Surgical Specialist
9430 Park West Blvd
Ste 310
Knoxville, TN 37923
865-690-5263
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  He collapsed my lung during  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

Had routine port surgery, he never introduced himself. Nurse was drinking a soda IN the operating room! Told the nurses IMMEDIATELY following surgery I was having trouble breathing and upper back pain, they told me it was normal and sent me out the door. Called premiere surgical approx. 6 times telling them I was having shortness of breath, told each time this was normal! Called Dr.Pollock's personal nurse, she checked with him he said if was not getting worse it would "probably" resolve itself. Then a surgeon friend told me this is NOT normal, you call and DEMAND a chest x-ray. I did and found after complaining for SIX days yes my lung was collapsed and I was down to 60% oxygen and in unnecessary pain, lost 10-12 pounds and result was I went into chemotherapy with a weakened body! I understand mistakes happen during surgery but I was VERY verbal to them after my surgery I was having back pain and shortness of breath for DAYS and each time I was told this was normal. I also had to PAY extra for this mistake. I had an additional surgery (chest tube insertion) to re-inflate my lung. Horrible experience, horrible follow up. Why not do a simple diagnostic and put an Oxymeter on my finger to measure my oxygen saturation in the blood, it takes all of five seconds. This routine procedure was anything but routine for me! Staff at the Papermill location were extremely unprofessional, they were talking about inappropriate personal things before operating room and in the OR.

|  AAA Surgery  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2012

Diagnosed and corrected an aortic aneurysm quicky with great results. An excellent physician who I would trust with any future vascular issues.

|  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

Very pleased with this doctor.

|  Would let him be my doctor anytime  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2010

I've been having blood vessel problems and cramps for some time now. My doctor sent me to him to see if I needed blood vessel surgery. He found a clot in one of my leg arteries and did a bypass on my leg. My cramps are gone and I only had to be in the hospital 2 days. He is the most caring physician I have met in a long time and I wish more doctors would learn from him. I hope I don't need him again but would let him be my doctor anyday. Thank you so much Dr. Pollock!

|  Very bad breast cancer operation.I would not trust him to hem my pants.  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2009

He performed a botched breast biopsy which was inaccurate and read benign, He then performed a lumpectomy and not only was it positive, he did not get a clear margin (meaning he did not get all of the surrounding cancer). His surgical performance was so poor that I had to wait seven weeks to be re-operated on because of the massive bruising. I then had to also have lymph nodes removed. He did not care and was quite arrogant about the whole situation.PLEASE avoid him.