Obstetrician & Gynecologist

3272 W Lake Mary Blvd
Ste 1810
Lake Mary, FL 32746
407-688-9898
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

by Crystal on Apr 22nd, 2013

I saw Dr. Quinsey for the first time today for a general gyn wellness visit. His office had a nice warm feel, and his staff was very pleasant. I wasnt too happy about having a male GYN Dr as I always have ad a female but I have to say, he made me feel comfortable. He came in before I was told to undress and introduced himself, going over my medical history and asked if I had any questions. During the actual exam he explained everything he was going to do before he did it, and was very gentle, thorough, yet quick with the exam. The only thing that bothered me was that I shared w/him I had just treated myself for a yeast infection and felt the OTC hadnt worked. I expressed that I was in a lot of discomfort and could I get an RX. He replied he needed to send off to a lab to verify the problem before he could give me a script and that the results would be in at the end of the week. It bothered me that he didnt seem to worry too much that I had to go another week with the discomfort but I guess I wouldnt want a Dr that was just throwing out scripts either. All in all, it was a lovely experience, and I will go back.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Quinsey's for over 13 years now. He's be involved in the delivery of all 3 of my kids, plus he did a FANTASTIC surgical job when I needed it. He is kind, caring, and very knowledgeable. I plan to have Dr. Quinsey as my doctor for years to come!

Aug 8th, 2011

Dr. Quinsey is a WONDERFUL Doctor! He delivered my 2 children and I can't wait to have a third! Dr. Quinsey is kind and professional. I feel very comfortable around him and am confident that I am getting the best care available. I would reccomend him to everyone.

Aug 2nd, 2011

I was most comfortable with the doctor and the staff was great too.Hardly any wait at all and the doctor took the necessary time to answer my question.Sincerely, Linda Young

by Kelly & Anthony on May 18th, 2011

i went to visit Dr Quincey and was some what pleased i guess you can say he was a little stand offish and somewhat a people person...he honestly was not a horrible doctor just certain things really were unbelievable in his actions...i had insurance issues and my first visit was pretty decent after that DR QUINCEY himself called and told me he could not see me til i paid $2400 or even half!!! From my 1st visit since my insurance was not valid yet, with him knowing i was at very high risk with my pregnancy, i later told him once my insurance was through i will no longer want him as my doctor due to the unbelievable request he was asking for before i had another prenatal visit he wouldnt even accept our co pay or actual check up fees unless we paid that full amount, i was so dumbfounded because who can pay that amount even half immediately like that...the best part was DR QUINCEY sent us a letter stating he wont participate as a doctor to us even after i told him i didnt want to continue with his services he later wrote our insurance company rude complaints about me and my visit with him that could have potentially hurt my process in recieving full benefits... i was very displeased with him and would never recommend Dr Christopher Quincey to anyone,if you would like compassionate, caring but a stern doctor Dr Anthony Perrin is literally 2 blocks down from dr quincey...

Doctor's Response

In reviewing my profiles from time to time, I am usually quite receptive of constructive criticism of my care for patients as I strive to improve my skills as a physician. However I cannot allow the comments above to be viewed unchallenged as they are grossly inaccurate. I do not feel this is the forum to discuss the details of my encounter with this couple for possible breach of confidentiality reasons. Suffice it to say that the information provided above by this couple is incorrect. One can probably come to this conclusion on their own in light of the fact that if they did not even spell my name correctly, how can the rest of this story be credible. I certainly wish them the best of luck with their future care. Christopher K. Quinsey, MD

|  Positive experiences for 12 years!  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

I was recommended to this practice over 12 years ago for a second opinion regarding female problems. Dr. Quinsey was the dr. I saw and have seen only him ever since. I love this man! I can see where he may come off as stand-offish, but I just made him talk with me and now we hug and laugh when we see each other. He has delivered my 3 children. With my second pregnancy I was high risk and he gave me his personal cell phone number. He has shown a true concern for me and ob/gyn issues I have had over the years. My sister now goes to him as well as friends of mine. I'm sorry that others have not had a good experience with him, but I have had nothing but positive experiences and would highly recommend him!Melissa Kinsey

Dec 31st, 2009

My first experience with AWHS was the the PA, Kristin, who is wonderful. So I was surprised at how badly my appt went with Dr Quinsey. The first red flag was he walked in without a chart and didn't even bother to look up my records on the examining room computer. Second, he was completely unaware that I have endometriosis and became very irritated every time I mentioned that word, like I had no business bringing the subject up. He was also completely unaware that I currently had a prescription for the patch. Completely inexcusable. His response to me being there was to give me a bunch of pamphlets and tell me to make a decision about what kind of treatment I wanted. He was cold, distant and completely uninterested in helping me. I will never go to him again. Kristin, however, I would recommend to anyone.

|  This Dr. learned his bedside manner, in a fast food drive through.  |  show details
by L. B. on May 15th, 2009

This Dr. has no empathy or respect for other peoples feelings. He told me I miscarried then asked "when I wanted to take the (dead baby out)". I immediately left his office only to be contacted by another Dr. in his practice, Dr Parker, Very nice and careing. He was able to walk me through the proceedures I needed and do them promptly.