Overall Review

June 5th, 2014
Dr. Shamblin is an excellent doctor. He seems to genuinely care about his patients' issues, and is willing to discuss different treatment options at length in spite of how busy his office is. Even when it's very clear that he's tired, he doesn't let it come at the expense of good treatment. My only complaints here would be that the wait time is quite a while even after you're taken back to your room, and that some of his expectations on how much a patient needs to put up with are sometimes unrealistic. On the former, I understand that really can't be helped sometimes. On the latter, he seems to be tough as nails so I understand his disposition, but I hope he understands at some point how differently people process and live with physical pain. I stopped seeing him only because I felt I should see a female doctor regarding other issues, but I would recommend him to anyone. He really does seem to care about the people he's treating.

April 22nd, 2012
rudeness w/ dr and staff
Rudeness w/ Dr and staff. I had a 11:15 am appt and it wad one before being seen. Then five minute and rude comments regarding my abdominal scars. Then he walks out. I had seen him before, something's changed. Find a different Dr.. you will be healthier for it.

April 13th, 2012
Compassonate
Dr. Shambles is compassionate with good bedside manner. Many Dr's could learn from him .He's a great person as well.

June 5th, 2011
Very personable
Dr. Shamblin has a great bedside manner! He's kind, humble and patient, and showed real regard for me as an individual. He spent longer than average with me during my doctor visits and he never made me feel like a number or a hassle, as some doctors are apt to do. The only negative I experienced was that it took him several months to order tests for a back problem I'd been having, and it turned out that I needed surgery (and therefore could've been without pain much sooner). HOWEVER, while I believe he should've ordered the tests 'just in case' this is not something I hold against him because I had some other problems that were outweighing attention to my back at the time.

May 16th, 2011
Dr. Shamblin is the only doctor I've ever gone to that doesn't treat me as if I am stupid because I don't have a medical degree. He realizes a person knows their own body and knows if something is just not right. He will listen if you tell him what you think is wrong and will send you for tests to check that problem out. Other doctors I've gone to get defensive if I tell them what I think is wrong and they will check out everything else instead of what I tell them, thus wasting a lot of my valuable time.

September 2nd, 2010
He is now at Sweetwater Hospital
My family and I have been patients of Dr. Shamblin's for a few years now. He is totally amazing at his work. We moved with him when he left ETMG to Sweetwater because we like him so much. I must say though that I don't like the place so much that he is at now. But I will endure to see him. For one it is an hour away (but I knew that when I transferred with him). And just lately it seems the staff (not Dr. Shamblin) at the hospital have had some real issues. Over all he is worth the trouble for our family. He literally saved my life. He is the one doctor my husband will listen to and the one doctor that I trust with my life.

February 5th, 2009
This doctor is very good at his job.
Dr. Shamblin is a gifted listener. He waits for input, he understands it, and he is very good at accurately diagnosing and treating the problem. My husband and I often discuss how very fortunate we are to have found Dr. Shamblin in our old age when so many problems crop up. Having him gives us a wonderful sense of being taken seriously by a doctor who seems to be, as I said, gifted.