Dr. Christopher Murry DO Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Portland, ME

3.8

October 25th, 2016
I'm Still Here.
Simply put, Dr. Murry saved my life 14 years ago when he diagnosed my stage 4 localized cancer before the tests came back positive. He sent me on to all the doctors and facilities., and through it all, helped and supported me. A compassion doctor.

September 1st, 2016
I can hear again
After years of rock concerts, farm equipment and fun I stopped being able hear as well as I did when I was younger. Turning the TV up, radio, etc were common. I went and saw Doc and he hooked me right up with the right people to get the hearing aids I need. What I loved was that he wouldn't let anyone sell me the sports package of hearing aids if I didn't need them. He cared about the choices given to me and really made sure it met MY needs. Go see him!

January 7th, 2016
Snoring daughter
We got referred over to Dr. Murry because of my daughter's snoring. We didn't understand why we needed to see an ENT, but we sure we're glad once we did. Dr. Murry really did a great job explaining things to us about how our daughters snoring could be an issue. We went for a sleep study and ended up having our daughters tonsils and adenoids out because of how badly she stopped breathing at night. Dr. Murry was as kind in the hospital as he was in the office. He kept checking in on us and it was nice to see him before we left the next morning. We recommend him for everyone we know!

January 7th, 2016
Stressed Mom Thankful!
Dr. Murry was great with my son. Very kind physician with a great laugh that put both me and my son at ease. It isn't easy having a sick child and Dr. Murry showed nothing but compassion!

January 6th, 2016
great took his time t oexplain my sons condition has geat personalty

January 4th, 2016
Very rude doctor and staff

June 26th, 2015
Tongue Tie
My son was recently born and while we were in the hospital he had a terrible time latching. We met with the lactation team who said he was tongue tied. My wife was upset because she thought it was her fault and I was freaked because I was worried my son, barely a day old, needed surgery. Our pediatrician called Dr. Murry who fit us in based on our convenience. He took us right into the exam room personally and took the first few minutes just to talk to us about how we were doing. Most improtantly, he helped reassure my wife that this was in no way her fault. He then looked at our son, explained that he did need to have his tongue addressed, but explained that he did not need to go to the OR. Dr. Murry explained what would be done and how it would be done. He then had my wife swaddle our son and his assistant took him. We went out to the waiting room and in less than five minutes we were back in the exam room with our son. Our son wasn't crying and Dr. Murry encouraged my wife to try and feed him. They gave us the room and my wife gave it a shot. Our son instantly latched and it was as if there was never an issue. They told us to use the exam room as long as we needed, were never rushed, and Dr. Murry personally walked us out when we were ready to go. The compassion and professionalism showed to us was amazing. We would go back without hesitation.

April 6th, 2015
A real professional !

March 21st, 2015
Voice Problem
I was referred to Dr. Murry because I have been having difficulty with my voice for several years. Unfortunately, every other doctor I saw blamed it on reflux and never took the time to actually evaluate the back of my throat. Dr. Murry used a small camera in his office to be able to show me a video of how I was using the muscles in the back of my throat. While reflux may have been an issue years ago, I had been managing it but had over compensated when I talked. He set me up with speech therapy which has made a world of difference. I finally have my old voice back and sound they way I remembered.

March 18th, 2015
Very rude and shows no empathy

February 18th, 2015
rude, condescending, dismissive. not impressed.

August 3rd, 2014
He saved my husband...
Dr. Murry is the reason my husband is still here. After years of skiing and defiance, my husband was diagnosed with throat cancer. He was in denial and refused to see any doctors. At the suggestion of a friend we went to see Dr. Murry. I guess he usually sees kids but he was willing to take care of my husband. The exam was thorough, he even scoped my husband in the office and showed us the video. He went over biopsy results and talked to us about the need to take out his voice box. While this was new news, it was the first time a doctor asked my husband why he didn't want the surgery. My husband admitted he was scared and Dr. Murry sat next to him and talked to him about why. He told us we needed to make this decision as a couple and gave us the exam room to talk over things. In the end we decided to do the surgery. When it was time for the surgery, Dr. Murry checked on us twice prior to going in the room and came to see me as soon as the procedure was done. When it was over he spent a ton of time with us and he checked on us twice a day while we were in the hospital. My husband was a different person afterwards and he says it was because of Dr. Murry. We love him. Everytime we see him we hug him and thank him for the extra years he has given us. He is like family to us and we trust him more than our other doctors. He is very serious about his work, but he smiles and has a big laugh. He recommend him to everyone and are lucky to have met him.