Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Amazing Microdiscectomy Results show details Amazing Microdiscectomy Results
by Tyler Milliken on Feb 11th, 2016

Absolutely amazing results from an L4 Microdiscectomy for a Herniated Disc performed by Dr. Van Pelt. All traces of left leg sciatica and localized nerve pain are gone. Incision wound is only about 2" long and is healing quickly and without complication. I can finally sleep thru the night, sit and not fear my back going out doing minor chores. An obvious professional of talent.

by DONALD RIFFLE on Dec 2nd, 2015

DR. VAN PELT PERFORMED A LUMBAR FUSION ON ME. MY TOTAL TIME IN THE HOSPITAL WAS 3 DAYS. I WAS UP AND WALKING SECOND DAY. I WAS ABLE TO GO OUTSIDE & WALK WITH A KANE IN LESS THAN ONE WEEK. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH MY RESULTS

by Gordon Brown on Nov 14th, 2015

As a 75 year old "spring chicken" facing my 2nd spinal fusion for stenosis, I especially appreciated the expertise of the Dr. Van Pelt and his entire staff and the confidence that inspired. My recovery from this surgery was far quicker than my first, and the surgery didn't last as long either. I was able to be discharged after only 2 days and, after only 2 weeks, I was back to driving and exercising (with limits) and putting! I was not keen on having a 2nd operation but Dr. VanPelt noted with concern that the stenosis was impinging on my spinal cord and he strongly but gently urged that I have another spinal fusion, which replaced the old hardware and fused all 3 vertebrae. I am pain free and walking better than I have in some time. Going to a new doctor is never easy but in this case I'm so thankful that I was fortunate enough to have been referred to Dr. Van Pelt.

cervical discectomy w/ fusion -multiple levels show details cervical discectomy w/ fusion -multiple levels
by ALLAN K. , Parkinson`s Advocate on Jul 15th, 2015

Dr. Van Pelt was very understanding of my condition, and my anxiety of having surgery as a person w/ Parkinson`s Disease. He welcomed information on the special needs of people w/ PD undergoing surgery as well as post surgical issues that may have an influence on recuperation. Dr. Van Pelt also shared the PD and hospital guidelines with the OR Staff, and Anesthesiologist. His straight forward attitude was very important in reducing my anxiety, and having a successful surgery.

by Norma Mims on Jul 5th, 2015

I was very pleased with the doctor and his staff. I would recommend, if you are even thinking about having surgery, Dr. Van Pelt is someone you need to meet.

Jun 22nd, 2015

My experience with Dr. Van Pelt was totally remarkable. He is a great doctor and his concern for your wellbeing shows with his concerns. Thumbs up and hats off to Dr. Van Pelt and his staff.

by Blaine Hudson on Feb 20th, 2015

After hearing many stories of back surgery, I was skeptical of the procedure. At 78 years I was uncertain. The experience was really good, and I am functioning so much better. The amazing thing is that I did not experience any pain. The most painful part of the experience was when they removed the IV from my arm and pulled off the tape. I could not be more pleased.

Lumbar Fusion - Single level show details Lumbar Fusion - Single level
by Stuart Spires on Sep 1st, 2009

I'm a 38 year old male who had a lumbar fusion with Dr. Van Pelt after two diskectomies from a previous surgeon. The procedure lasted 4 1/2 hours without any problems. The follow up has shown good progress with the fusion and I have had good range of motion.My experience was excellent! I was back at work in 8 weeks.