Dr. Christopher Sullivan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 1st, 2017
Great Doctor
I've been a patient of Dr Sullivan's for about 5 years. I find him to be one of the most caring doctors I've ever had. He is prompt with and doesn't over book. He spends more then enough time explaining your health problems and answering your questions.

February 15th, 2015
Dr Sullivan forced me to pay more for my prescription ... he NEEDS to be reported
Dr Sullivan was TERRIBLE!!!! I have a particular prescription drug benefit plan and asked him to write the script so that I could use my mail in plan. He refused saying that he didn't want to have to deal with follow up paperwork from my mail in drug provider. When I left my appointment I got on the phone and called my drug provider and they said Dr. Sullivan would only need to list the medication he wanted me to have and write DAW on the prescription and it would be filled as he wished. DAW = dispense as written. I knew what my drug plan was and knew that he could write the script so that it would be filled with what he wanted me to have rather than with a generic which he didn't want me to have. I also knew from prior experience that my mail in drug plan would not send him follow up paperwork to fill out, which was his concern. The cost for the inhaler he prescribed was $40 for 1 inhaler each time I would have it filled at the local pharmacy. The inhaler he prescribed was $80 for 4 inhalers each time I would have it filled through my mail order drug plan. When I went back into his office, Teresa (receptionist) heard me talking on the speaker phone to my drug plan and heard what they told me that Dr. Sullivan needed to write on my prescription. Dr. Sullivan opened the door slightly and said "I am not rewriting the prescription", then preceded to close the door abruptly and that was that. I was shocked and asked Teresa what I was missing. I could tell that she was as surprised as I was and felt badly about his behavior. So because Dr. Sullivan refused to write the inhaler he wanted me to have on the prescription along with DAW, I was forced to have the prescription either filled locally costing me $40 per inhaler rather than $20 per inhaler if I could use my drug prescription benefit plan. GO FIGURE!!!! A couple of strokes of his pen and Dr. Sullivan could have done what he should have done. SHAME ON YOU DR. SULLIVAN!!!! The way that you treated me was terrible!!!! I was not a difficult patient and followed your diagnosis ... there was NO reason whatsoever for you to treat me as you did!!!!!! Again, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! Teresa and the other staff was great ... I have absolutely no issue with them. This is all on Dr. Sullivan.

January 14th, 2015
Dr Sullivan WOULD NOT write prescription so that I could use my prescription benefit

June 13th, 2014
Didn't diagnose problem, got sicker from medication
Went to Advanced Pulmonary thinking I would have a knowledgable physician that could diagnose my lung condition. He prescribed me medication (levaquin) and three days later I woke up sicker and was terrible pains and with aches. Called him and he said to keep taking the medicines or to go to the emergency room if I got worse. Well, I did some research on levaquin and found out that a lot of people got sicker and develop aches and tendinitis from this drug, yet he told me to keep taking it. Also he has a rinky dink office with no X-ray machine to make sure I didn't have pneumonia. He told me to get an X-ray next week and come back after that. Also, I have a spot on my lung and I told him I should get a ct scan, he said "oh, we will schedule it in a month or so. It's going to be abnormal anyways". Please don't go to this doctor, the main reason I went was I could go without a referral and needed treatments right away because of my bad coughing and pain in my lung. I am going to my primary doctor to get a referral tomorrow to go to a real specialist. Paid $75.00 to get sicker and get prescribed medicine that made me have aches and pain. Don't waste your money with this quack!

September 5th, 2012
I am a new patient and what a wonderful staff and physician. I spoke to Teresa and she seemed to understand that my cough was wearing me down from my social activities. She called me back within 15 min and I was seen the following day. Dr. Sullivan was great and spent about an hour for my first visit. I have a follow-up apt next week and I'm actually looking forward to it. What a great office!

January 3rd, 2011
Very professional & American!

February 9th, 2017