Dr. J Pruitt MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Colorado Springs, CO

April 16th, 2015
Waste of Time and Money
I brought my autistic daughter to see him, as he was very helpful with my son's issues a few years back. We waited over 45 minutes to see him and spent less than 10 minutes with him. After I shared my concerns regarding my daughter's chronic sinus infections, her delays in speech and communication, and not having hearing tests in more than two years, he basically communicated that he couldn't help her and I would do better bringing her to a pediatric ENT locally. This is after I paid a $50 co-pay, waited to see him, and waited 2 weeks to get in to begin with. This is not COOL, not OK, and not fair. I don't know what happened to caring about the patient and helping with symptoms. Ask a lot of questions before you book an appointment as I wasn't told her didn't treat children and that he couldn't help special needs' children.

December 5th, 2013
Hour late, gave me a medication I told him didn't work
I waited over an hour to see Dr. Pruitt. He didn't apologize for his lateness, and I think his medical assistant told him I was upset about having to wait so long, which only added insult to injury when no apology was forthcoming. I told him I was having no relief from any over the counter allergy medications anymore, and he still told me to get on OTC that no longer works for me--obviously he wasn't listening to me and probably just wanted to get rid of me because I had the audacity to complain over his extreme tardiness. No suggestion of allergy skin testing or any follow up. I found him arrogant and perfunctory. Guess I'm not supposed to be upset when a doctor keeps me waiting so long with no explanation, but I have to be there 30 minutes ahead of my appointment so I don't keep HIM waiting. I will not be recommending Dr. Pruitt to anyone.

October 30th, 2012
Dr. Pruitt
Dr. Pruitt is a GREAT Doctor. I have been going to him for many years and his demeanor and kindness is always present. I would refer anyone to him.

August 7th, 2012
Sinus Surgery
I would highly recommend him for sinus surgery. No complications and it is more than evident he knows what he is doing. My surgery was performed 5 years ago. With his recommended follow up of Allergy Testing and Immunotherpy (Allergy Drops), the number of sinus infections has dropped from about 11 per year requiring antibiotics to usually one. As far as bedside manner, you might not view him as one to be a conversationalist but just know he is there to improve your quality of life and will do what he can to make sure it happens.

July 26th, 2012
Dr. Pruitt treated our family as if we were his own! He is very compassionate, very caring, and very professional.

April 5th, 2012
Highly recommended from a musician
Over my life I've had 4 timpanoplasties (ear drum repairs), plus other procedures by Dr. Pruitt. He has done great things for my hearing, and I enjoy making music thanks to him. My hearing is better than that of most of my friends. I won't trust my ears to anyone else. Highly recommended.

May 24th, 2011
Withheld critical information
While his surgical skills are quite good, his failure to provide information gleaned from a test proved hazardous to my health.