Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

• Currently 2.195652173913 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Rude and Incompetent  |  show details
by Carol on Dec 4th, 2014

Difficult to give Dr. Lycette one star. He was rude and rushed through my appointment even after I waited an hour to see him. Was quick to mention surgery without listening to previous treatments I have or haven't tried. Typical neurosurgeon mentalities. Find a less absorb and more competent doctor. Don't settle for this inconsiderate man.

|  Compassionate Surgeon  |  show details
by Lillian W. on Oct 27th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Lycette by my orthopedic doctor. I had read several reviews and was a bit uneasy about going to him. However, I found him to be warm and compassionate. He listened to everything I had to say. He actually brought up my MRI images and explained them to me. At this time he did not think surgery was an option but ordered other tests to get to the root of my problem. I highly recommend him.

|  Best Surgeon  |  show details
by Lani on Aug 29th, 2014

This surgeon is warm and cares about your outcome. He will not push surgery on you unless it is your only option. I am forever grateful to this man for saving my life. He is the best you will find.

|  Horrible experience  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2014

I will never go to this doctor again. He is so blatently rude! My wife and I were shocked by his abruptness and unprofessionalism! He seems to have a real problem with anger management. I tell all of my friends to stay away from Dr. Lycette's practice!

|  cancer  |  show details
May 22nd, 2014

Before everyone is complaining about wait times and their issues. Please think that a surgeon does have some life or death situations that take priority sometimes. Dr lycette operated on a friend of mine son who is 30 years old and had Cancer on his spine. Please pray for him.

|  Never saw the doctor  |  show details
May 18th, 2014

I had an appointment with Dr. Lycette, but never saw him. He was too busy to see me and sent in his physician's assistant. Left the office and made an appointment with another neurosurgeon. Tired of these fellas thinking they can do whatever they want.

|  Favorite expression: "Give it more time"  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2014

Dr. Lycette operated on me and I have serious complications. At each appointment, he kept saying "give it more time." Luckily I didn't give it more time and saw another neurosurgeon who was able to help. The new doctor told me the reason Dr. Lycette kept telling me to give it more time was to avoid a potential medical malpractice case. Find another doctor. These reviews are truthful.

Nov 17th, 2013

This man needs to be in another field. When I half managed to tell him what caused my injury, he looked at me like he didn't believe me. My instinct said LEAVE. I didn't. He did fix one problem but I feel he created another life changing one and he kept saying, "give it time." I have an appointment with a colleague soon and hope to get one answer to one question. No recommendations for future care or how to try and live with this. Do not see him. I doubt he even knows what bedside manner means. I don't even want to give him 1 star.

|  In a hurry and quick to want to operated  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2013

I agree with many of the reviews for Dr. Lycette. During my appointment he was quick to tell me surgery was my only option. I was the one who discussed other treatment plans. He also spent very little time with me. When I didn't want to explore the surgery route, he was in a rush to end the appointment. I have since found a more caring physician, one who is more concerned about me and not how much money he can make through surgery.

|  Dr.C. Lycett gave me my life back PAIN FREE!  |  show details
by irene torrente on Sep 3rd, 2013

I was honored to have met Dr. Lycett. Extremely smart, knowledgeable, he truly cares about his Patience's, great bed side manners, I would recommend him to everyone! I have no doubt if he were needed for a family member Dr Lycett would be the only one I trust! He gave me my life back PAIN FREE ! From the bottom of my heart... Thank you Dr.Lycett !

|  Hit my spinal cord during surgery  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2013

Dr. Lycette operated on me for a herniated disc. During surgery he hit my spinal cord and now I have permanent nerve damage on my right side along with balance problems (walk with a cane), bladder problems, muscle atrophy, Cervical Dystonia, Essential Tremor and a host of other problems. I had to learn how to use my right arm/hand again through years of occupational and physical therapy. I realize doctors are only human, Dr. Lycette lied to cover up his mistake. It was neurosurgeons and neurologists at John Hopkins who told me what Dr. Lycette did wrong, but by then it was too late. See another doctor who isn't afraid to admit when he makes a mistake and doesn't lie to his patients. This doctor is only concerned about furthering his career and not about the wellbeing of his patients.

|  Barely examined me  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2013

I agree with many of the negative comments on this site. Dr. Lycette rushed through my appointment, barely examined me, but was quick to recommend surgery. I am waiting to get another opinion. I expected him to spend more time with me and actually give me a complete exam.

by D. Weidman on May 10th, 2013

I would just like to say that before my husband and I went to see Dr. Lycette, my niece who is a registered nurse said that Dr. Lycette is the best neurosurgeon in her opinion. My husband ended up with 3 disk repair, along with a fusion, with 8 screws in his back. It was a more intensive surgery than he (Dr.) was going to perform. We both found Dr. Lycette to be a very caring, bright, and concerned doctor. He answered all our questions. I know surgery is scarey, but when you go to see him, pretty much most other options won't help but surgery. I would highly recommend him. His staff is always courteous and friendly. In fact, I have a pinched nerve in my back and will be seeing him for the repair surgery. Yes, I have tried chiropractors, pain management with shots in my back, and exercises. Nothing is helping. But it is good to know I have confidence in the doctor I will let operate on me. Thank you Dr. Lycette for all you do. And may I say, my husband will be out of work for at least 1 year post surgery, but he is doing so much better after the surgery.

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2013

Stay away. Find a neurosurgeon who has your best interest st heart and who will be honest with you and not just worried about advancing his career.

|  Too quick to want to operate!  |  show details
by Courtney on Mar 31st, 2013

I wish I would have read the reviews prior to making my appointment and I would have seen another doctor. Dr. Lycette is quick to want to operate and doesn't pursue other alternatives. He is also in a hurry and rushes through the appointment. I am glad I saw other neurosurgeon for a second opinion.

|  Great Surgeon  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2013

by Cindy Gunia on Jan 25th, 2013

I have been to countless doctors and Dr. Lycette rates at the top for me. He was very kind , compassionate , understanding , and as far as I'm concerned a brilliant surgeon! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent neurosurgeon!

|  Better surgeons/doctors out there  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

I read the comments, but decided to see Dr. Lycette for a consultation appointment. With an open mind I had my appointment and did find him to be in a rush to operate. He wasn't concerned with alternative procedures and didn't even ask what other things I had tried. When I asked him about PT, chiropractic, acupuncture, massage therapy, etc., he wasn't interested in discussing it and was quick to talk about scheduling surgery. Seems the surgeon in his title says it all. He was also in a bit of a hurry and I also had to wait for quite a while for my appointment.

Nov 6th, 2012

I suffered with back pain for over 2 years. My neurologist sent me to Dr. Lycette and I found him to be caring and compassionate. He performed a posterior interbody lumbar fusion with laminectomy in June 2012 and I couldn't have asked for better results. I am pretty much pain free. He and his staff are absolutely wonderful.

|  Extremely disappointed!  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

I wished I would have researched this doctor prior to making my appointment. I found him to be unprofessional and, like the comments, in a hurry to operate. While I know he is a surgeon, he didn't consider any alternatives. I wouldn't recommend this doctor and glad I got a second opinion.

|  Don't go see this doctor  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2012

First I had to wait for like two hours, and when I finally saw this guy he barely paid attention to me- a two hour wait (and a huge bill) for a (maybe) 5 min appointment? Really? Just save your time and money and see someone else. Oh and he's a lot older and uglier than the picture he has here.

|  Neck fusion & Lumbar fusion  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

I have nothing less then a great experience with Dr. Lycette and all of his staff. They have always met my needs when needed. Last year I had a C4-C5-C6 disectomy with 100% fusion and was a success. This year I had an L4-L5-S1 disectomy and fusion. With this surgery again I have had a successful fusion and would recommend Dr. Lycette as a fantastic doctor along with all of his staff.

|  Kathy in the Poconos  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr. Lycette is a very caring doctor. I had a traumatic injury and he did a terrific job with my neck surgery. He was patient, kind, and explained everything to me about my surgery. He even gave me a tour of the OR! If you are in need of surgery - please make an appt. with Dr. Lycette. He has a great bedside manner and his staff is very professional and caring

Jul 11th, 2012

Dr.Lycette has completed two major surgeries on my neck,without which I would not be walking or using my arms.Everything about my experience went fantastic.Very fast recovery,minimal pain,...Just an excellent Doctor and excellent staff,Excellent Hospital. I am very fortunate to have met Dr.Lycette and to have my surgeries by Him.

|  Operated on me and I am in worse shape  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

I should have visited this site years ago and left a review. Here is a true, honest review. Dr. Lycette operated on me for a herniated disc, C 5-6. During surgery he hit my spinal cord and now I have permanent nerve damage on my right side along with balance problems (walk with a cane), bladder problems and a host of other problems. I had to learn how to use my right arm and hand again through years of therapy. While I realize doctors are only human and make mistakes, Dr. Lycette lied to cover up his mistake and I had to go to John Hopkins to find out what was wrong, but by then it was too late. Be quick to praise, but at the same time, don't criticize those who may have had a negative experience. You have not walked in my shoes or any one elses.

|  Incredible Doctor!!!!  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2012

I do not understand all these bad reviews. He is a compassionate, caring Dr. I never felt rushed. I never felt as though he had an ego like some reviewers said. Who cares if he is in scrubs or a suit? If he stands or sits? And the most ridiculous review I read was "there wasn't a nurse in the room during the visit." He never made me feel uncomfortable. He always took his time with me. In fact, if it wasn't for Dr. Lycette, I would be paralyzed. I was in a car accident 3yrs prior to seeing Dr. Lycette but like most people I'm not a "go to the Dr. every time something aches or pains." But it got to the point where I could not stand the pain any longer. Dr. Lycette sent me for an MRI and guess what? My disc was pressing on my spinal cord. Had I not had the surgery I would be paralyzed.I agree with others who reviewed Dr. Lycette, I think there is a witch hunt on this site. The same people writing multiple reviews to make him look incompetent. He is a great surgeon! As for his attitude, he always spent time with me, answered all my questions. He explained everything in detail. I do not feel he is "operating happy." Like other reviewers said, he's a surgeon. Why else would you be there? Age doesn't make a difference. Also the ridiculous comment about "if he is so good why isn't he in New York etc." We need good surgeons in the Lehigh Valley too and he is one of them. We deserve good surgeons here as well as other "big cities." You can form your opinion as to whether to see Dr. Lycette on these ridiculous reviews some that we all know are from the same person. But he has given me the best medical care I could've ever asked for. Had I not gone to Dr. Lycette I would be paralyzed. As for the staff, they are equally as professional and friendly. I'm forever grateful that I was referred to Dr. Lycette. THANK YOU DR. LYCETTE!!

|  Should have read the reviews before the visit!  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

If you are reading this, I hope you were not like me and you haven't gone to the appointment yet. Please heed my warning!! Do not go to this "doctor"!!! There is NOTHING he can offer you. Vitals.com will be my future referral for ALL upcoming appointments with any doctor.

|  I don't understand these bad reviews, I thought he was great  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

Dr Lycette recommended that I have an mri and then recommended physical therapy and pain managegment. He explained that I may need surgery someday but not now and that surgery should only be considered after everything else fails. I am not sure if the people writing the bad reviews saw the same doctor I did. He is board certified which means he is NOT a new inexperianced doctor. I was very pleased and would recommend him to anyone.

|  Not sure why LV keeps him on staff  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2012

Other LV doctors recommended Dr. Lycette so I decided to see him; however, I hesitated due to the negative reviews. I am so angry with my doctor I am thinking of not returning to see him either. Dr. Lycette is just as all the reviews/comments state: eager to operate, doesn't suggest alternatives and his communication skills are lacking. What a waste of time...I am glad I got a second opinion and will not have to have surgery. I ended up seeing another doctor who recommended physical therapy, chiropractic care as well as BOTOX injections. I wonder why Dr. Lycette didn't suggest these things? No money in it for him? Believe what you read when you review these sites!

|  Bad experience  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

I went to see Dr. Lycette even after reading the reviews. I figured I would give him a chance. Boy, was I wrong!! He spent about 5 mintues with me, wanted to fuse my disks the following week. Never offered any advice or alternative what we could do. I HAD to ask him how long I would be out etc. I went to another surgeon-THANK GOD!! I am getting a spinal cord stimulator instead. I would never recommend him to anyone. In fact I have already told everybody that I knew NOT to go to him.

|  Great Doctor who really cares  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

It seem the negative reviews on this site were all written by the same person. They say the same things over and over. Who cares if your doctor sits during the visit? If you are referred to a surgeon, maybe it is because you need surgery? I have found Dr. Lycette to be caring and compassionate and not someone who ever rushes anyone into surgery. I never waited in his office longer than a few minutes.

|  The law dictates what can be said  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

Reading over the comments regarding Dr. Lycette both good and bad and I understand both sides; however, the law in the state of PA dictates what can be written about all doctors/companies/organizations if a lawsuit or other pending litigation is filed. My guess is Dr. Lycette has had some issues and people are unable to be completely open and honest. Research all your doctors and ask them questions before you agree to let them operate. Whether they won or lost ask them to be honest if they have ever been sued and hope and pray they tell you the truth. Good luck.

Apr 23rd, 2012

I have never been to a doctor who asks you to complete an internet survey about him due to all the negative comments. He should be more concerned about his patients than his reputation. My father was not happy with the outcome of his surgery even though he was told he would be pain free. He is in more pain now following the surgery! Find someone with more experience.

|  I agree with the negative reviews  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

I saw Dr. Lycette as a required second opinion physician and I am glad he was a second opinion. He wanted to operate and didn't consider any other alternatives. While I can't write about his care beyond a first appointment, I did notice he didn't sit during the appointment and did appear to be rushed. I did have to wait quite a while for my appointment. He is a surgeon and does seem quick to want to rush to the OR.

Mar 5th, 2012

Awesome!!! Dont believe all the negative comments.

Mar 5th, 2012

I found Dr Lycette to be friendly and courteous and perceived him to be listening intently to my comments. He rendered the third opinion as to what course of action I might take in response to an MRI that revealed moderate stenosis and damage discs. He observed that while there was damage that would make surgery a reasonable course of action it was also true that the symptoms would probably not greatly diminish as a result of surgery. While the other two specialists I visited recommended surgery sometime in the next few months, he suggested that there might not be significant deterioation over the next several years and that thebest course might be to monitor the situation through visits every several months. I did not sense, as others seemed to feel, that he had a burning desire to get me to the operating table.

|  Does good bedside manner indicate good surgical skills?  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2012

I visited Dr. Lycette due to unrelenting leg pain they has impacted every aspect of my life - unable to to normal ADLs, vacation, shop, you name it. He showed me the MRI and told me to call when I was ready for surgery. He was not rude but also not real charismatic, but does one need that to be a spine surgeon? Most highly intelligent people I know don't have the most effervescent personalities. Also, people have commented that all he wants to do is operate - da! he is a surgeon and why would someone visit a surgeon if they have not exhausted all other options such as PT, ESI, etc? No wonder he cuts some visits short - he has people seeing him who should be going to PT. I did not have surgery yet, but I think it is unfair to post derogatory comments unless you have had surgery by Dr. Lycette. It makes it extremely difficult to evaluate a physician and can also ruin a good physician's otherwise good reputation.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

This doctor really cares about his patients!

|  Picked another doctor  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

After seeing Dr. Lycette and reading all the reviews, I agree with the negative comments. It's a shame people feel you can't be honest when commenting about a doctor. After all, it is the reason web sites like this exist. I didn't care for him either and selected another doctor.

|  Saved my life  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

Dr Lycette was instrumental in my success in overcoming cancer. While exploring the damage to nerves in my neck/back/shoulder to address dibilitating pain in my left arm, he debulked cancer cells strangling the nerve bundles to my arm and neck. He so impressed me that I have scheduled him to perform back surgery to resolve a neuropathy in my right foot unrelated to the cancer. I think he's tops!

Jan 31st, 2012

Dr. Lycette was very professional, took lots of time with us. Answered all our questions, he did not recommend surgery. We made that choice. He was very nice polite, listened to us. He was recommened by another dr who stated "if I had to have surgery I would go to Dr. Lycette" he did not act superior in any way. I am wondering if the negative opions came from some people who went into the office with an "attitude"

|  A first-rate neurosurgeon  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2012

After reading the huge number of negative reviews-- many of which appear to be written by the same person, as they all have a similar writing style-- all I can say is, don't believe everything you read on the Internet! Dr. Lycette was thorough and comprehensive in his diagnosis of my back pain. I am now pain-free and I have my life back, thanks to Dr. Lycette. I found him to be personable and professional. It is extremely sad that someone is apparently out to get him, posting constant negative reviews. He is a first-rate doctor.

|  No respect!  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2011

Just wants patients who can help him gain experience in the operating room. It seems as if every patient he sees needs surgery. It seems if Lehigh Valley Hospital cared about their local citizens that they would monitored how often he discusses surgery. Made me uncomfortable during my visit, never sat down and was in a hurry to move to his next patient. Didn't get the impression he really cared about me getting better. Seems only interested in advancing his surgical skills. Go to a larger hospital and see a surgeon who respects his patients.

|  Try someone else  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2011

A friend had told me to stay away from this doctor and I didn't know to check up on this site. I only wish I would have checked here first. The bad comments are true!!! Beware!

|  Find another doctor  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2011

This doctor operated on me when I knew better. Messed up my back worse. If he was so wonderful then why isnt he in Philly or NYC?? STAY FAR AWAY!

Oct 13th, 2011

I went to see DR Lycette with my mother who has spinal stenosis. I was a little skeptical after reading his reviews but I found them to be very inaccurate. Dr Lycette is very professional, did not opt for surgery, recommended alternative methods.Took time in explaining the mri, examining and answered all our question. I personally think he is a fine doctor.

|  BEWARE!  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

I can agree with many of these comments. I had surgery by this so called doctor and it took three more surgeries by other more capable and experienced doctors to repair his damage. He should not be practicing medicine or operating on people. Beware or be prepared.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2011

Dr. Lycette operated on my lower back several years ago and he did an excellent job. I would recommend him to anyone who needs back surgery. I had pain in my lower back down my legs into my foot. Had therapy several times and nothing helped me.

|  What a mistake!  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2011

I wasted my time and saw this doctor for an appointment to discuss my ongoing pain. Like many of the comments posted, all he wanted to do was operate. He must have a quota of patients to operate on each month. He didn't want to discuss any other alternatives. Don't waste your time or copay -- find a doctor who cares about getting you better that doesn't involve a surgical knife.

|  Find another surgeon  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

In no uncertain terms should you see this doctor. He is a ticking bomb waiting to explode. He wants to operate and that is all he is concerned with. I met with him and then, thankfully, read these comments. I, too, had the same impression. Shame on you Lehigh Valley for hiring a doctor who won't consider alternative treatments. When I asked about physical therapy he said that he didn't know any places in the area where I live. Isn't that his business to know? I am very disappointed, upset, mad and guess I will continue to search for doctors in NY and NJ. Another true disappointing doctor. I am SO glad I read these remarks.

Jul 14th, 2011

wonderful doctor.would highly recomend him.

|  Surgery but in more pain  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2011

I agree with many of these comments and wish I would have read them prior to allowing Dr. Lycette to operate. He is operate-happy and that is all he wants to do. I had surgery, but I am still in pain and Dr. Lycette says there is nothing he can do. Find another doctor and avoid surgery and this doctor at all costs. He could care less about seeing you once he has operated.

|  Rude and Doesn't Listen  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2011

Has the typical attitude of a neurosurgeon. Thinks he is better than most people and should be treated that way. Thinks he is superior. Wouldn't let me talk. He did all the talking. Didn't allow questions and was so matter of fact. I thought a doctor-patient relationship was discussing problems and coming up with solutions together. Find another doctor who will listen and doesn't think he is superior.

|  Only wants to operate!  |  show details
May 15th, 2011

I agree with many of these comments. This doctor only wants to operate and doesn't consider alternative therapiers or recommendations. I asked about physical therapy and was told that surgery was my only option. I will not see him again. To quick to operate. Made me uncomfortable. No nurse in the room when he examined me either.

|  Stay far away  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2011

This doctor messed up the surgery of a former coworker of mine. I didn't know it was him until after I had an appointment. I would never see this doctor again. These reviews are correct. He only wants to operate. Go see another doctor. Stay away. He ruined my friends life and caused permanent damage.

|  Stay away  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2011

I would definitely find another neurosurgeon. This doctor is a bit scary since all he wants to do is operate. I am glad I read these reviews prior to seeing him for a second appointment or even for surgery. There is a reason he is a 'surgeon.' go to University of PA hospital, Johns Hopkins or even the Mayo Clinic. Don't trust this doctor or even the hospital.

|  What a waste of time and copay!  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

I have always heard that neurosurgeon's believe they are superior and this one is no exception. Just wanted to operate without exploring other procedures or alternatives. I asked about chiropractic options and he about ripped my head off. What a self-absorbed doctor.

Mar 11th, 2011

Terrible beside manner and wanted to cut cut cut. I would like someone with a lot more experience than this surfer dude!

|  Terrific Doctor!  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2011

I love Dr Lycette. He was always willing to address all my questions and concerns. He is always respectful and caring to me. Would reccommend him to all.

|  What is it with neurosurgeons?  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

Dr. Lycette was the second neurologist I saw for ongoing problems with my back. They all seem to have an air of superiority and Dr. Lycette was no exception. All he talked about was operating and was quick to schedule a operation date without me having an updated MRI. I switched doctors immediately and I am happy to report that I have not had to have surgery and my pain is managable. Be careful of this doctor. Very quick to operate. I guess he sees $$$$ and feels like he is the big man at the little hospital.

|  Failure  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

I give Dr. Lycette a big fat F for failure. Never been treated so poorly by a doctor. Wanted to operate but wasn't clear on the reasons. When I asked about alternative treatments, he laughed. I wished I would have looked at this web site prior to my appointment.

Dec 29th, 2010

I had two fusions performed by Dr. Lycette. On May of 2007 a cervical fusion was done and on September of 2008 I required a lower back fusion which consisted of a composite disc reinforced with titanium rods and fasteners. The entire staff is first rate and if you require surgery consider the Bethlehem campus for it is an easy access with close parking at any time also provided are private rooms.

|  What a disaster!  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2010

From the moment I made the appointment until I left the office following my office visit, I was treated rudely and unprofessionally. It is true what they say about 'brain surgeons' they have a big head and a small heart. I agree with one of these comments to stay away. Find another doctor. Don't bother.

|  Unprofessional doctor  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2010

Dr. Lycette needs sensitivity training and a course of two on professionalism when dealing with patients. Treated my wife and me like second class citizens. Would never think about seeing him for a second appointment or surgery, which is what he suggested immediately. Stay away. Far away.

|  Made me uncomfortable  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2010

Did not like this doctor at all. Now I know why. These comments say it all.

Oct 7th, 2010

Wish I would have read this review prior to my appointment. I wouldn't have gone for a consultation. Huge waste of time. This doctor only wants to operate. Skip the appointment and see a REAL doctor.

|  Glad I read the reviews  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

Didn't care for Dr. Lycette at all. I wish I would have read these reviews prior to going to my appointment. Didn't strike me as very knowledgeable and did mention surgery as one of the first options.

Jul 18th, 2010

Great orthopaedic surgeon! Have had two fusions done by Dr. Lycette!

|  Not happy  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2010

Your site says an average of 20 minutes to wait. I waited over an hour. And, was given a lame excuse as to why he was late getting to the office. Seemed to be distracted the entire time I was speaking. Didn't look at me, kept glancing at his watch. Was dressed in scrubs, but was suppose to be in the office all day.

|  No way  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2010

Did not like him at all.

Jun 6th, 2010

No personality, seemed like you were wasting his time!

|  Don't agree with comments  |  show details
by Barry on May 15th, 2010

This doctor only wants to operate and doesn't consider other alternative treatments. Never asked what other procedures I have had. Other doctors said I have artritis but Dr. Lycette wanted to operate. Why. Glad I got other opinions. Stay far away.

Mar 18th, 2010

Dr. Lycette worked with me for a year before I elected to have back surgery. He recommended several options of treatments before I finally determined that surgery would be helpful for my medical condition. My surgery has been successful and Dr. Lycette has been working closely with me on my followup visits.

|  Find another doctor  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2010

I agree with many of these comments. Was in a rush during the appointment and wanted to operate. Failed to discuss other surgeries and didn't really listen to my concerns. I will shop around for a doctor with more experience. He is also not board certified. That was a surprise to me when I read it on this web site.

Feb 11th, 2010

the best!

|  Best Neurosurgeon  |  show details
by Pain Free on Nov 17th, 2009

I have seen 3 different surgeons and all they wanted to do is depcompression. I have been dealing with this problem for 14yrs and nothing else orked for me. I met with him and he took care of all my concerns. I would refer every one I know to him!

|  He is neurosurgeon, key word is SURGEON  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2009

According to other comments, he is anxious to operate. Did not discuss other options. I believe if he was located in the hospital that he would have wheeled me into surgery immediately. What about PT or injections? Too self-absorbed and very young. I have changed to another doctor who says that I don't need surgery.

|  In a rush!  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2009

Never sat down during my appointment. Seemed to be in a rush to operate. Felt like he would have wisked me to the operating room at that very moment. I needed time to see other doctors and get a second opinion. He did see the need to consider other alternatives. He is too anxious to operate.

|  Needs more experience  |  show details
by Patient who didn't need surgery! on Jun 28th, 2009

All he wanted to do was to head to the operating room. Why wouldn't he consider other options. I feel he needs more experience. Is he board certified and if not, why not?

|  Needs to go back to medical school  |  show details
by Auby Alexander on Jun 1st, 2009

Would not recommend this doctor. All he wanted to do was operate. Doesn't look at you when he talks. Stands during your appointment. Made me feel uncomfortable.

by Jay Crandall on Apr 15th, 2009

I thought Dr. Lycette was a very friendly, accurate with his diagnosing my problem and I felt I was his only concern. I would return to him again if needed.

Mar 27th, 2009

Told a friend of mine that he was board certified. Contacted the board and he is not. Are doctors allowed to lie to patients. Would never see this doctor again.

|  Worst doctor ever!  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2009

Did not listen to my problems -- wanted to operate immediately without considering other options. Didn't answer questions. Not compassionate and very egotistical. Wouldn't let him operate on my cat.