Dr. Christopher Recknor MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 3rd, 2015
Wonderful doctor! Only complaint is with the automated phone system he has in place. I prefer to talk to a person. It has been difficult to get through to schedule appointments.

March 2nd, 2015
I can't say enough about the care we received from Dr. Recknor. He goes above and beyond what is expected to make sure that his patients are well cared for. He takes a personal interest in making you as healthy as you can be. His communication is excellent and his bedside manner is very pleasant.

December 16th, 2014
Great experience over all. Very easy to get appointment, no wait time in office, great and friendly guy!

November 25th, 2014
Favorite Physician
Being an athlete himself, Dr Recknor understood my need to continue with sports activities. While other doctors suggested I retire from bicycling and other sports due to spinal issues, he took the time necessary to help me recover, rehabilitate and resume my athletics. I had grown weary with doctors telling me I had to "retire" due to issues with my back. Dr Recknor through meds and rehab got mte back in the game. If other doctors have given up on you, go see a man who understands that staying in the game is an important part of quality of life.

November 25th, 2014
Outstanding Care
I have been seeing doctor Recknor for several years and have been extremely satisfied. He is very detail oriented and tends to find issues undiagnosed by others completely unrelated to issue referred to him for. I have recommended him to family and friends with all thanking me afterwards. Most do like I and move to him as primary care physician.

November 24th, 2014
Compassionate Man and Doctor
Dr Recknor is the most thorough Internal Med doctor around. He is sure to order testing appropriate to your needs and as long as you make him aware of your budget he works with it as well to get you what you need via testing or meds. He is sure to provide routine follow up appts needed along with labs while also working with you via email or phone to save you visits as well. He has always been there for me as a physician and it saddens me how people have spoken of him on here. I have personal friends on Medicare who have chosen one of his care packages and they say it is worth every penny to have a physician who treats them as a whole patient not just a number. I have also had family who could not afford to continue with a care package option and Dr. Recknor and his staff helped in every way to ensure their healthcare was transferred to a competent physician replacement, and covered their meds until they could get an appt with a new physician. I DO NOT believe Dr. Recknor would quit filling a patients meds without helping them get set up with a new physician, the patient must take some responsibility in their follow up care when physicians change, it is not a physicians responsibility to give you unlimited time and refills if they are no longer following to his it? Very frustrated with negative reviews of this doctor. As far as I'm concerned he's the best around, I'll continue to recommend him highly to all.

October 24th, 2014
Disappointing experience with a doctor who is a real sham, money grubber
I thought at first that he was brilliant, but I became increasingly skeptical. He had the same answers for everyone, and other doctors who saw what he wrote said that much of it was just for effect, not accurate.

October 21st, 2014
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Recknor and his staff are very professional and I have received excellent diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up. I would and have recommended Dr. Recknor to my friends and family.

June 6th, 2014
Osteoporosis specialist who does not accept Medicare?
Recknor came with a high recommendation from a doctor I respect. I went to him for almost 2 years, but I became increasingly skeptical. He seemed to have many "pat" answers and wanted to impress me with his huge knowledge, but after getting me totally involved in a medical regimen of very specialized drugs and special therapy, he dropped Medicare. His Medicare patients had the choice of an expensive contract or "so long." And it was all handled very rudely by the front office person.

November 26th, 2013
Unethical, abandons his patients!
After many years of treating me, last month Dr Recknor had one of his staff call to inform me that he was dropping me as a patient because he would no longer take Medicare. This occurred one month after he personally reassured me in his office that he would continue to be my primary care dr.. He left me in a dire and dangerous medical emergency without adequate medication, and did not even give me the courtesy of referring me to other drs to see that my medical care would proceed without interruption. Sadly, he has shown by his behavior that he ONLY cares about the almighty dollar. Shame on him! Patient abandonment is unethical behavior in the medical field and he is smart enough to know that,,,, -- but doesn't give a hoot!

October 31st, 2011
The entire staff was outstanding! He spent time talking to me and the nurse entered the information in the computer- even the letter to my primary doctor- so I was informed. I liked the idea of having a complete workup as to why my bone density was low. All my labs were covered by insurance although the office explained that I may want to verify this before getting them since there are so many companies with different policies. Although I am not phobic about taking a med I would prefer not to if possible. Investigating the meds further only one has an old black box warning (Forteo) which apparently never has shown any concern in humans. Turns out that the reason my bone density was low was related to my kidney stones. I was not prescribed a "usual" osteoporosis medication but given a fluid pill to prevent me from loosing calcium. Glad I had a complete evaluation.

August 13th, 2011
At first I was impressed, but later I realized he ordered so many unnecessary tests that my insurance would not pay for without consulting me first. Very disappointed and it was very hard to talk to their billing person with getting the information to my insurance company. He prescribes a lot of the osteoporosis drugs that have been fast-tracked through the FDA that have horrible side effects and black box warnings. He was recommending Prolia for me which is a shot. He told me I would have no side effects. I went home and researched it first and found out about the black box warning. I also found out that he sells these drugs himself so is inclined to push them. One should really do their homework about these drugs before letting any doctor prescribe them. They can make your bones harder but more brittle because they do not flex like real bone does. His personality is likable and you want to believe everything he says. I felt rushed during my visit as he had an assistant typing everything he was saying to me.