Surgical Specialist
Video profile
10 E Burlington St
Unit 4D
Riverside, IL 60546
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Thanks to Dr Loftus  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

Ten years after being hit in a head on collision I consulted with Dr Loftus who was recommended by a friend. Dr Loftus spent about 45 minutes to an hour with me and my wife thoroughly reviewing every x-ray, MRI, or scan that I had to date. My symptoms were the constant feeling of a sword sticking in my back between my shoulder blades for several years, along with numbness and weakness in my right hand and several fingers. I had been through the whole gamete of physical therapy, injections, etc., with no relief. Dr Loftus was extremely professional, introspective, and the most down to earth doctor that I ever met. I knew from the first visit that he was here to help me. Upon returning with updated MRI's Dr Loftus recommended a cervical spinal fusion at C6-7. To cover my bases, I had already obtained a 2nd opinion from another top neurosurgeon who suggested a fusion at C4-5. Dr Loftus reassured me that I did have damage at C4-5, but that would result in numbness symptoms in my left hand that I wasn't experiencing. Whereas C6-7 accounts for my current right arm symptoms. Once again I trusted him and he came through huge. I underwent a cervical C6-7 fusion with Dr Loftus in March 2005. It is now August 2011 and I have not had one complaint since. I'll never forget the day of my surgery. Prior to my surgery Dr Loftus told me that I was his 1500th patient. I asked him if I wasn't patient 1501, and we laughed. The surgery was conducted around 8AM. Dr Loftus stopped in to see me that night around 7:30PM. I asked him why he was working so late? He stated, "I got called in for another patient so I figured that I'd stop in to check on you, I said a prayer for you." I thank God everyday for Dr. Loftus. He allowed me to complete a 25 year proactive career in the New Jersey State Police. Thanks for getting me to the finish line Dr. Loftus. I'll never forget what you did for me.