEVELS. HE GAVE ME SOME LIFE AND I LIVED IT I AM STILL BROKE BUT HE GAVE A CHANCE TO BE A HUSBAND AND FATHER A LITTLE BETTER. HE NEVER PUSHED THE MEDS TO HARD.. BUT WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU TAKE ON A NEW PATIENT THAT IS ON HUGE DOSES OF MEDS AND NEEDS SURGURY ASAP. ITS A NO WIN. HE DID THIS ALL THE TIME. OR YOU BECOME JUST ANOTHER DOCTOR WHO GIVES UP ON YOU . HE COULD NEVER DO IT ( I LEFT DR H OFFICE 2 YRS BEFORE HE PASSED BECAUSE OF HIS OFFICE STAFF.. HAS ANYONE CONSIDERED THEY MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED. THAT IS WHY I LEFT THE BEST NICEST DOCTOR I EVER HAD. THE STAFF HAD THE SCRIPS SO SCREWED UP IT WAS INCREDABLE. I AM SURE SOME LOW LIFE WAS ALTERING SCRIPTS AS WELL. BUT HOW ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK ALL THOSE EXTAS ARE THE STILL AROUND. DR H I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU I CAME TO YOU HURT REAL BAD AND YOU EXTENDED MY QUALITY OF LIFE SO MUCH. MORE WITH YOUR HANDS AND YOUR WORDS. I ALWAYS LEFT FEELING BETTER AND NOT ALWAYS WITH A SCRIPT, (IF YOU HAVE NEVER HAD MAJOR CHRONIC PAIN PLEASE JUST READ AND FEEL FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DO AND PREY FOR MORE DOCTORS IN THE FUTURE TO HAVE A HEART AS BIG AS DR H.) AND FOR THE PEOPLE WHO STILL HURT SEEK SOMETHING ELSE ,SOMEWHRE ELSE. ANYTHING JUST DONT GET STUCK BLAMING DR H MOST OF US WENT TO HIM ALREADY BROKE IN THE FIRST PLACE. TO A FAULT HE ALWAYS TRIED TO HELP. ALSO AUDRIE I MISS YOU TO ( BURNS AND PTSD)

Needsadoctor

Posted on July 10th, 2013

I only saw Dr Huntington twice for my workers comp case. Once for the initial visit where I got my medical narrative done, and again after I won the case. My lawyer had referred me to him. Now I'm stuck with a non-communicative attorney and no orthopedist and I don't know what to do...Does anyone know of any orthopedists with 100 miles that accept federal (postal) wc? The closest I can find is in NYC. That and I keep reading that non local doctors will take his patients. I never got any prescriptions from the guy, I don't know the whole story behind what happened, but the times that I saw him I thought he seems like a nice guy...I feel so bad for his kids.

A better idea

Posted on May 24th, 2013

Hi everyone. I'm in the same boat as everyone here, and in chronic pain. However, I want Dr. Huntington to rest in peace. HOW ABOUT a class action lawsuit against the Dept. of Health, seeing how they are the ones who notified every doctor in Rhode Island not to take Dr. Huntington's patients, and now we can't get treatment!! I'd like to know your thoughts.

Drop it

Posted on May 22nd, 2013

Please people are Dr Huntington past away no matter how he past just leave him alone and let him rest in peace now you all had nothing to say when you were going to him now it all changes I've had a lot of operations and in pain and can't find help I'm just doing my best so leave him alone

Lawyer I'm in

Posted on May 11th, 2013

I will call the lawyers office I've had 7 back oper there are so many of us all jammed up can barly walk it just sucks get the lawyer going then repost to let people now ok thanks time for us to stand together

helping each other

Posted on May 2nd, 2013

As of right now I will be setting up a Facebook page for all of us to get together and exchange info, stories and most of all SUPPORT FOR EACH OTHER BECAUSE WE ARE TRULY ALONE WITH OUR TREATMENT AS DRUG ADDICTS. NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE LOVED DR.HUNTINGTON AND CHERISHED HIS COMPASSION WE KNOW HE WAS NOT VERY GOOD AT HIS JOB AS A SURGEON BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY OF US WHO ARE PHYSICALLY DESTROYED BECAUSE WE TRUSTED AND HOPED WITH EVERY SURGERY THAT THIS TIME IT WOULD TURN OUT RIGHT. HE WAS COMPASSIONATE ENOUGH TO MEDICATE US BECAUSE IN HIS HEART SOME OF US AND OUR OPERATIONS DIDN'T TURN OUT TO BE WHT THEY WERE INTENDED TO BE. WITH THAT AS A FACT

where do we go now

Posted on April 23rd, 2013

I have been Dr. shopping because no one whats to touch me with a ten foot pole. I am considered one of Dr. Huntingtons druggies . Where do we go from here is there any Dr.s that respect us out there ? Three failed operations and no meds for relief they all say we are over medicated. Walk in my shoes BTW I cant even walk in my shoes. Please post a name of a Dr. we can see to be treated and medicated properly.

D.O.H. WANTS IS TO GO GET METHADONE AND STAND IN LINE WITH HERION ADDICTS EVERY MORNING !

Posted on March 26th, 2013

YES WE ARE TREATED LIKE HIS JUNKIES ! ( that was proven today when a Dr. said how bad he felt about Dr.H but made it clear he didn't believe one word I said) NO ONE WANTS TO TOUCH US WE ARE ALL BUNCHED TOGETHER BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE D.O.H.( read carefully what the DOH put on their site about us and what we should do about withdrawals am I a junkie to them? I am certainly not a PATIENT WITH REAL PAIN !) WE ARE TREATED LIKE WE ALL WALKED IN HIS OFFICE ONE DAY AND SAID HEY CAN WE HAVE SOME DRUGS? HECK NO ! WE HAD REAL PROBLEMS AND WERE TREATED LIKE PEOPLE WITH REAL MEDICAL PROBLEMS, LIKE WE MATTERED THAT OUR PAIN MEANT SOMETHING TO HIM ! JUST THE CALL THAT WE RECEIVED FROM HIS NEW OFFICE WAS DISRESPECTFUL THE SAID>>>>>WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY OF DR. HUNTINGTONS PATIENTS ! GUESS THEY THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN HIM AND PROVED IT QUITE QUICKLY!

Upset

Posted on March 22nd, 2013

Well we can pick up are records now and it's cost $15 to get them this is just. A Rhode Island bull must be a friend or family member of d.o.h passing out the records we can get a Dr not even your trusted family Dr won't help us go to the ER now they won't you to call rehab places were not junkies were patients with medical problems We lost the most caring person I've come across in many years and D.O.H took him away my you rest in peace Chris an guide us into caring hands thanks

Rest In Peace my Dear Friend........

Posted on March 22nd, 2013

There are no proper words to describe this great, extremely intelligent and brilliant surgeon. Only those who he treated know exactly what kind of man Dr. Huntington was and I've never met a doctor who took the time with me, had a huge "ear", and in a very short time after first meeting him in 1998, became my dear "friend". I don't have many friends but this gentle and kind man was on top of my list for 15 years, through 6 operations - 5 of which were serious - and I've never met a doctor who genuinely CARED about his patients. I adored his staff; I was his patient when his daughter was born and watched him beam with pride when he'd show me her picture. Over the years I watched her grow into a young lady..........one who has lost a FANTASTIC DAD. There are no adequate words for the huge loss his patients, friends, staff, and children are feeling. Dr. Huntington has left a huge void with everyone he touched and worked with. I am so very *privileged* to have known him, trusted him with my life, and shall miss him very, very much. Rest In Peace, my dear friend........I think of you every day and shall miss and remember you always.

Now what???

Posted on March 21st, 2013

Thanks Dr. Hunt. for all them years of service and treatment.. as its terrible now RI Dr's wont accept "us" as patients of yours having a terrible time..going to ER as directed by my own PRIMARY (terrible) good Dr's get bad names unforunetly and now patients suffer. This is the healtcare system, people who have abused prescriptions have denied THE REAL PATIENTS WHO NEED IT NOT CANT GET.