Dr. Christopher Sliva MD Patient Reviews

retired professional educator
Highly recommend

August 30th, 2016
MR.
Dr. Sliva Rocks , When I woke from anesthesia I was no longer in pain as I had before going to surgery. I used my pain meds for about a week after surgery for the surgical pain and after that it has been Tylenol only. Thanks Dr. Sliva for giving me my life back !

July 20th, 2016
Highly recommend Dr. sliva
Dr. Sliva is my medical hero! I have my life back now, following a fusion of L 4-5. Sleep and mobility and overall mood were recovered after this procedure. He and his team - and the setting and surgical experience at Swedish American Hospital - all rate TOPS.

July 12th, 2016
Dr. Sliva and staff were extremely professional and empathetic to my problem. He quickly diagnosed my problem and gave me an honest opinion on how to alleviate my pain. No reservations with my procedure or outcome. Glad to be pain free and able to spend time with family doing the things I enjoy!

June 23rd, 2016
My experience with Dr. Sliva (including staff) was exceptional. He explained everything about the procedure so there was absolutely no ambiguity. He listens and answered all my questions. The procedure went flawlessly and as a result, I am a new man. He performed a very thorough follow-up. I would also like to recognize Dr. Sliva's nurse (Megan). She went out of her way to meet my many requests and to answer many of my questions during recovery.

June 21st, 2016
Professional musician
I've suffered ruptured disc pain since taking a bad fall more than 20 years ago. Various options never rid me of the pain, so I decided to just live with it. Recently, I seriously re-injured my back, but this time the pain was so intense, I couldn't even walk and was forced to use a wheelchair. I'm so glad my primary physician referred me to Dr. Sliva at the Rockford Spine Center. From the very first contact with office staff and with Dr. Sliva, I felt like they cared for me as they would a member of their own family - not exaggerating! They patiently listened to and answered all my questions and were always very caring. After x-rays and an MRI, it was clear that my injury warranted (TLIF) surgery. RSC handled every single detail, from insurance authorizations to calling and scheduling any needed pre-op or post-op appointment with primary physician, labs, hospital, PT, you name it. Their communication with me was great and absolutely everything was taken care of for me. I was thoroughly educated by Dr. Sliva about the procedure, what to expect, before-during-after, and what to do to ensure the best success and he was always willing to take the time to explain everything thoroughly. It's been 6 weeks now since I had the surgery, and other than the incision pain, I woke up from surgery totally pain free! I was so happy, I cried tears of joy! No words can describe the relief I felt after so many years of pain and after the more recent pain-filled time in the wheelchair! Follow-up has been wonderful and though there's still some tingling in the tips of a couple toes, I know the nerves are healing, as I feel better each day. Thank you, Dr. Sliva for giving me my life back!

April 7th, 2016
I would recommend Dr. Sliva to anyone with lower lumbar issues. I am a runner and he has given me hope to be able to run long distance again in my future.

March 16th, 2016
Amazing Surgeon
This doctor is amazing. I had a 2 level spinal fusion 7 weeks ago and I am very nearly pain free. He is kind, compassionate and an extremely skilled surgeon. His whole staff is wonderful. I had a horrible experience with a different back surgeon 8 years ago, so I was very nervous and wary of meeting Dr. Sliva. But, I was so happy with him that I recommend anyone with back pain to go to him. He has given my quality of life back.

March 15th, 2016
I could not be more pleased with the outcome. I was told that I would be off work for 2-6 weeks but it was only one week. Pain free six weeks after surgery after suffering chronic back pain for several years.

February 24th, 2016
Review for Dr. Sliva
Would definitely recommend Dr. Sliva and Rockford Spine Center. Wonderful doctor and I felt very confident having him as my doctor.

December 12th, 2015
Back surgery
I'm so happy I chose Dr. Sliva! I have no complaints! He's kind and very knowledgeable. His staff are great, too, I was never made to feel uncomfortable. I tell everyone that needs a surgeon of his type, all about my experience. Yes, I absolutely recommend him to family, my friends and anyone else that would benefit from his expertise. I wish he did knee surgery.

September 2nd, 2015
I would recommend Dr. Sliva and his practice to any of my friends.