Dr. Christopher Kain MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Hutchinson, KS

2.9

May 28th, 2017
Orthopedic Spine Surgeon that doesn't believe in narcotic pain medication! SATAN goes on vacation, spends it at the Hutchinson Clinic!
I have enough pain in my entire spine, especially from the lumbar area, hips, legs, buttocks, and down my legs that some days it literally takes me to my KNEES! Without Narcotic pain meds I live Day in day out, 24/7 with a pain level of 8 or more! With pain meds, depending on dose, my pain level ranges from a 4 to a 6. To hit the 4 level, I have to take so much medicine that I have to be on oxygen all day every day! That's too much! My back feels pretty good at that dose, but being on the O2 is just too much of a hassle! On a reduced dose about 30% of the higher level, I don't need oxygen except with my c-pap at night and my pain level is about average of a 6. I can live with a 6 long term, but at an 8, I can't do it! Long term exposure to a pain level of 8 or more would end up being fatal to me because I just can't handle it! I can do a 6, at one time I thought a 6 was pretty bad. But spend a few weeks at an 8 and you will learn that pain is all RELATIVE, much like a really hot day in summertime! You feel like it's hot in the house, you want to turn the a/c down but you end up going outside to run some errands, you climb in a steaming hot car, drive ten min before the a/c even thinks about cool air, walk on a frying pan parking lot putting off heat like the oven in the kitchen, then. Y the time you get home,where you thought it was hot in there, when you walk inside it feels like a walkin cooler, it's feels so cold! PAINS LIKE THAT! Spend a couple of weeks at a 7 and 8 then you go back on pain meds and your level goes to a 6, man you feel much better! Especially when being st a 4 or 5 dopes you up so bad you can't breath correctly! Dr Kain needs to be in a car wreck or fall off his roof and severely injure his spine, let him go through that shot eith minimal then no pain meds, let's see what tune he's singing during a 8 month recovery from a 50 or 60% spinal fusion from mid thoracic down to the bottom with plenty of monster screws and brackets just for effect! I firmly this experience would make Dr Kain a better, doctor, a more compassionate human being, and a nicer guy! Lord knows he needs those things!

May 26th, 2017
Disrespectful and rude
Went with my husband for the first time he has been seeing Dr Kain for awhile. Omg I have never in my life seen a more more rude doctor! Wanted to know WHY my husband,wasn't working DUH!!! HE'S BEEN UNDER YOUR CARE AND YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SAYS NO WORK!! DIdnt,want to listen to anything we,wanted to say kept interrupting. Tests,and more tests physical therapy and actually therapist told my husband therapy wasnt going to do him any good.She even pointed out on xrays the problem told him more Dr has. Now today Dr says can't find anything wrong. THERE IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING WRONG ! I feel so bad watching my husband hurt all the time and it's GETTING WORSE SO YES SOMETHING IS WRONG!

July 13th, 2016
I had some concern going to Dr Kain because he was new and doing a minimally invasive procedure not done by other doctors in the area. The surgery helped with my pain and was done as outpaitent so recovery time was quick. I believe he knows spine surgery very well and will do everything he can to give you the best care and maximum results.

February 5th, 2016
Son's Thumb Injury
Dr. Kain's staff were able to get my son fit into their schedule the same day as he was referred. Since it was in the middle of high school basketball season, it was very important to my son. I can't say enough about the way we were treated.

May 19th, 2015
Former Patient
See any other doctor. Operated on me 8 years ago and I've never been without pain since. Seen plenty of doctors since and all recommend removing what he has done and reconstruct.

February 9th, 2014
Excellent Doctor
I came here to leave a review, and am really glad I had not seen these reviews prior to seeing Dr. Kain. My experience was absolutely wonderful, which is why I wanted to leave a review. He was extremely attentive, listened carefully, asked discovery questions, seemed genuinely concerned. He put me on a regimen of pain killers/muscle relaxants and physical therapy, and requested a follow up visit in six weeks, assuring me that he was available by phone in the meantime if needed. Wow, what a great doctor and what a great experience!

February 4th, 2014
Thankful patient
By the time I was finally referred to Dr. Kain, I had been in excruciating pain for over 6 months. I knew my back was bad and that surgery would be required. Dr. Kain took one look at my MRI and had me scheduled for surgery the next day. I knew as soon as I woke up after the surgery that my back had been fixed and the nerve pain was eased. I had a decompression L4-L5 laminectomy discectomy. I am on the mend and the feeling in my butt, leg, & feet is almost back to normal. My surgery was 2 1/2 weeks ago and I'm finally able to stand upright and walk a little more each day. I am so grateful to Dr. Kain for getting me back to normal. He has explained everything I have asked and has been very understanding with the issues this particular problem came with. He doesn't beat around the bush and is very up front and direct, which I appreciate.

July 23rd, 2013
horible dr.
if youre reading this please listen, do not see this dr at all he is such a bad dr in every way he will make you feel like crap physically and mentally, you have been warned!!!

June 20th, 2013
TERRIBLE
I was referred to Dr. Kain by another Dr. for a second opinion. After I sat for about 45 minutes in the waiting room I finally got called back. This Dr. Answered several phone calls during my visit and twice left me sitting in the room for 10 minutes or longer. Then when he comes back in he tells me there is nothing wrong with me and that pro football players have worse issues than you do. Maybe actually take a look at my spine and listen to your patients! !!! I have since gone to a GOOD ORTHO and he foundv2 protruding disc in my lower back. And also Dr. Kain im not as fat as you are !! Look at yourself before you judge others. People dont waste your time with him go to another Ortho.

April 13th, 2013
Happy Guy
I guess if I had read some of his reviews before I went to him I would have went yikes! He is just the opposite of what I have read of him, Lets see bedside manner? who really cares results are what counts he is not your mom at home caring about his baby. I felt he was as proper as most doctors are they are busy pro's taking care of many people most people only take care of one job not there case. I had back surgery with Dr. Kain and can not say enough about surgery I have no more back pain after years of it Dr Kain explained the surgery and what to expect after years of listing to story after of story of failures I was not sure of surgery. I am glad I had the surgery and would recommend Dr. Kain to all and have. We are not all complainers!!!

March 26th, 2013
do not use this guy for anything! i repeat do not use this guy for anything!!! you have been warned!!

March 26th, 2013
Great doctor!
Dr. Kain performed neck surgery on me and did a great job. I am better than 100%. He is very confident with a good sense of humor. I would recommend him for what he does best. He will be upfront with you on things he is not proficient at. For knee, back and neck he is tops! Good follow ups too!