Dr. Christopher Smith MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 3rd, 2014
Would recommend
I seen Dr. Smith for a fissure. He was a nice guy, very gentle and informative. He took the time to answer any questions. I was in and out in a half hour. The meds he prescribed were a pain in the butt (no pun intended) but before I left the office he told me exactly where to get it filled if my pharmacy couldn't make it. I would definitely recommend. And his lpn sandy is such a wonderful woman.

February 18th, 2013
Miracle worker for Pilonidal Cyst - Cleft Lift
His Bascom Pit Removal / Cleft Lift surgery for a pilonidal cyst changed my life for the better. I was healed in 2 weeks, and have not had any issues in 2 years following. He was not the most friendly or the most prompt - I don't care though, as he did his job flawlessly and potentially saved my life. He answered all my questions. I don't expect to form relationships with specialists that I may only see once or twice - I expect that from my family doctor. After suffering for nearly 18 years with a pilonidal cyst - I had delayed surgery as long as I could do to traditional surgery taking 2 months to heal and lots of gauze packing of the wound (and lots of pain). He told me that he knows and talks to Dr. Bascom about his techniques. I don't know if Bascom named a procedure after himself, but I think surgeons that are practicing his method might be showing reverence to Bascom's pioneering of a non-open healing procedure. Funny thing is - He had no idea that he was in the pilonidal hall of fame for surgeons. He slightly blushed when I told him that I drove a few hours just to come and see him for this procedure.

March 13th, 2012
never again beware he leaves you in serious pain
Second surgery I seen Dr Smith for. Forgot how horrible he was to me 4 years ago or I would never have gone back to see him. Sent me to the Wisconsin Surgery Center. I felt like I was going to a fast food restaurant. Gave me a pain medication that did not work. I was and still am in so much pain, worse than giving birth. Called the next morning, waited three hours to get a call with new medication that still does not work. I feel with all the medication for pain out there I should not have to be suffering the way I am. He was very rude to me on the phone like I was pill hunting. You try having your butt cut apart and see how bad the pain is going to the bathroom. Tried to call again. This is day six and still have not heard back from him. I am seeking a new doctor even tho surgery was already done. I should have had chemo the first time and he said I didnt need it and now 4 years later it is back and good chance it would not have come back if chemo was done the first time.

December 1st, 2011
Great Doctor
I can not thank Dr. Smith enough for all he has done for me. From my unexpected surgery, late hospital visits and his quick diagnosis and surgical experience. I had so many forms and paperwork for work to fill out. His office nurse was so helpful. I even received a call to see how I was feeling, to see if I needed anything. You could not end up in better hands. Dr. spends time with you and really cares. My follow up visits at his office were prompt, professional and pleasant.

September 14th, 2011
I have had many operations, only one major with Dr. Smith . Best surgeon ever.

March 29th, 2011
Procedure with Dr.Smith
I had a surgery with Dr. Smith.He was very thourogh and explained everything to me. The procedure was scheduled before I left the office. The nurse also went over what I would need to do to get ready for the procedure. I had also received follow up calls after everything was all done.

March 24th, 2011
HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT
Remarkable Doctor with remarkable skill and expertise. I have had a colon resection and I could not have had a more attentive and skilled surgeon. Dr Smith answered all my questions and my calls were all returned.

December 14th, 2010
VERY UNCARING.. DOESN'T CARE HOW YOU ARE DOING.HAD MORE THAN A COLONOSCOPY HAD A FISTULA FIXED. DIDN'T CALL END UP IN ER NOT ONCE BUT TWICE NO CALLS UNTIL 5 WEEKS LATER YOU PAY THE $3,500 IT COST US.... WHAT HAPPENED TO A BED SIDE MANNER. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND YOU AS A DOCTOR.THINK YOU FORGOT WHY YOUR A DOCTOR.

November 17th, 2010
Dr. Smith
Dr. Chris Smith had been my surgeon twice and both times I have found him to be professional and knowledgable. I have followed him from his St Joe's location to his Mayfair office and now onto Lakeland because of trust and confidnce in his expertise, professionalism and follow up.

August 13th, 2010
I WOULD NEVER GO TO THIS DOCTOR. PATIENTS BEWARE>

February 20th, 2009
surgery for removal of cyst (from lump in chest)
I had Dr. Smith for a removal of a cyst or whatever it is (still being looked at) recently. I had my lump under breast on the rib cage for about 1/2 yr.So i had decided to be seen and was by primary doc. They told me to go and be seen by Dr. Smith, which I did.He suggested to get a mamm,ultra sound,cat scan done right away. I did.So after that was taken care of ,they told me Dr. Smith would call me about results. I had waited a week and finally called Dr. Smith office and they told me he was on Vacation....He would not be back for another week. So I had made the appointment with my primary to see what I should do next. So I paid another ten bucks to hear "I will put your file on his desk and that he should be in on wednesday.So I had waited, till the next week I called again and asked if he was in on Monday and he was.Then they told me he is off again he will call me..... Never happened. It was a cat chasing a mouse game back and forth trying to get a hold of the doc.From the results(test)from the dr.smith. Nice huh.Well finally I had surgery with this doc and I know I shouldn't of. I did have 2nd thoughts.They told me to be at the day surgery place by 7am. Then I get a call to be there at 6am. So I had showed up at 6:15am. I had done the paperwork and got changed in the rob had my IV done in wrist on bone.I was told the doc was running a little late and he would be here at 7:00am then it was 8:30am, and then he was supposed to be there at 9:10am but he did show up at 9:40am.So basically I was there for 3 hrs. with a IV in me for no reason. I was mad and ready to walk out.I was tired to. So they wheeled me in the operation room and saw dr. smith get his smock on and then i was out from anthes.Then when I woke up,I had asked my huband if doctor talked to him or came and saw him, He said no. So they rushed me out of the hospital and nothing was said. I don't I got a letter office had poor even know how my surgery went or how it was done. No instructions on what to do. I am really mad and angry on how DR.Smith handled his communication to me and surgery. I will never see him again. I will never recommand him to anyone.....There is more to story but I think I am done.There is no communication skills with Dr. Smith and staff. Does not return calls made to office before I had surgery, nor did he contact me, his assisistant did but barely told me anything......WILL NEVER RECCOMMAND HIM FOR ANY SURGERY OR TO BE SEEN!!!!!!

April 13th, 2017