Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
BEWARE - PUTS HIS WALLET ABOVE PATIENTS WELL BEING show details BEWARE - PUTS HIS WALLET ABOVE PATIENTS WELL BEING
by Troy on Jul 22nd, 2015

My late girlfriend used to see him. He convinced her that she needed a bladder sling because of very minor "bladder leakage" during vigorous exercise. She followed his advice and had the blatter sling implanted. She immediately had problems. He was aware of the problems and kept her on antibiotics for 3 months because of urinary infections that would not go away. As time went on, the improperly implanted bladder sling led to such pain that she could barely function. This cost her to loose her job, and in turn, her medical insurance. When we heard of all the problems with the bladder slings we began to try to research what one he had used in her. HE REFUSED TO TURN OVER HER MEDICAL RECORDS!! Finally, we were able to get them from the hospital where the procedure was performed. Indeed he had put one of the slings that was found defective and was in the class action lawsuit. In the meantime, the only way she could get treatment was to go to UC hospital. By the time she was receiving treatment there, she was in a deep depression because of becoming basically bedridden by the sling. One of the doctors at UC told her that the sling was improperly inplanted and that was the cause of her constant pain and infections. After several months of treatment, they found a "mass" in her lung (she was a smoker) but she ignored it and told nobody, because she was so run down from the two years of fighting the problems caused by the sling and because of the depression the situation (along with fybromyalgia meds) caused. By the time we saw the problems from the cancer, it was too late. Cancer had spread to her brain, breasts & liver. When we took her back to UC to find out why she was acting like a child, we found out about the cancer. She lived less than 3 months after this. HE STARTED THE CHAIN OF EVENTS THAT COST HER HER PRIDE, HEALTH, INDEPENDENCE, JOB, HEALTH & LIFE INSURANCE AND ULTAMATELY, HER LIFE. I can't put all the blame on him, but he started it all. She was a very strong, independant woman and i know that if it had not been for the blatter sling he convinced her to have implanted, she would of still had her job and her insurance, but most of all, she would of bad her will to fight and would have found the cancer early enough for treatment and would most likely still be with us.

May 1st, 2015

Dr Lawley does great job. Sometimes lengthy/timeframe getting response from staff with rejected medications overrides/insurance

review show details review
Jun 16th, 2014

dr.is great staff needs use improvement

Oct 29th, 2013

I really liked Dr Lawley. Very friendly. I had to have a picc line put n to have iv antibiotic . I talked to a nurse named Julie and she said that it would b 2 wk b 4 I could have the picc line put n. I said that is strange b/c the last time I had to have a picc line put n it was only a few days. She said "Well I guess u need to go back to that other doctor b/c it seems like u like him better than us" I was shocked at that statement!!!! I have never ever been talked to like that by a nurse!! And I said all I was doing was telling u I never had to wait 2 wk to have a picc line but n!!! I said sometimes a bad staff and ruin a good doctor. And she replied" and a bad patient can ruin it also!!! If I didn't need to have more testing done I would have never gone back to c Dr Lawley.! And another thing is that they seldom answer the phone. It will go to vm and they will call u back, It is not always convenient for them to do that. If I didn't like the Dr so well I would never ever go back!!!

Incompetent Doctor show details Incompetent Doctor
Sep 5th, 2012

I have had a Ultra sound and they found a hydrocele that has been causing me major pain. After two rounds of antibiotics and anti-inflamatories Iam still hurting and the doctor told me I shouldn't be hurting that bad. I have cut all ties with this doctor and found a new Urologist, one that actually knows what he is doing.

Not doing my Father any favors... show details Not doing my Father any favors...
Mar 10th, 2012

Dr Lawley has been treating my father since July of last year. He failed to provide treatment in a timely manner. Each visit is a wait... and then very little needed time with the patient with regards to his condition. Dr. Lawley performed laser surgery on my Dad prostrate which shrink the prostrate but let him extremely swollen and with increase issues. He failed him in my opinion. He developed infection afer infection and Dr Lawley only offered one cure .. antibotic which failed to work. Dad grew an immunity to it.. and low and behold developed a massive infection leading to er visits and a hospital stay. I do not recommend Dr Lawley. He is bad medicine by practice and imcompetent. His staff fails to answer urgent calls ..even from home nurse service which he ordered for the patient.

Great doctor, terrible staff show details Great doctor, terrible staff
Mar 2nd, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Lawley for 6 years for chronic kidney stones. I like him and he has helped me medically. However, his staff are the rudest people I've ever encountered. There is a woman named Greta (sp?) who is absolutely horrid! Also, I wait a solid 1.5-2.0 hours just to see his face.

Aug 1st, 2011

Seems like a competent doctor, but usually wait over an hour to see him for 15 mins, leave feeling like not all my questions were answered.

staff comment from other reviewer is correct- doc is good! show details staff comment from other reviewer is correct- doc is good!
by marcs5 at Citysearch on Jan 21st, 2011 on citysearch.com

Drink more water, less caffeine, take a walk!gettin` on in years.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Sep 7th, 2010

Dr. Lawley is great, very caring person. I would recommend him to any one that has kidney stones. Ladies at front desk are not very friendly and his nurses dont respond to messages. So if you have to leave a message dont bother just keep calling back to talk to someone... I really like Dr. Lawley so I look over his staff..

Apr 15th, 2009

He was the worst doctor I've ever had. He failed to tell me important test results that I'm just now finding out 2 years later.

by beverlystover on Nov 29th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Dr. Chris Lawley is one of the most compassionate and understanding physicians I've had in years. He has been my urologist since 1995 and he NEVER fails to show empathy, understanding and genuine care and concern for my needs. I highly recommend him. H

Read Full Review at citysearch.com