Dr. Christopher Tiner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 1st, 2015
Don't go here
Dr Tiner himself seems like a great doctor. But getting in to see him or making an appointment is the worst experience. His "assistant" is unprofessional and doesn't return phone calls, ignores messages you leave, and doesn't consider the patients schedule when scheduling anything. You need to make multiple phone calls just to get a call back. When rescheduling because she often schedules poorly she doesn't take the patient into consideration. I would not recommend going to this office for any procedure

October 16th, 2013
a great dr. in every sense of the word. a great human being. dr. tiner puts you in a positive mind set from the very beginning. he performed five reconstructive surgeries on my scalp following a cancer diagnosis. i felt totally at ease as i went through a series of surgeries. when you look forward to a drs. office visit, and get wheeled into an o.r. where your surgeon (dr. tiner) has everyone laughing, you know that you're in good hands. i'm one blessed person.

July 25th, 2013
Three Ring Circus
Would not recommend.

June 4th, 2013
Ruined my life and sent me down the river
After going in for a broken jaw, I had the misfortune of going to Huntington Memorial Hospital where they let students practice on patients in critical condition. He not only made it extremely difficult to make follow up appointments, but he had to do the jaw surgery three times still with no success. After the first surgery, he left my face paralyzed and promised me for months it would come back to normal and said "There is absolutely no way I could have severed the nerve". Well after the 3rd attempted surgery, he found the 5 and 7 facial nerves just mysteriously disappeared. He also performed many procedures without any anesthesia in a little dirty side room at his office on Fair Oaks in Pasadena. It was torture! There was even an empty Coke can on the shelf with the anesthesia. Finally, I was sick of him pretending not to be there when I needed follow ups. He also forgot about my mouth being wired shut for 6 months and 'left out on vacation' frequently when I would go back to ask when they would be removed. Also, instead of taking X-rays, he would rub his fingers on the fracture to see if it had healed up! Perhaps if he was more concerned with his patients instead of chasing the nurses, he wouldn't make so many mistakes. I eventually went to other better doctors and they confirmed his practice was deplorable. But by then, the butchering was permanent and it his mess ups have cost me well over $100k to remedy my disfigurement. He has single handedly ruined my life forever and now I must dedicate everything to trying to look as normal as possible. He made me look like a freak and I get insensitive comments on a daily basis. I wish I had never seen him in my life! He is pompous, arrogant, and will lie to you to feed his already over inflated ego. I may also add that they couldn't even put in a catheter correctly because it was SO painful urinating 4 month prior and 4 years later I'm still having trouble urinating. Stay VERY far away from Tiner and Memorial Hospital!

May 24th, 2012
Had a broken orbital bone,nose and fractured cheek bone. After the surgery it took a while but 3 months after it was as if nothing happened! Im only 18 and he took very well care of me! Highly recommend!!

December 15th, 2011
John N
I highly recommend this Doctor. He was very professional and caring. After a serious orbital eye break after a boxing match, he was able to correct the issue.

October 13th, 2011
Highly respected plastic surgeon
Whether you need cosmetic or reconstructive plastic surgery, Dr. Tiner is one of the most highly respected surgeons within the LA area.

March 9th, 2011
I waited at Huntington Hospital as a recommended by the the nursing staff in ER for "him" to sew me up. Amazing kind man. absolutely flawless incision and little to no scar. thank you!!

November 28th, 2010
CHARMING DOCTOR!!
he makes my day happy! even though iam in too much pain, he greets with a smile and reassures me immediately that i will be ok. i will recommend him to my friend and family..

November 19th, 2009
Dr. Tiner Is an excellent surgeon!! I would refer people to him at any given moment if needed!! He showed compassion for my boyfriend and gave him hope that he would be able to survive his ordeal.. Not very many doctors in this world show how much they care for their patients.. Dr. Tiner did.. He took the time to come and see my boyfriend just to see how he was doing and that meant alot especially because his case was difficult.. I appreciate everything he did for him! Thank you Doctor Tiner! I can't say it enough...