Dr. Christopher Carlson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 6th, 2011
Only Wants to See Sports Medicine Clients
Seeing that your desirable clientele our Sport's Medicine Clients, I do not know why you choose to list yourself in the general medicine catagory as it is rather misleading to patients. You are almost squeemish when you have examined me in the past and a couple of my friends I referred into you felt the same way. You also treat your thinner clients much nicer than your heavier ones which is not a pleasant experience.That is why I feel you need to just label your practice as Sports and Medicine only and therefore a bunch of the so-called "undesirable" (more simply put - patients that have broader needs that need to be met by a GP)and patients who need GP care then they would not book appointments with you and you could stick to only dealing with the athletic, yuppie, elite that you are seeking as Patients. I just feel as someone who's only had 4 years experience you would be more eager to learn more about other types of patients and their diverse needs. Also, my Aunt and I both feel that you could spend more than 5 minutes with a patient, not act scared to examine me (you are not that way with her) and be more cordial to patients I have referred into you (about 5 before I understood that you were Sports Medicine only.) You don't aknowledge them at all and I've had to apologize to friends who really need a GP to help with various issues and not soley a Sports Med Dr.I was just going by the way you listed yourself as both a GP and a Sport's Med Doc.Good luck Dr. Carlson with the new practice and maybe try focussing on the discipline you feel most comfotable with and I think it will save us patients valuable time and money and also save you your valuable time and the patient clientel you are wanting to build.

April 6th, 2016