Dr. Christopher Prater MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Chattanooga, TN

3.4

September 5th, 2016
Pushes his views, doesn't listen to your needs.
I'm a suboxone patient, haven't used him for long but this guy is adamant about his way being the only way. He has a god complex and assumes that because he was once an addict he knows all. If you're spiritual and religious that's great, but pushing the 12 steps on everyone and telling them they have to have a spiritual experience is really damaging. He forces tapers when he wants them to happen and doesn't accept insurance. His prices are also higher than most, I was even forced to genetic testing for his statistics obsession during the brief time I was there. Do not recommend this doctor, if you're heavily religious and plan to use suboxone as a very brief and temporary tool, he can work, but if you need to work on a lot in your life in the long term and aren't religious, this is about the worst man you can go to for help. 1/10, would rather die of withdrawal on the street than go back to him. So glad I found someone else two months ago.

November 24th, 2015
You couldn't ask for a more caring knowledgeable guy.he saved my life

August 15th, 2013
Senior Patients
Excellent physician....he took us into his practice when no one else would as we are both over age 65. He and his staff are caring and interested in our problems and listen to us. He explained his primary practice to us and we totally understand that sometimes our appointment might be interrupted by one of his other patients and knowing in advance that this might happen, makes it totally okay with us.

March 9th, 2013
Best doctor ever
This doctor is very detailed when he talks to you and he uses visual aids to explain

October 13th, 2011
This is a wolf in sheep's clothing what a unprofessional office total chaos stay away this man is only in this business to get you hooked and take your money

October 13th, 2011
stay away
This is a very unprofessional office with chaos running rampid there is no organization at all the staff if not in touch with the patients it is just ...

September 20th, 2010
Has the Answer for Everything
I started seeing Dr Prater after he became my daughter's doctor. She is a special needs young lady and Dr Prater would come to my home to treat h ...