Dr. Christopher Mawn MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 14th, 2017
The Doctor You Want on Your Side
After discovering that I had a nodular melanoma, the "deadliest and fastest growing" of all melanomas, I was referred to Dr. Mawn and how fortunate I was. Dr. Mawn is an ENT, but also an American Board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who deals frequently with the most difficult cases of melanomas. He took on my case with a real sense of urgency. I was scheduled for an appointment within two days of my referral and by the time I met with him it was obvious that he had carefully studied all of my lab tests and background information. He fast tracked precautionary tests so that by the time I went into surgery he had all the factual information he needed to make the right decisions in the operating room. He was able to remove all of the cancer cells and amazingly, my scarring is almost totally unnoticeable. Much to my relief, Dr. Mawn intends to remain involved in my recovery by following up with first quarterly, then annual check-ups over the next several years. He has also contacted my general practitioner to keep her in the know and to advise her of what she needs to look for in the future. Dr. Mawn is not only a very skilled physician, but he takes a genuine interest in his patients and juggles the system in order to make sure his patients have all the medical technology and resources they need for the best possible outcome. Thanks to him, I can look forward to many years ahead knowing I am under his expert care. He is truly a skilled and caring physician whom I would highly recommend.

July 16th, 2016
I was extremely impressed with his knowledge of my situation and how quickly he responded to my needs. He solved my problem and has made sure all of my needs have been met and his staff stands behind him with their follow up.

December 31st, 2015
Dr. Mawn is an arrogant unsympathetic know it all. If you see him don't question his capabilities or he'll turn into a rude monger.

September 23rd, 2015
Not a good doctor
Dr. Christoper Mawn performed surgery on me for almost seven hours to put a prosthetic bone in my ear. It fell out less than six months later.

April 25th, 2014
Very effective and nice actually listens Knows his stuff

November 2nd, 2013
Dr Mawn, was easy to get an appt with and had the correct diagnosis for me. I suffered from migraines for 30 plus years and sinus infections several times a year. He did sinus surgery on me and I have not had a migraine or infection since. He's great!!!

June 6th, 2012
lifesaver....
Dr.Mawn was my surgeon a few years ago, and it was lifesaving is all thats needed to be said...I will never forget him because I truly think he saved my life

January 30th, 2011
We needed to find an excellent doctor for a child in Lexington, VA who had a broken nose. Dr. Mawn was just what we hoped for. Not only is he an Otolaryngologist, he has a subspecialty in plastic surgery. We have very high standards for doctors because we are from a city with excellent facilities and doctors. Dr. Mawn lived up to all our expectations. Besides being highly proficient, he has an pleasant bedside manner. Thank you, Dr. Mawn!

October 27th, 2010