Dr. Christopher Tomaras MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 21st, 2016
Just terrible. The office staff never wants to answer their extensions and the office staff at times just connects you since they see your number back to back, which is just ridiculous. I have been given the run around ever since my check up appointment. My surgery failed and John tole me to go to therapy and then not to and they again to go even after he told me my disks were irritated and swollen. How would that make any sense to have them pushed and messed with by doing therapy instead of actually calming the problem and then therapy. The worst experiance has been with the office staff and John. I have yet to see or speak to Dr. Tomaras since my surgery which was 3 months ago.I wouldn't recomment this office to anyone who wants relief and a quiality of life..

August 19th, 2016
Most excellent
Start to finish, Dr. Tomaras and his team were great! Presenting and explaining options of treatment as well as taking care of insurance questions, there was never any concern that my best interest and health were the top priority. The surgical center far exceeded my expectations! Great surgical team, nice relaxing atmosphere and state of the art equipment!! Not that I want health issues, but if I need treatment, this is the place I am coming to! Over all, most excellent experience and result!

May 31st, 2016
The entire experience was professional, caring, very efficient, and pleasant. From the front desk, surgery scheduling, the surgery team, Doctor Tomaras.. This was my first surgery, I must say the Surgery team was very patient, concern, they explained all details about the over all surgery experience, before and after surgery. Dr. Tomaras did an excellent job, based on my results.I can feel a difference. The administrative team , scheduling, medical records, the business office were excellent. Yes, I would recommend others to Polaris Spine Center.

May 19th, 2016
I was only there for a 2nd opinion!
I made an appointment for a 2nd opinion. Dr. Tomaras was the first doctor who could see me and, as it turns out, I was so glad! My husband and I spent much more time speaking to Dr. Tomaras on that first appointment than we thought we would. The practice does not take my insurance so that is why I was just there for a 2nd opinion. I was fairly certain I needed an L4 and 5 fusion but wanted to hear it from more that one medical professional. Instead of the cursory look at the CD I had brought, what we found was a caring Dr. who took so much longer than the Dr. I thought would be doing the surgery. Dr. Tomaras never rushed us and he answered all our many, many questions with such patience and compassion that we felt like we were family. The entire experience with Polaris Spine Center has been stellar! I just can't say enough about the staff, from the minute you walk in the door and the friendly greetings from the ladies at the front desk to the support staff in the back!! John Dobrasz who is Dr. Tomaras' PA is outstanding!! When we left the office, my husband made the statement that he would feel so much better if Dr. Tomaras did the surgery!! I felt the same way and it could not have gone better. I have to remind myself not to overdo. Dr. Tomaras and John Dobrasz told me everything to expect so there were no surprises. It's obvious they have done this many times! When I had questions, even on the weekends, my phone calls were returned with amazing rapidity. I would highly recommend Polaris Spine and Neurosurgery Center and especially Dr. Tomaras to anyone who is facing back surgery.

March 1st, 2016
Excellent Experience!
After months of extreme pain and numbness in my shoulder and arm, I had an ACDF (Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion) C4-6 outpatient procedure at the Polaris surgery center in Atlanta. The experience with the Polaris staff, Dr. Tomaras, PA John, and the surgery staff has been excellent! If you must have this procedure, this is the place to have it! By far not your typical doctor/hospital experience. Everything from the initial appointment to post surgery followup has been excellent. This is the way medical services should be done.

February 7th, 2015
Back pain relieved
I lived with back pain for more than 13 years with each year worse than the prior year. In a nutshell, I was diagnosed with stenosis, facet joint syndrome, and age-related disc degeneration and bulging disc. Over the years, I had several types of pain control procedures administered by a pain specialist in addition to alternate methods such as acupuncture. There was never any long-term relief, although epidurals did help short-term. So I relied on injections every three-four months plus pain meds on extremely active days. I disliked resorting to pharmaceuticals, but there were times I didn't have a choice. During that time, I obtained several opinions on whether or not to have back surgery. The surgeons all agreed that it was a personal decision based on my level of pain as to whether I should have surgery. My pain specialist advised me NOT to have surgery since back surgery is not always successful. Therefore, I kept putting off the idea of invasive surgery. It got to the point where I couldn't even take a walk on the beach without feeling sharp pain spams in my back. Basically, my entire quality of life was compromised due to my back. I could not exercise, walk, twist my back, dance, work in the garden, and it even hurt driving over speed bumps. Since Dr Tomaras helped a friend of mine, and I had already seen him previously for an opinion, I decided I was ready for his help. His entire staff, especially his PA, John, were very helpful. The procedure that was recommended for my issues was thoroughly explained, and I felt confident that Dr Tomaras was my surgeon of choice.. I agree that their phone system is not the best, but I always received a call back within 24 hours. Sometimes it did turn into telephone tag, but the phone call was definitely returned and during the phone conversation, all questions were answered and I felt that I was allotted plenty of time. The same goes for the office visits. I was always given plenty of time to ask my questions. I never felt hurried and was made to feel as if my case was the most important that day. I was very fortunate inasmuch as I was a candidate for anterior approach to the fusion. I knew right away that the surgery was a success since I no longer felt the back or leg pain that I experienced for so many years. My feeling is that Dr Tomaras is a skilled a knowledgeable surgeon that would do everything to the best of his ability to relieve the pain and discomfort of his patients. My followup visits were always with John, but when I saw Dr Tomaras in the hall, he always stopped and asked me how I was doing and spent time conversing with me. He is a kind and considerate surgeon. I am now five months out of surgery, and in retrospect, I wish I would have had the surgery many years ago. I could have saved myself a lot of pain, discomfort in addition to the money spent on short-term relief from epidurals, etc. I do not hesitate to highly recommend Dr Tomaras to anyone with neck or back issues that is ready to take the next step to heal their pain.

February 17th, 2014
I loved both Dr Tomaras and John and thank them in saving my life.I had a very rare tumor and the results could have been so different, Very personable and makes you feel important, He will give you the details if you wan them, I had surgery 48 hours after being told I had a brain tumor, and he preformed surgery on a sunday, great job and follow up has been easy.

April 5th, 2010
I searched for a neurosurgeon for 5 years beacause I did not trust "just anyone" operating on my back. Dr. Tomaras was the 4th doctor I saw and was recommended by a friend who had used him. He spent over 1 hour explaining the surgery and what my exact problem was. I am now 6 weeks after surgery and feeling wonderful. Immediately after surgery I could walk with NO pain for the first time in 5 years! I encourage everyone to make an appt. with Dr. Tomaras. He gave me back my life!!!!

March 24th, 2010
Tomaras is an extremely caring and courteous doctor. His expertise has made my life much easier since spinal fusion surgery

January 2nd, 2010
Peachtree Neurosurgery,Dr. Tomaras, and John, PA, get my highest regard for successful spinal surgery. I had hardly any pain after the surgery and have expreienced relief from leg numbness and back pain. My only complaint is with calls to the office not being returned in a timely manner. Calls being returned after two days is not acceptable. My calls were not an emergency, but were important to me. If the secretary is out of the office, then the calls should be forwarded to someone else. Leaving voice mail is not acceptable practice in my eyes. How long will the calls sit there. There semmes to be no prpvision for this. My new approach will be to ask directly for the PA. Anyway, if this is corrected, Peachtree N. will be a super place!

September 19th, 2008
Brain Aneuyrsm
Either this doctor's office is extremely busy or they just don't care. It is very, very difficult to get a return phone call if you get one at all. This is very frustrating.