Dr. Christopher Kye MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Delray Beach, FL

December 17th, 2016
Dr. Kye really helped me!!!
Since 1999 I have been on medication that only marginally helped me. Dr. Kye was the first person who realized I had something different happening in my brain, and treated it. I feel sooooo much better!!! I recommend him whole-heartedly!!!

December 12th, 2016
Dr. Kye is a master in the field. Never have I encountered a psychiatrist so knowledgeable about all aspects of my diagnoses, from emotional and physical reactions down to actual neurological functioning. I find it so relieving to have put my hands in such a competent and enthusiastic provider. I would recommend Dr. Kye to anyone not looking to waste their time and who wants genuine answers and results. Five star in my book!

October 12th, 2016
In a moment of crisis Dr. Kye was easy to reach by phone , very thorough in examining my vitals. I would strongly recommend to a friend or family

October 11th, 2016
Awesome doctor!!
I went to Dr Kye upon the recommendation of my therapist. I have been seeing another psychiatrist prior to Dr Kye for 3 years and I felt I was getting worse instead of better. I was an emotional wreck and a total a mess. Dr. Kye to me did a miracle on my life. He changed my treatments and I feel alive, energetic with a big will to live and fight. Thank you, Dr Kye. He is awesome. Godsent!

August 14th, 2016
The Best Psychiatrist
After more than 10 years of being sent to different doctors and staying at several pricey treatment facilities, I finally met Dr Kye. He is a brilliant doctor who listens and gets straight to the point. He truly has helped me save my life. He is honest, caring and trustworthy. His knowledge and guidance over the past year and a half has helped me be able to have a life again. He only wanted to see me get better and healthier. Dr Kye is the only doctor who was ever able to help. He is amazing.

July 14th, 2016
Wish I had found Dr Kye years ago
My 18-year-old daughter has Down syndrome, ADHD and sleep apnea. Since the age of 8, my daughter had been on multiple ADHD medications both singly and in combination with each other. We initially coordinated my daughter's treatment through the Hope Haven Down Syndrome Clinic in Jacksonville and then my daughter's local pediatrician. However, she continued to have significant problems with her ADHD and sleeping due, in part, to noncompliance with the use of her sleep mask. Over the years we were told to switch medications, add different medications and increase the overall amount of medication we were giving her. The medication was caused my daughter to become increasingly withdrawn from society, more involved in her imaginary world, less willing to show affection and more unhappy. So I called every psychiatrist and psychologist in my healthcare provider’s network. All but one of the doctors on the list told me that they did not treat "complex cases" like my daughter. I found one psychiatrist who claimed to be a "specialist" in treating persons with autism. My daughter saw this "specialist" for almost two years. The "specialist" increased the amount of medication my daughter was receiving to the point that she would spend entire days in her room, she was mad all the time and she imagined that she was being attacked by "monsters". The medication also caused my daughter's hands to shake and she stared into space all the time. When I told the "autism specialist" this, her reply was "well your daughter won't talk to me so I cannot treat her appropriately." It was then that I found about Dr Kye through the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization. My daughter has been seeing Dr Kye for a year and a half now. At our very first meeting Dr Kye explained how the medications that my daughter had been on for years were increasing her chances of developing Alzheimer's. SInce people with Down syndrome already have an increased risk of Alzheimer's this information was a HUGE concern for me. NONE of the other prescribing doctors had ever mentioned this very serious side effect. Dr Kye also explained that a chronic lack of sleep was probably part of the reason for my daughter's ADHD symptoms (Have you ever stayed up all night and then tried to do anything that requires focus? Try going without sleep for 17 years and see how well you do.) Since starting to see Dr Kye, my daughter is back to the wonderful person she used to be. She is more social, happy, loving and a pleasure to be around. She no longer hides in her room for days on end or is chased by imaginary monsters. She will look at people when they talk to her, and she will try to engage in short conversations. She is also using her sleep mask for several hours each night without someone having to sit in her room - a huge improvement as a result of strategies suggested by Dr Kye. Dr Kye is not afraid to try new things especially when the old ones are definitely not working. He will explain to you why he recommends a medication or the discontinuation of a medication, and he will let you know what side-effects you might see and what the risks of taking the medication are. I love that in a doctor. Dr Kye will communicate with patients after hours to make sure that they have all of the information they need and to make sure that he (Dr Kye) has all the information he needs to provide the best care he can give.

April 12th, 2016
Dr. Kye is a life saver
Over the last two decades my son has seen many psychiatrists. Dr. Kye has had the greatest positive impact on his stability and his life. My son had 4 years of stability under Dr. Kye's care, until he left the area. Shortly after returning to FL 2 years ago, my son was in the middle of a major psychotic episode, refusing to return to Community Mental Health. At the family's request, Dr. Kye stepped in, going to great lengths to engage my psychotic son, meeting outside of the office, talking over food, and driving him safely back to his halfway house. Dr. Kye intervened with the sheriff's office to see Jared place for treatment rather than jailed or left on the streets, and consulted with the attending psychiatrist at the hospital to ensure an effective medication regime. Dr. Kye literally saved my son's life. Dr. Kye explains the diagnosis, the brain research, and the reasoning for the med regime he chooses, which can be a bit overwhelming. He knows the meds, gets to know his patients, works with families, and does his best to help people live life to their fullest. Looking for warm and fuzzy - he isn't it. Looking for a knowledgeable, caring psychiatrist who will make a difference? Call Dr. Kye.

February 17th, 2016
After many doctors and many drugs prescribed , we were at the end of our rope. Our daughter was acting irrationally and we felt that we could not help her. One of our friends was seeing a therapist who highly recommended Dr. Kye. He spent 2 hours with her asking all kinds of questions. He let us know that she was misdiagnosed for the entire time. Within a matter of 4 - 5 days after weaning her off the drugs that was driving her irritability to the extreme that it did and giving us literature on what was really going on with her, there was a marketable difference in her demeanor. Just recently we noticed her sleep patterns were affected by her remaining drugs that she's been weaning off as well. She was sleeping more hours than she was awake. He lessened the dosage and the next day she was a new person. We have our daughter back thanks to him. We highly recommend him and could not see a future for my daughter without him.

December 5th, 2015
Proceed with caution
I met Dr. Kye and remarked the same things that were iterated by many other patients who rated him highly. He is bright, enthusiastic and burns the midnight candle for his patients. However, under Dr. Kye's regimen, I gained 52 pounds of weight, lost my hair, went through severe withdrawal when he discontinued me off of a medication cold turkey, and although I have found a much better psychiatrist in the Florida area who was honest about what meds can and cannot do, I cannot lose the weight. Dr. Kye cost me my youth, and while he says he is sympathetic to woman's issues, he will coerce you into taking medications which negate his sympathy. I wish I had never met this man. He cost me my youth, and while I have much to be thankful for, I will never forgive him for his negligence and serious ego. No amount of fancy letters or education should give someone the license to play god. And, while I see so many great recommendations on his profile here, I will say that he asked me write a positive review and prided his reputation! What kind of doctor has to hang his hat on his online doctor's review? I've never met another doctor in my life who did this. All I can say is that my depression got worse when I was under this man's care, he was obsessed with me and his patients being bipolar and my previously amazing body has never returned ever since he messed up my hormones with his heavy handed use of medications with no regard for my self esteem. Steer clear and find someone way more humble.

November 27th, 2015
FIBROMYALGIA AND CHRONIC FATIGUE
This is the perfect week to write a review for Dr. Kye with it being Thanksgiving yesterday. I am so very thankful that I went to see him. On a side note, my daughter saw him approximately 8 years ago after developing Trichotillomania (OCD which involved recurrent, irresistible urges to pulling hair ). After seeing numerous doctors with her a friend referred me to Dr. Kye. After one visit of 1.5 hours he prescribed 1 med and she was pull free. Her hair was so bad from a year of pulling and now at almost 21 she has gorgeous long hair. She continues to be pull free. My former husband and I had a discussion about my illness of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. He reminded me how much luck our daughter had with Dr. Kye. I really didn't think he was the type of Dr. that could help with these kinds of illnesses. Could a psychiatrist help me with this?? I was on 9 meds up to one point with no relief. Dr's would look at me after seeing close to 20 different ones in Palm Beach and say "I'm sorry we don't know what to do for you." they would actually tell me to exercise it would give me more energy. I could barely get out of bed and shower and they wanted me to exercise.?? I spent the last 10 years working out at the gym. It was my passion. They all knew that. If I could work out, didn't they think I would? They never listened. My depression 4 weeks ago had got so bad and my extreme fatigue that I really didn't know how I was going to continue to go to work each day and help run my other business with my husband. I didn't want to get out of bed. My social life was down to nothing. I basically went to work and came home. That was the extend of my life at 50. I said to myself "what would my life be like in 2 year, 4 years , when my kids had kids???? " I went to see Dr. Kye not even 3 weeks ago. He sat and listened and mostly asked ALOT of questions. He knew I had not had a dream in almost 5 years. That meant I wasn't going into REM sleep which is a deep sleep. This made the fatigue overwhelming to say the least. The med I was on when I was originally diagnosed actually made me worse. Dr. Kye was able to find the perfect couple meds for me , in a low dose. He told me to give it a couple months. It only took a couple weeks. I'm actually feeling 70 percent better after less than 3 weeks. I'm not running marathons BUT I have been able to stay up past 8 pm and do things after work with friends, hit the mall which I haven't done in years and don't have sensory issues nearly as bad, and not muscle/joint pain nearly as much and will begin a workout routine again soon. This is something I thought would never happen. I really appreciate what Dr. Kye has done for me and would HIGHLY recommend anyone seeing him that needs help in anyway. He is a unique, caring doctor and highly intelligent.

November 6th, 2015
Grateful Mom
Dr. Kye is a brilliant doctor and an amazingly kind, caring and humble person. My son has struggled with multiple neurological issues since birth. Once he reached the teen years, his pharmacological care became critical and extremely complicated. Dr. Kye changed all of his medications, gave us hope for our son's future, and renewed our belief in miracles.

November 5th, 2015
Finally - an accurate diagnosis and successful treatment plan!
We were referred to Dr. Kye at a time in my son's life that hospitalization was the only avenue not exhausted and the likely next step. Our first appointment w/ Dr. Kye was both impressive and overwhelming with detailed questions never asked from other physicians or educators. After years of misdiagnosing, dating back to elementary school, my son was accurately diagnosed and is now on a successful management plan. He is living on his own and thriving. I have to comment on Dr. Kye's style because of comments made in a few reviews. Dr. Kye is a frank, pointed and a brilliant doctor. He doesn't waste your time (his) or run up the meter (read dollars). He explains his diagnosis with supporting graphs and articles. He doesn't over or under-prescribe medications and monitors closely. His office manager is equally impressive. Appointments are prompt and she ensures the doctor calls you back same day. She's also patient and supportive with providing information for insurance filing purposes which we all know can be unnecessarily burdensome at times. In short, if you want to be coddled and swirl, see another physician. If you want results - see Dr. Kye. My son I drive ~2 hours for appointments and would travel further. Dr. Kye saved my son's life and frankly mine too because I can't image life without him. My son will tell you the same. In fact, he did, in his own separate review.