Dermatologists

1741 Erickson Ave
# B
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
540-442-6619
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Called for an appointment... NOT !!!  |  show details
by JMU mother on May 5th, 2014

What a RUDE office. I too was hung up on. I asked very nicely if they had any appts. for this Friday and I was rudely asked, "your son has never been here before?, our new patients are into Sept. scheduling." Before I could say thank you or if I wanted a Sept, appt. (which I would not) she HUNG up. I'm guessing this OLD MAN doctor and his old lady that answers the phone is the same rude person from the other review dated 12/20/2010. I too am a JMU mother. This rude office needs to retire. I have called all the other Derm. doctor offices in Harrisonburg before Dr. Sheap's office and was treated extremely well and with kindness. Time to let the new generation of doctors take over, there's more than 1 man in town now.

|  Professionalism and knowledge  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

Dr Sheap is the most knowledgable dermatologist I have seen. I feel confident in his diagnosis and treatments.

|  Saved my life  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

Dr. Sheap saved my life by extremely early detection of a melanoma which was excised by a surgeon within a few days after its discovery. Dr. Sheap has always been deeply concerned about my (and my children's, my friends', my ex husband's) physical well-being.

|  Hung up on me when I tried to schedule!  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

Dr. Sheap ONLY sees new patients at 9:00AM. I explained that my daughter is a straight "A" student and would not want to miss school. The receptionist asked the doctor for a 3:00PM time but then returned to reiterate his 9:00AM policy. As I was replying I heard the doctor's voice and then the phone went dead. When the receptionist had first taken my call she pulled up my record and confirmed my information, including phone number. But she did not call me back!!!