Dr. Christopher Moeller MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

June 21st, 2016
If you like large incisions, go to moeller's. They have not a clue how to actually do the MOH's procedure. They make a large incision and come out and say, "we got it all". MOHs procedure is to take a small sample, analyze it, take more only if needed, not to take a huge sample and then say, "hey it's all out". Well sure it's all out, you took 10 times more tissue than you needed to on the first run. My wife has a two inch incision for a squamous cell carcinoma that was only about 4 millimeters in length. Maybe they would have need to take more than that small size, but as per MOHs procedure, you only take what you need to take, not a big assed hunk and then proudly acclaim that you "got it all". I'd look somewhere else for someone who actually is trained fully in that procedure. Dr. Johnson is not the one.

June 6th, 2016
poor patient care
My wife had to wait for about 3 weeks to find out that the office had the results of her skin biopsy, and come to find out it was squamous cell carcinoma - not good. Then, they put her surgery off for over a month. Then, at my insistence, they got her on a cancellation list. Ok, now we got an appointment for surgery about 3 weeks earlier. Sounds good. Then they cancelled her surgery and put her off for another 2 weeks because the doctor decided he needed to be gone that day. So, now we're back to nearly the same time as they originally scheduled. If the cancer she has goes to a malignancy, it will be going to an attorney. I would seriously consider going somewhere else if I were you. We are.

December 16th, 2015
AVOID
First off, this office has some amazing staff. There's something fishy with the fact that the providers have all left leaving all but two. One of the providers being gone being dr moeller himself. My appointment has been rescheduled three times due to him being on a medical leave of absence. .. Something just not right. Also , they're being investigated for Medicare fraud, I have my pcp look at me from now on.!

March 28th, 2014
This doctor is a joke
I went to see him because I had problems with my skin on my face. He would not even exam me, touch it, take a speciman; just told me to go somewhere else for medical care. I would not go to this person ever! Thank goodness Dr. Robinouxi took good care of me and my sking has never looked more beautiful. BTW, it was discoid lupus that I had and a couple of medications and a couple of months and that is all it took.

October 14th, 2011
AVOID THIS CREEP AT ALL COST!!!!
Office staff were just friendly enough. But when I saw his nurse practitioner she said my basal cell carcinoma needed Mohs. I checked into him and he is not fellowship trained. He took a weekend course which explains all the botched jobs and lawsuits. His main concern is money so he treats people like cattle. I went to another provider and the nice Pa there treated me with a cream that completely took care of the cancer and left no scar. This guy is a butcher! Stay Clear!

May 3rd, 2011
Find another dermatologist
Overall experience, staff great, rude doctor, a doctor who will tell you whether you can afford him or not. Apparently, he can size you up on your ability to pay by a first time visit. Not impressed with his bedside manners, attitude and he just lost 6 patients just because of his rudeness and acting like a jerk.

December 22nd, 2010
Visit was with the skin enhancement center. Everyone is very professional and the staff there is always helpful.

August 24th, 2009
Always good visits, would recommend.
I see Dr. Moeller's PA, Karen for my psoriasis, she takes very good care of me, I've been coming to their office for over 5 years. Dr. Moeller has stepped in to see me a few times when I had particularly bad flare ups. I always feel well taken care of, and that the staff really cares about my condition and treatment success. I would recommend this doctor's office to anyone.

October 25th, 2008
MOHS SURGEON, I THINK NOT
Dr. Christopher Moeller advertises himself as a "Mohs" surgeon, however, he is not a BOARD CERTIFIED MOHS SURGEON. He has not completed the appropriate education to be board certified, which is an additional 4 years of training after medical school, and passing boards for Mohs surgery. He has attended a "weekend" exam, and is certified by the company that did the teaching, but certainly not a "BOARD CERTIFIED MOHS" surgeon. This is how he operates. Telling just enough to make the big money, and not being honest. When you make an appointment at his office, you are told you will be seeing him, but you end up seeing one of his physician assistant's or nurse clinician's, and they find that every skin cancer, needs the Mohs surgery done.