Dr. Christopher Brown MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

April 11th, 2013
GREAT RESULTS
So glad I met with Dr. Brown and took his expert advice on alternatives to surgery. I had a great experience and would highly recommend him.

September 19th, 2012
Great Experience
I had a great experience with both Dr. Brown and his office staff!

June 17th, 2012
He was great with my child!

October 22nd, 2010
2 hour wait for this doctor. He spent less than 2 minutes with me. He misdiagnosed my problem

July 19th, 2010
at age 48, I went to see dr brown because of terrible leg pain, that prevented me from sleeping, getting in and out of my car, etc.- from thinking, evenI walked like i was 148, as opposed to 48the pain came on suddenly, after returning from an overseas tripdr brown met with me, took x-rays, etc.his conclusion- i had terrible arthritis- the main, underlying condition was congenital (my hip joints and sockets were ill-fitting, like the parts were mixed up at an assembly plant), but it had reached a critical point, thru normal wear and tear, etc.- he was amazed no one had caught it to date(the only hint: my mom wondered why it took me so long to walk, as an infant. "This is why," dr brown said. "They routinely test for such conditions, these days, but not back then. At least not as routinely.")- he was amazed i could even get around, as well as i could- he said that while the x-rays warranted immediate full, bilateral hip replacement, if i could wait, if it wasn't too painful, given how improvements, etc. are coming down the pike almost every day, it might make sense for me to wait, until it was "clear" and "unavoidable" that i "needed" to go under the knife- he said "you'll know when it's time to pull the trigger"- dr brown not only welcomed, but also encouraged me to get a second opinionin addition to doing tons of research (the internet), I got 4 "second opinions"** having had a terrible experience with eye surgery, i intended to leave no stone unturnedfirst, i saw my mom's orthopedic surgeon, in DC(she, at age 80, had one hip replaced by a doc in DC)I suppose that every doc has their own particular way of looking at the same set of facts- same as lawyers (like me)each of the first 3 "second opinion" docs i checked with said slightly different things...my fourth and final "second opinion" was from the head of orthopedics at johns hopkins hospital, frank frassica (also a prof at the med school), in baltimore- dr frassica looked over my x-rays, reviewed dr brown's report, and saw me, concluding: "I agree 100% with dr brown, and wouldn't change one iota of his diagnosis, prognosis, or recommended course of treatment"i went on to get both hips replaced, one week separating the surgeries (recommended for me. as i understand it, a "true 'bilateral hip replacement'" involves both being done, right after the other)my recovery was fastrehab went like clockworksince the surgery, i've been moving better (range, mobility, etc.) than i ever have--even as a kid- pilates, spin, stuff i could never do, pre-surgery(ies)i HIGHLY recommend dr brownhis expertise has changed my lifei'm deeply indebted to him

July 10th, 2010
great orthopaedic surgeon
Dr. Brown has treated several members of our family over a number of years; from broken bones, a hip replacement, to multiple knee surgeries. For the knee condition, we sought a second opinion by a renowned knee specialist in Colorado - who concluded that Dr. Brown's treatment over the years had been right on target. He also helped us manage a difficult nerve condition in a young athlete (who was seen by many doctors proposing radical surgeries for treatment). Dr. Brown advised a program of therapy which corrected the problem without the trauma of surgery. We have highly recommended him to friends and neighbors, with everyone being satisfied with their experience.

March 6th, 2010
knee redone.
I had my first surgery by the world reknown knee specialist in Northern Virginia and after a failed surgery, that surgeon would not see me at all.I came to Dr. Brown not because of personality but his no non-sense approach to fixing my knee.He redid my failed knee and within 2-3 weeks afterwards, I was painfree.I do have to agree with the previous patient that he is a man of very few words, however.

February 11th, 2010
Dr. Brown sutured through a nerve during my surgery resulting in paralysis, 2 more surgeries to correct his mistakes (elsewhere thank goodness) and a permanent disability.

April 21st, 2009
PLEASE read!
My intentions with my review of this doctor is souly to reach out to any other patient with similiar needs as I had, letting them know what I went through with him, his staff and his lack of bedside manner all together.Dr. Brown is a man of few words, which was a red flag for me and my fiance to begin with. He ordered me to have an MRI, so I did so with no hesitation, even though I had to pay out of pocket for the test. When I had my follow-up appointment with him the next week after my MRI, he came into the room and needed my fiance and I to remind him of WHY he was seeing me in the first place. After, he then looked in my chart and told me that the only option or way for me to go with this was to have orthascopic surgery done. Just as soon as he informed us of this, he was out the door and on his way to his next patient.Then, his PA came in, and that is when my fiance and I voiced our opinions on having the surgery. I told him I wanted to explore another option before going under anesteshia for this, and thats when his PA told us I could do Physical Therapy and continue with my medication for the next 6-8 weeks. The prescription they gave to me was a 6-7 day supply, so we asked on how we got refills for this medicine. The PA told us just to cal the following week, and he would refill them for me personally, and if not, he was going to put it in my chart that this was his course of action for me. To no avail, I called the hospital the very same day and asked why my MRI report stated my MRI was incomplete, like Dr. Brown had told us it had said. I spoke with the Radiologist that composed the Report, and he told me it didn't say that at all.I called Dr. Brown's office today, as instructed by the PA last week for a refill, and I was told by Brown's assistant that he refused to help me with medicine, because I wouldn't get the surgery done, and instead, I had opted for the suggestion his PA gave to both my fiance and myself the week prior.Over all, what I'm trying to get at is this... I was a patient of this doctor and he didn't help me one bit. Instead, I felt as though I was being misinformed by two different people, that being him and his PA. I'm still in a lot of pain, and have been waiting on Physical Therapy now for a week. This is not by my hand. They told me the PT dept. in their office was so slammed that theywouldnt be able to fit me in for another 2-3 weeks. After speaking with his assistant twice today, and the medical coordinator once at the end of the day telling her of my complaints and concern, I've come to the conclusion that it would be within my best interest to seek further medical assistance from another orthopedic doctor who will not label me as some sort of narcotic seeker just because I'm in dyer need of pain medicine due to lack of mobility at this time. Thank you, and I hope this has helped in some fashion for others.