Dr. Christopher Vanpelt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Christopher Vanpelt?

August 2nd, 2017

L5S1 fusion

Thrilled with my results and healing process. Best thing I ever did, I wish I didn't wait so long. Here I sit three weeks out thanking God for blessing me and Dr.VanPelt. POA is awesome!

March 9th, 2017

Amazing Surgeon!

I had been dealing pain radiating down my right leg for over a year before I decided to seek treatment. After talking with my General physician, he recommended Piedmont Orthopaedic Associates. During my first appointment, I was impressed that they had quickly identified the cause of my pain and recommended several options before jumping into surgery. After discussing all options, I decided to start conservative to see if I could get any relief without surgery. I tried all options, oral steroids, steroid injection in my lower spine, with no success but the staff at Piedmont Orthopaedics assured me they had the solution. I then was sent to see Dr. Christopher Van Pelt. Dr. Van Pelt talked to me about the surgery and how it would be performed and answered all my questions. I had many friends who told me stories of their spinal surgeries and I was a bit worried about taking the next step since they seemed to have difficult recoveries. I met with Dr. Van Pelt twice before deciding to schedule my surgery and he always made me feel like I was his priority while in his office. I scheduled the surgery in Mid. December. I was up and walking the very next day, and to my surprise absolutely NO PAIN. I was amazed. I had surgery on a Tuesday morning and was released from the hospital on Wednesday. By Friday I had no need for any pain medication. Dr. Van Pelt gave me my life back and after I realized my recovery was not as bad as everyone had been telling me I wish I had not waited so long to seek treatment in the first place.

February 27th, 2017

The best. Great bedside manner. Takes time to answer all your questions and address all your concerns.

September 16th, 2016

Back surgery

After an MRI I was diagnosed with very severe spinal stenosis . I was scheduled for an L3/4 laminectomy and spinal fusion with inter body caging, and an L5 decompression. I spent 2 nights in the hospital . The first week home stayed on pain meds, and napped . By the second week felt a lot better. At my 2 week follow up appointment I was off all pain meds and felt pretty "okay" I was now able to drive, run short errands meet a friend for lunch. The hard part is the first 8 weeks its important not to bend, lift or twist. Your daily activities are limited. Also very important for recovery is walking. I walk twice a day and it really helps with stiffness and soreness. If you just sit in a chair it will slow your recovery down. I am now at three weeks post surgery. Feeling stronger and better. Very glad I had this back surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Van Pelt and his team. They are wonderful!

July 25th, 2016

Recent Surgery

I went to Dr Van Pelt with debilitating nerve pain in my butt and legs making it difficult to do anything. We decided to go ahead with the Lumbar Laminectomy which was completed about 2.5 weeks ago. I'm glad to report the nerve pain is 100% gone! I still have some pain (less every day) from the surgery but for me I would say it's been 100% successful. The only downside to report is I had to wait a few months to get surgery scheduled. That could reflect the demand for a doctor with a good track record.

April 19th, 2016

Back Surgery

After my MRI showed an extruded disk fragment into my foramen L1-L2 mm in size, I decided to have Dr. Van Pelt be the surgeon for my surgery! I was nervous to say the least. I was having extreme pain in my lower back and pain in my groin area which kept me from working. After surgery, I noticed in the recovery room dramatic pain relief! Instantly, my symptoms presurgery had disappeared!!! So thankful for the pain relief!!

April 2nd, 2016

First and most important, thank you Dr. Van Pelt for giving me my life back! I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis 7 years ago and the neurosurgeon recommended spinal fusion. I decided to wait until I could not walk and that happened in 2015. I was basically immobile and could not stand for minutes at a time and I could not walk 50 feet before the pain started. Several of my friends who were former patients of Dr. Van Pelt had great results and suggested I schedule a simple consultation. Dr. Van Pelt scheduled an MRI, and after reviewing the results gave me a detailed plan for surgery and he was confident that he could provide relief for my pain. After a laminectomy and an overnight stay in the hospital, I was walking the halls of the hospital without pain. I am six weeks out from the surgery and going to the gym four days a week. I am walking a half mile or better on the treadmill and I no longer have pain when I stand for long periods of time. My cane is in the closet. My weight is steadily going down due to the increased activity. I am 62 but now feel twenty years younger and I no longer look for a seat the first thing when I enter a room. If you are suffering I highly recommend you consult with Dr. Van Pelt, he is very professional and highly skilled!

February 12th, 2016

Amazing Microdiscectomy Results

Absolutely amazing results from an L4 Microdiscectomy for a Herniated Disc performed by Dr. Van Pelt. All traces of left leg sciatica and localized nerve pain are gone. Incision wound is only about 2" long and is healing quickly and without complication. I can finally sleep thru the night, sit and not fear my back going out doing minor chores. An obvious professional of talent.

December 2nd, 2015

DR. VAN PELT PERFORMED A LUMBAR FUSION ON ME. MY TOTAL TIME IN THE HOSPITAL WAS 3 DAYS. I WAS UP AND WALKING SECOND DAY. I WAS ABLE TO GO OUTSIDE & WALK WITH A KANE IN LESS THAN ONE WEEK. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH MY RESULTS

November 14th, 2015

As a 75 year old "spring chicken" facing my 2nd spinal fusion for stenosis, I especially appreciated the expertise of the Dr. Van Pelt and his entire staff and the confidence that inspired. My recovery from this surgery was far quicker than my first, and the surgery didn't last as long either. I was able to be discharged after only 2 days and, after only 2 weeks, I was back to driving and exercising (with limits) and putting! I was not keen on having a 2nd operation but Dr. VanPelt noted with concern that the stenosis was impinging on my spinal cord and he strongly but gently urged that I have another spinal fusion, which replaced the old hardware and fused all 3 vertebrae. I am pain free and walking better than I have in some time. Going to a new doctor is never easy but in this case I'm so thankful that I was fortunate enough to have been referred to Dr. Van Pelt.

July 15th, 2015

cervical discectomy w/ fusion -multiple levels

Dr. Van Pelt was very understanding of my condition, and my anxiety of having surgery as a person w/ Parkinson`s Disease. He welcomed information on the special needs of people w/ PD undergoing surgery as well as post surgical issues that may have an influence on recuperation. Dr. Van Pelt also shared the PD and hospital guidelines with the OR Staff, and Anesthesiologist. His straight forward attitude was very important in reducing my anxiety, and having a successful surgery.

July 5th, 2015

I was very pleased with the doctor and his staff. I would recommend, if you are even thinking about having surgery, Dr. Van Pelt is someone you need to meet.