3.0

Patient show details Patient
by Ray Lahey on Oct 15th, 2015

To Whom it May Concern When I was 13 years old I had 3 pins put into my right hip for a slipped epiphysis. I knew that in my 50’s or 60’s they would have to be dealt with as the body bone mass changes with age. On July 14th 2015 I was at a golf outing with a client and my hip went out. I waited a week or so but the pain worsened it’s was evident I needed to see an orthopedic specialist. We are so grateful to have found Scranton Orthopedic Specialists. From the moment we arrived for the very first visit it became evident how professional this organization was. It’s remarkable as soon as you enter the facility the professionalism of the entire operation and staff can’t go unnoticed. The entire staff is so courteous and professional. If you have a 1pm appointment, you are sitting in the exam room at 1pm and your Dr. is there on time and ready to give you as much time as you need. Based on the pre visit interview and due to the preexisting condition Dr. Christopher Samujh was my assigned to my case. I am 57 years old, have had many surgeries and lots of contact with the medical community around the tri state area of NY, NJ and PA. I can attest to the fact that Dr. Samujh is not only the MOST talented surgeon he has great Dr. to Patient communication skills highlighted by his unassuming demeanor and communication with you as a patient and a person. He is genuine and sincere. After a thorough exam and x-rays Dr. Samujh gave me a complete overview of my condition and options. His recommendation was a total hip replacement. He encouraged me to go for a second opinion and assured me he would not in any way be insulted if we did. We made some phone calls to people who knew staff members in the hospital industry in Scranton and received nothing but rave reviews on Dr. Samujh. Operating room staff in several hospitals raved about his skills. We decided he was our guy and went with it. So glad we did. For my procedure the entire staff, starting with our case manager Crystal Blepp and Dr. Samujh’s Physician’s Assistant Shawna Sandy they made such a big procedure one that was easier to manage because of their professionalism and dedication to the patient and the Dr they worked for. The entire staff is very accomdating. My hip is great, I am playing golf and looking forward to a full active life again. If I need the other one done I know where to go!! Cordially Raymond P. Lahey October 15, 2015

Aug 17th, 2015

His nurse Krystal is absolutely amazing and is about the only good thing I have to say about Scranton Ortho. Dr. Samujh himself was very caring and nice although the appointments seemed rushed. He was great with following up on me though. Things took a turn for the worse when he got the MRI results back and referred me to his partner, Dr. Siebecker who ended up just making my foot worse than it was before I came. I will never go back to this practice because of my experience with Siebecker.