General Practitioner, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Pediatricians, Dentist

Mayo Medical School
200 1st St Sw
Rochester, MN 55905
507-284-2511
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Total TMJ joint replacement  |  show details
by Kris Scheppler on Mar 18th, 2013

Dr. Viozzi is awesome!!! I had my left jaw joint replaced with an artificial joint in December. He took A LOT of time explaining the entire procedure, patiently answered every question I ask and helped relieve much of the fear I was feeling. My first surgery with him was a total success. It went better than my best expectation. The scar is sizable ( long...through my ear and down the side of my neck) but its not even NOTICABLE AT ALL... He did an amazing job! I will have the right side replaced next week and have total confidence that he will do a great job. The complications than can happen from the surgery can be bad and I'm aware that things out of his control may occur, but I absolutely trust him... Highly recommend !!!

Feb 15th, 2012

He was the best surgeon i have met. He did a wonderful job removing 70 percent of my tumor. I healed faster than expected. I'm excited to see him in April when I go back for my checkup.

|  Dr. Evil the horror story!!!!!!!  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

|  straight out of a horror film  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2011

I had a surgery w this doc yesterday to get my wisdom teeth removed. He numbed me up and gave me laughing gas. He started the surgery, but shortly after he started the nightmare began. I asked him to stop cause I was feeling pain. He just kept going. I was shaking from head to toe from the pain screaming and cring begging him to stop. He told me I wasn't in any pain and just dug deeper. I started thrashing around and the pain got to be so much I couldn't even breath. I continued to beg for him to stop but he wouldn't. I jumped from the pain and kicked his tool tray by accident. He was more worried about his tools geting knocked over then about me and the pain he was putting me throu. Eventually another doc came in and took over thank god, cause I thought I was gona die. He was rude mean and insensitive. If you have any medical need for a doc like him, don't pick him. He doesn't care about his patients. I have contacted lawyers now to sue this doc. If you want an awsome doctor pick doc murphy. He's caring and shows every min that you are what matters most. If I can gave my wa this dr viozzi will lose his lic. I am now terrified of geting my other 2 surgeries done all thanks to dr evil.

|  Found the problem after many others failed  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2009

By the time we reach a doctor at Mayo we are usually pretty banged up, and it must be hard for a specialist there to sort through all that. Dr. Viozzi did in my case, expertly, and the result was dramatic. I only wish I'd been able to see him sooner.

|  show details
by Don barcome, Jr. on Apr 2nd, 2009

A 1st class physician and staff, great to work with, a very professional and caring person