Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

cervical discectomy w/ fusion -multiple levels show details cervical discectomy w/ fusion -multiple levels
by ALLAN K. , Parkinson`s Advocate on Jul 15th, 2015

Dr. Van Pelt was very understanding of my condition, and my anxiety of having surgery as a person w/ Parkinson`s Disease. He welcomed information on the special needs of people w/ PD undergoing surgery as well as post surgical issues that may have an influence on recuperation. Dr. Van Pelt also shared the PD and hospital guidelines with the OR Staff, and Anesthesiologist. His straight forward attitude was very important in reducing my anxiety, and having a successful surgery.

by Norma Mims on Jul 5th, 2015

I was very pleased with the doctor and his staff. I would recommend, if you are even thinking about having surgery, Dr. Van Pelt is someone you need to meet.

Jun 22nd, 2015

My experience with Dr. Van Pelt was totally remarkable. He is a great doctor and his concern for your wellbeing shows with his concerns. Thumbs up and hats off to Dr. Van Pelt and his staff.

by Blaine Hudson on Feb 20th, 2015

After hearing many stories of back surgery, I was skeptical of the procedure. At 78 years I was uncertain. The experience was really good, and I am functioning so much better. The amazing thing is that I did not experience any pain. The most painful part of the experience was when they removed the IV from my arm and pulled off the tape. I could not be more pleased.

Lumbar Fusion - Single level show details Lumbar Fusion - Single level
by Stuart Spires on Sep 1st, 2009

I'm a 38 year old male who had a lumbar fusion with Dr. Van Pelt after two diskectomies from a previous surgeon. The procedure lasted 4 1/2 hours without any problems. The follow up has shown good progress with the fusion and I have had good range of motion.My experience was excellent! I was back at work in 8 weeks.