Orthopaedic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon
8550 W 38th Ave
Ste 106
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
303-421-1440
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Dr Wilson saved my hand  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2013

I lead an Active life; play hockey, windsurf, Mt Biking, Camping, and the most important activity, actually a passion of life, is my music. I play guitar and piano. I had a very freak accident playing hockey and was hit in the hand by a hard shot that hit right on the seam of my Hockey glove and literally shattered my knuckle and broke the top of my hand into many pieces. I had a bulge of broken bone in the palm of my hand. Dr. Wilson rebuilt my hand. Through vigorous rehab, I am back playing guitar and piano and enjoy full functionality of my Right hand. After playing hockey for 25 years post college, I have now retired but not until I played for three more years after the hand surgery! His dedication to saving/reconstructing my hand is something I will appreciate the rest of my life.

|  I want another Dr.  |  show details
by Cheryl Mapes on Oct 29th, 2013

I went in to see Dr. Wilson on Oct 28 2013. He was abrupt and impatient with my questions. Surgery is a scarey and big deal to me even if it is not to him. He made me feel like I was imposing on him. I am going to ask for another Dr. No way is this guy cutting on me.

Sep 12th, 2011

He gave me all of my optionsand listened to my needs. Very professional and very detailed. Would recommend to all of my friends and family..Great office staff as well.

Mar 25th, 2011

Dr. Wilson may be a good surgeon, but is a horrible "people person," with a terrible bedside manner. He performed a tendon sheath release surgery on my thumb joint, which provided no benefit. After several follow-up visits, and when it became obvious the surgery was a failure, he hastily changed his diagnosis to basal thumb osteoarthritis, and said I'd need another different, more invasive surgery, then immediately left the room. I was stunned. I went to another hand surgeon who literally said "BS" to the osteoarthritis diagnosis, and recommended to me to simply be patient, and that "these things tend to quiet down on their own." The tendinitis eventually abated over the next year or so. No surgery needed.I cannot recommend this hand surgeon.

|  great!!  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

I had a great experience.. I have been to many Dr's for my problem and he was the only one who diagnosed and treated my problem correctly.. For the first time i am pain free.. Everyone at his office is wonderful.. would go back and recommend him

Nov 5th, 2010

Dr. Wilson is extremely condescending with a horrible bedside manner. During my surgery, they had a hard time getting my IV in my hand. Dr. Wilson, instead of talking me through it and actually caring, rolled his eyes,walked away and started texting on his phone as if he was too good for the situation. Thank goodness for the nurse and the fabulous anesthesiologist...they were incredible. I have never seen him smile and he bragged about being voted the best hand doctor in the state. I would never recommend him to anybody. In addition, my hand is not fixed; it is actually worse and I have to go to a different specialist. However, I must say the only thing he has going for him is he has an exceptionally sweet staff working for him. They were wonderful.

Jun 1st, 2010

Dr. Wilson failed to notice that my daugher's hand injury was not healing, despite symptoms, and refused to take additional x-rays. Each visit was a rude brush-off. His advice was based on the assumption that the injury was healing, although it wasn't. The result was worsening of the inuury, which required surgery (by another specialist, thank goodness). The injury will never fully heal, thanks to Wilson. In addition, Wilson's office charged an outrageous amount for minor medical supplies, without telling us that (a) the supplies could be purchased for one-tenth of the amount at a drug store (or even a pet store!!), or (b) that the insurance company would not reimburse us. Highway robbert. Dr. Wilson caused our family a great deal of physical and emotional pain. I will never go back.