Dr. Christopher Winfree Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Christopher Winfree?

Large Tumor of the Brachial Plexus,Dr Winfree is the BEST

Posted on June 3rd, 2017

After I was told I had a large brachial plexus tumor I was scared to death! I was told by my primary doctor to start looking for a Neuro Surgeon, I went to 3 of them and they were not giving me good news.Dr. Winfree knew he had a difficult case with me I feel. I had another Dr. Tell me I could lose all feeling in my Arm, Shoulder, and everything connected to the brachial plexus.if the operation went wrong.Dr. Winfree's skills saved my shoulder and everything connected to it.I have atrophy in some muscles in my arm, But I have full mobility and can use my hand.So I am happy I chose the right Doctor And Hospital.People will tell you to get a few opinions from neurosurgeons especially when you have a serious central nervous system tumor, I recommend seeing Dr. Winfree first.

Muscle Biopsy

Posted on July 27th, 2016

I was recommended to Dr. Winfree for a muscle biopsy. He was very pleasant, thorough with explanations and efficient with the procedure. His team was nice and professional before and after the procedure .

Great doctor and staff

Posted on July 12th, 2016

Dr. Winfree and his staff are wonderful. He has a sense of humor that someone else might take it the wrong way. He deals with patients who have chronic pain and it's definitely not an easy task, but he is an excellent doctor and treated my pain

Posted on June 8th, 2016

Definitely recommend Dr. Winfree to others, such a wonderful and caring doctor! He saved my life!

Highly recommend Dr. Winfree

Posted on June 1st, 2016

I cannot thank Dr. Winfree and his staff enough. Dr. Winfree helped me get back to a normal life.

Posted on February 18th, 2016

Had spine stimulator implanted in my back last year and have not had a single problem. Dr Winfree is a kind and caring doctor who just made me feel comfortable. Will Highly recommend to friends and famil y

Surgery

Posted on January 22nd, 2016

Dr. Winfree was very helpful and compassionate about my condition. Made me feel like more than "just" a patient, highly recommend to others.

daughter in law

Posted on January 7th, 2016

I went with my inlaws( both well into their 80's) today to see dr winfree for my mother in law's trigeminal neuralgia. this was the worst consultation with a dr. that I've ever experienced. For starters, he did not offer me a seat. as we entered his office, he said" there are 2 seats in here." I stood the whole time. He treated my mother in law despicably. He was condescending, poking fun at her use of the wrong words. He was utterly void of compassion as she was describing her relentless pain. He was icy cold and conceited. he offered his opinion in a curt, uncaring way. when my mother in law asked him at the end of the consultation," is there anything you can give me so the pain goes away and I can sleep?" he coldly said "no." even if she needs to consider this surgery there is no way in the world she would ever consider using this arrogant dr. he's awful.

Don't Bother

Posted on April 10th, 2015

Called over a week ago to make appointment to see Dr Winfree, Not 1 return phone call. Not 1 response, total waste of time, office staff is useless.

Posted on March 25th, 2015

Dr. Winfree saved my life! He is the best doctor!

Excellent Doctor

Posted on February 11th, 2015

After reading other reviews, it is hard to believe we are talking about the same doctor. I just saw Dr. Winfree for a nerve sheath tumor and he was accommodating, patient (I had a lot of questions) and very real. He spent time showing me my MRI images so I understood exactly what type of tumor I had, why it doesn't look cancerous (thank god) and what I should do. He took time with me and told me options that didn't include having surgery. He provided a wait and see approach and I respect that. He encouraged me to email him after my next MRI (I have issues with my ears / tingling in face) to let him know the outcome and if I had any further questions. His staff was friendly and I appreciated the fact that they asked me so many questions prior to my visit so I didn't waste my time or Dr. Winfree's time. I like him, respect him and would have him remove my tumor if necessary. Form your own opinions and take these reviews with a grain of salt. He is a tumor guy and if you have something that is not in his area of expertise, he will tell you. The approach at Columbia is very specialized and not all neuro issues are connected (I thought they were and diagnosed myself after too much internet). Other reviews indicated that they felt dismissed and that he couldn't help them. Maybe their issue is not his expertise?? All I know is that he was great with me and I would recommend him.

Posted on January 30th, 2015

Great surgeon after surgery chiari decompression i was like a new person He is a 5 Star Dr.