Dr. Christopher Kain MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

July 13th, 2016
I had some concern going to Dr Kain because he was new and doing a minimally invasive procedure not done by other doctors in the area. The surgery helped with my pain and was done as outpaitent so recovery time was quick. I believe he knows spine surgery very well and will do everything he can to give you the best care and maximum results.

February 5th, 2016
Son's Thumb Injury
Dr. Kain's staff were able to get my son fit into their schedule the same day as he was referred. Since it was in the middle of high school basketball season, it was very important to my son. I can't say enough about the way we were treated.

May 19th, 2015
Former Patient
See any other doctor. Operated on me 8 years ago and I've never been without pain since. Seen plenty of doctors since and all recommend removing what he has done and reconstruct.

February 9th, 2014
Excellent Doctor
I came here to leave a review, and am really glad I had not seen these reviews prior to seeing Dr. Kain. My experience was absolutely wonderful, which is why I wanted to leave a review. He was extremely attentive, listened carefully, asked discovery questions, seemed genuinely concerned. He put me on a regimen of pain killers/muscle relaxants and physical therapy, and requested a follow up visit in six weeks, assuring me that he was available by phone in the meantime if needed. Wow, what a great doctor and what a great experience!

February 4th, 2014
Thankful patient
By the time I was finally referred to Dr. Kain, I had been in excruciating pain for over 6 months. I knew my back was bad and that surgery would be required. Dr. Kain took one look at my MRI and had me scheduled for surgery the next day. I knew as soon as I woke up after the surgery that my back had been fixed and the nerve pain was eased. I had a decompression L4-L5 laminectomy discectomy. I am on the mend and the feeling in my butt, leg, & feet is almost back to normal. My surgery was 2 1/2 weeks ago and I'm finally able to stand upright and walk a little more each day. I am so grateful to Dr. Kain for getting me back to normal. He has explained everything I have asked and has been very understanding with the issues this particular problem came with. He doesn't beat around the bush and is very up front and direct, which I appreciate.

July 23rd, 2013
horible dr.
if youre reading this please listen, do not see this dr at all he is such a bad dr in every way he will make you feel like crap physically and mentally, you have been warned!!!

June 20th, 2013
TERRIBLE
I was referred to Dr. Kain by another Dr. for a second opinion. After I sat for about 45 minutes in the waiting room I finally got called back. This Dr. Answered several phone calls during my visit and twice left me sitting in the room for 10 minutes or longer. Then when he comes back in he tells me there is nothing wrong with me and that pro football players have worse issues than you do. Maybe actually take a look at my spine and listen to your patients! !!! I have since gone to a GOOD ORTHO and he foundv2 protruding disc in my lower back. And also Dr. Kain im not as fat as you are !! Look at yourself before you judge others. People dont waste your time with him go to another Ortho.

April 13th, 2013
Happy Guy
I guess if I had read some of his reviews before I went to him I would have went yikes! He is just the opposite of what I have read of him, Lets see bedside manner? who really cares results are what counts he is not your mom at home caring about his baby. I felt he was as proper as most doctors are they are busy pro's taking care of many people most people only take care of one job not there case. I had back surgery with Dr. Kain and can not say enough about surgery I have no more back pain after years of it Dr Kain explained the surgery and what to expect after years of listing to story after of story of failures I was not sure of surgery. I am glad I had the surgery and would recommend Dr. Kain to all and have. We are not all complainers!!!

March 26th, 2013
do not use this guy for anything! i repeat do not use this guy for anything!!! you have been warned!!

March 26th, 2013
Great doctor!
Dr. Kain performed neck surgery on me and did a great job. I am better than 100%. He is very confident with a good sense of humor. I would recommend him for what he does best. He will be upfront with you on things he is not proficient at. For knee, back and neck he is tops! Good follow ups too!

March 20th, 2013
Great Experience
I am aware that very few people give great reviews - it is natural to complain to the world, but praise is usually held close. So, for the sake of a good physician and a great experience, I post this as a great doctor to see. I saw Dr. Kain for a fractured tailbone after reading about him on all the coccyx websites. I found him kind, engaged, up front and pleasant. I am at a loss about all of his other reviews because honestly, I was ready to meet the devil... His medical assistant was great too. I also have hip pain that other doctors have been unable to pin down. When I have been to other ortho docs, they refuse to address more than one "joint" per visit - this is frustrating because we all know the hip and knee work together. Anyway, he happily checked out my hip and was able to easily reproduce the painful popping in my joint. When he went and got the ultrasound machine to check the socket out - he couldn't reproduce it again and we laughed about it. He encouraged to see his colleague who specializes in hips. As for my tailbone, he was frank about the number of coccyxgectomies he has done and he understood how painful it is for me. He is willing to do my surgery with my understanding of all the risks- which he covered in great detail. I could not have gotten a more honest answer anywhere. I am "sitting on it" (literally) and waiting until I basically cannot live with the pain any longer and then will decide. I believe that Dr. Kain will call a patient out on drug seeking behavior - that is his JOB! He is responsible for every prescription he rights and it is well within his right as a physician to use tactics to ferret that information out - if you don't like it, then he is happy for you to move onto a different doctor. I believe he feels like his patients are responsible for their own healing and if you are not going to take it on, then you are probably not the right patient for him...

February 22nd, 2013
Wish I came here first....
If I had visited this site before selecting an ortho, I would have never made an appointment with Dr. Kain. I have never felt I wanted to walk out in the middle of an exam (twice!), that is until I met this physician. My last visit (and it will be my last!), I waited for over an hour past my appointment time to have him come in and spend a full 3 minutes, maybe, with me and not listening to a thing I said. He acts as though he is in some kind of race and you are slowing him up. Zero social skills, flunks bedside manner... whatever. I could put up with arrogant if you excell in the things that are really important to assure my recovery, but you don't appear to, therefore I have no confidence in your judgement. Soooooo..... Dr. Kain, you're fired.