Dr. Christopher Baker MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

August 15th, 2017
Still wouldn't see him if he is the only doctor
I saw Dr. Baker with my wife and it was the worst mistake I ever made. I suffered a traumatic injury over 10 years ago that has left me with a severe disability, nerve damage and chronic pain that has spread through various parts of my body. I came to him to get a 2nd opinion and right away he was talking about surgery. He wanted me to see a doctor, to conduct a test, that I had previously seen and didn't feel comfortable going back to. I asked if I can see someone else for this test. At no time did he try to understand why I felt this way. Instead, I was told it doesn't matter what I want and I am not taking the injury serious and that I don't care to resolve it. I have had 8 surgeries, 4 years of physical therapy, 15 to 20 shots in the front of my neck, chronic pain in my limbs and numerous medications that have taken a toll on my body. Explain how this is not taking the issue seriously. I think it should be said that Dr. Chris Baker doesn't take the patient seriously and listens to what they are saying. For him to question and belittle me says a lot about the quality of the doctor and person he is. Avoid him at all cost.

June 7th, 2017
Professional
My husband has been struggling with lower back pain for 2.5 years in the military and they did every possible thing they could (aside from surgery) before medically retiring him. With that being said, Being a veteran dealing with the VA is a nightmare and living with this pain for this long is unacceptable. So we were referred to Dr. Baker and seeing his MRI and his chart notes from the DOD Dr's he agreed he is a candidate for surgery. Which is a relief to our family because being on pain killers for this long is not good on his body not to mention other doctors continued to dismiss my husband case because they failed to look at the notes and see he has already tired PT, Chiropractic, Injections, Acupuncture, Burning of the Nerves to no avail. It is nice to see a Dr. out there who are willing to help people who truly need it. I will be posting an additional review after the surgery

May 12th, 2017
Micro-discectomy
When life was darkest for me, Dr. Baker gave me something (the medical proffering) and someone (Dr. Baker and his medical team) to believe in. For this I shall be eternally grateful. Thank you for giving me my life back!

February 19th, 2016
They don't call them surgeon for nothing
I was referred to Dr. Baker and saw him today for multiple herniated disc in my back. The PA spent maybe 5 mins with be checking reflexes and such. The doctor came in and said I need a three level fussion in my lower back. He took me to another room to look at my MRI. He then asked me to go back to the original room I was in and he would be right in. Well he never came back. A MA came and said "all done" I will take you to check out. I told her I have a lot of questions and would like to speak to the doctor. I was told they could answer any questions at checkout. I replied that I wanted to ask about the surgery because it is a major procedure and that I wanted to speak with the Dr. Or the PA. I was told they were already with other patients. This place is a cutting factory. I will not debate that I need surgery, but I expect that you will spend some time with me and answer my questions. No discussion of other options, therapy, pain managment, or less severe surgery. Also, when my primary care doctor referred me I was told Dr. Bakers office would call within a week to schedule an appointment. After almost two weeks passed I called and they said they did not get a copy of my insurance card. Ok, maybe you did, maybe you didn't (my primary care says they sent it, but will give benifit of the doubt), but maybe, just maybe you might let someone know.... If I hadn't called I would still be waiting for an appointment Needless to say, I will find someone else.

January 2nd, 2016
UNSATISFACTORY
This Doctor severely lacked patience and ability to communicate pleasantly with a Patient seeking his advice about possible Surgery.. And, His Staff!?!? I would have felt more comfortable around a Pack of Wild Pit Bulls! When you leave the Office, there's a feeling you didn't leave fast enough!! Skip this One and look for Minimally Invasive Drs in Altamonte Springs with more Professional Training and Staff. After all, It's Your Spine On the Line.

December 1st, 2015
Great Dr. if you can navigate the defensive end.
I was seen in the ER 4 days ago, less than 2 months post surgical, and was referred back to Dr. Baker, called to make an appointment for follow up. I was promptly told by someone I am assuming was a Dr. based on her advice and assumed knowledge of my case, before given the opportunity to explain the dynamic of the ER visit. I was told and had it "explained" to me that I would need to start the referral protocol from my GP all over again, even though I am an existing patient and the symptoms that sent me to the ER are also related to the spinal issues I had surgery for 2 months ago. I would recommend Dr. Baker in a heart beat, his staff however leaves a lot to be desired as far as courtesy, empathy, respect and patient care are concerned. You will have to run and navigate his very rude and defensive office staff, scheduler and other auxiliary staff such as nursing assistants. God forbid you need to be seen for follow up care after your post surgical follow up care is considered complete.

June 2nd, 2015
Mrs
I recently had a fusion with Dr Baker I have been having problems for a long time I had a MRI and a Cat scan he knew immediately what was wrong and within 3 weeks he fixed it. He was very professional, and I would highly recommend him. Fla Hospital was the best we live over 25 miles away but they are now my Hospital of choice

March 30th, 2013
Dr Baker inapproiate behavior
Dr Baker asked me several times if I was crazy and then told me about another Dr's wife he just did surgery on and said she is crazy because she is in pain. He made fun of her. He made inappropriate remarks, one being of a sexual nature. He was very flip. I would not recommend him to anyone and I am not going back to see him. I will follow up with another Dr.

March 19th, 2013
slice dice philosphy BEWARE its your health
Was toldI I need surgery asap or I might become paralyzed if I injured my self. There was no therapy recommended, no nerve medication suggested and no pain management recommended. Went to USF health center and Neosurgeon told me exactly what Dr Bakers PA told me. USF surgeon said surgery should be a last resort. Plus having a stent in my heart and being on Plavix would create a higher risk at this time for major surgery. USF Dr. put me on nerve medication, therapy, and set up a pain managing program. He also said I was 5 to 10 years out from possible surgery. USF surgeon said he would put in his report that DR Bakers should not be recommended. And was sending a copy to DR Baker and my family Doctor.

November 24th, 2012
A wonderful doctor who fills me with confidence in him
Dr. Baker can be a little flip, but I think it's because of his acute sense of humor.He does not recommend surgery unless it is absolutely essential.I feel so lucky to have been recommended to him by my ARNP. Dr Baker did gamma knife surgery on my brain tumor several years ago and I have no problems or re-occurrence since then.

November 2nd, 2011
I would highly recommend Dr. Baker for all the criteria listed above. Our experience with him was one of the best especially considering the very serious nature of back surgery.

November 10th, 2010
Surgeon Of The Century
I had a triple fusion by Dr.Baker in 2000. My backs been fine ever since. My back gets soar in cold weather but that happens with any major surgery. Dr.Baker was a total pro and kept me and my family informed every step of the way. Nobody but this Dr. will ever operate on me. When you find an excellent Dr. you stick with them. You found one. Highly recommended!