inactive

Christopher M Loar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

September 17th, 2013
I went to Dr. Loar for migraine headaches a while back..he was no help at all....he kept pressing on one side of my back and said.."does this hurt?" He checked my jaw, and my posture several times. He recommended physical therapy....i went several times but it didn't seem to change anything...spend a lot of money on it...When I would return back he kept telling me nothing would change if I stopped going. and to come back to see him after. It was a constant cycle. A few months later, I found out that I needed to have my wisdom teeth pulled. I don't recommend this doctor at all.

September 3rd, 2013
What has happened to him"?
My husband and I both had back pain and numbness. We have known Dr. Loar for years and he was always concerned and tried to help. This time, however, he told both of us after a preliminary exam, that we both just had muscle problems. He did not do any tests and just dismissed our complaints and didn't seem to care at all. I was sent to physical therapy and the first time the therapist rolled all over my back with a type of rolling pin.....I ended up in severe pain the next day and went to the ER at St. Lukes downtown. I had to have a general anesthetic just to do the MRI because I was in so much pain. I had a ruptured disk and was in the hospital on pain meds for 4 days and had surgery a month later. Dr. Loar was so totally wrong. We went to a wonderful doctor downtown and my husband has a bulging disk and 4 disks that have slipped. He is on meds and that seems to help and the next step is surgery. It is a very serious problem and will require a rod and hardware in his back if and when the surgery is done. Dr. Loar has changed so much and I am shocked at his lack of concern and professionalism now. I would not recommend him.

June 17th, 2013
The most condescending doctor I've ever been to
I was actually recommended by another physician to see Dr. Loar. Worst mistake ever. I went for tremors, muscle spasms, numbness, vision loss, and several other symptoms. A direct quote from Dr. Loar, "I seriously doubt anything is wrong with you but I'll recommend an MRI if it will make you feel better. And don't worry, the place I'm sending you caters to cowards." Nothing I said was taken seriously and he actually made fun of me for coming in. You'd be better off making your own diagnosis than seeing this doctor,

April 6th, 2012
I have epilepsy and have been going to Dr. Loar for over 15 years. He and his staff are very friendly and caring. The longest wait time I have ever had was about 10 minutes and was told when I walked in that he was running late...it was still a shorter wait time than any other doctor I have ever seen. I have since moved 2 hours away but continue to drive the distance because he is worth it. I would highly recommend Dr. Loar.

September 29th, 2011
Great Doctor
I went in for a nerve conduction study & Dr. Loar was kind, caring and did his best to make me comfortable during this rather painful procedure where needles are placed into the muscles and electrical impulses are sent into those muscles. The procedure took about 2 hours but was done as quickly as could be expected. I would go to Dr. Loar for any type of neurological problem.

October 12th, 2010
Malpractice in the making
I was referred to this "professional" by Workers' Compensation. I was very dissatisfied with the care and attentiveness of Dr. Loar. Not only did he not listen to my concerns and complaints related to my condition, he also inferred that I was well enough to return to work, and that I was exaggerating my symptoms and was just seeking prescription narcotics. I took two falls while at work, the first gave me a concussion and seriously injured my neck and spine. The second fall took place once I regained consciousness and made my way to a phone, again, I hit my head on the floor. Dr. Loar insisted that I just got my "bell rung" and that the migraines I am suffering from on a daily basis were merely tension headaches. The migraines I described to him consisted of sensitivity to light, sound, dizziness, and tunnel vision - sometimes succumbing to temporary blindness that may last for up to an hour. He prescribed medications that I have taken before for a previous knee injury that I had negative reactions to, even after I told him so. When I told him of previous medications that had worked to relieve my pain and increase my mobility, he responded that I needed to stop my addictions. After relaying this story to my fiance's mother, she informed me that Dr. Loar had treated her husband 12 years ago while at Kingwood Hospital. After his surgery, which left him disabled with an anoxic brain injury due to the negligence of another doctor with privileges at Kingwood Hospital (Dr. Merrimon Baker), Dr. Loar pronounced him brain dead, and encouraged her to make final decisions. She tried convincing Dr. Loar that he did have brain activity, and that he was trying to sit up and speak. Dr. Loar insisted there was no hope. After trying to no avail to get results with any of the doctors at Kingwood Hospital, she had him transferred to Hermann Hospital in Houston, where they stated that he did indeed have brain activity. He spent months in rehabilitation and underwent extensive physical, speech, and occupational therapies. My future father-in-law will be turning 53 this month. My recommendation is to steer clear of this "physician", as he has no bedside manner, couth, current knowledge of his specialty, and an overall disrespect for his patients.