Dr. Christopher Cole MD Patient Reviews

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Colorado Springs, CO

February 17th, 2015
in need of an ablation
I was referred by my cardiologist and I traveled several hours for a consultation. I waited 45 minutes in the waiting room and then another 2 hours in the exam room. When he finally made it for the consultation there was no apology or explanation for his lack of promptness and he was condesending and rude. I ended up going to another surgeon at another hospital.

December 31st, 2014
Great PA, David
I saw Dr. cole only one time prior to my ablation. All subsequent visits were with his PA, who is very kind and knowledgeable. I continued with Afib, after the ablation, have tried a variety of medications and now am considering another type of treatment. At this point I don't know how I feel about the doc. I do know I am very frustrated by my lack of results.

July 9th, 2014
patient
I had a very bad experience with surgery by Dr. Cole. He implanted my defibrillator and did not program the LIA correctly. Therefore, when my Sprint Fidelis Lead broke I my alarm did not go off. I got 12 very painful inappropriate shocks and could have died had I not been near assistance. When I called him (many times) to explain what happened it took him four months to return my call. I was simply trying to help prevent this from recurring. He was simply focused on avoiding a lawsuit rather than understanding his responsibility and helping to avoid a recurrence. I do not recommend him.

September 19th, 2013
former patient
I had a negative experience in surgery with Dr. Cole. I had to have a second surgery to repair a problem he caused during the surgery he did, and did not detect until I came out of surgery. Then I got many inappropriate shocks from my defibrillator (12) because he did not program my device appropriately, which was very important given I had the recalled Sprint Fidelis Lead.

May 7th, 2011
I could never complain about the quality of care. That goes for everyone at Colorado Springs Cardiology.

April 11th, 2011
I can only speak for myself
My Afib worsened after my procedure with Dr. Cole, dramatically. I was told that many people with my type of AFib may require additional procedures & was mentally ready for that- BUT after my condition worsened Dr. Cole did not respond- he was just done with me. No after care, no other options, nothing but stark contempt. It was like he was annoyed at my heart's failure to simply stop Afibbing after his "miracle handed" procedure. Looking back it really was.."OH you again? Your not fixed? Well, go away now." Thankfully I found ( on my own ) a skilled Doc at Keiser Health in Denver & am over a year med & fib free. No thanks to Dr. Cole. I dont want to sound bitter, this happened in my case. I have no axes to grind, I am better thanks to another doctor. I have another Doctor to thank & another doctor within the same field I can compare to Dr. Cole's level of treatment & care.

February 18th, 2011
Knows what he's doing!!
Dr. Cole worked my husband in when we contacted him - from Florida - when the two cardiologists we saw here wanted to treat him with meds (for symptoms) vs. treating his a-fib with an ablation. My husband could have been on medication for the rest of his life and would have had to stop his endurance sport training if it wasn't for the progressive and experienced attention he receive from Dr. Cole. Quality of life is fantastic after the surgery and we are so thankful for the wonderful experience! We would travel again to Colorado in a heartbeat if needed just to see Dr. Cole.

December 16th, 2010
When I went to see Dr Cole, he was recommended by another physician. As long as he can "fix you" he is ok, but if you come with difficulties he doesn't want to give you the time that should be given, it is your heart for goodness sake!!!.

July 14th, 2010
I am not sure I understand some elements of medical reviews. Dr. Cole is a specialist in electrophysiology and a patient should want someone that performs this task well and often. As a patient I am glad he stopped my a-fibs completely. He knows what he is doing and is highly recommended by a number of physicians that I know. That office has the best PA's too.

February 23rd, 2009
Very Poor Bedside
Dr. Cole wants to do one thing, surgery, he doesnt want to bother with you as a person or see you as a human being. You are a symptom, that he thinks he can "fix" ( and he will say fix..not cure). He will not see you after, and he will only see you once, when you schedule surgery. Other than that you will see his PA.